Weekend Team Competition Idea - Feedback Required

I have had an idea of a competition to be run just on Saturdays. Random picked teams of 3-5 punters have to select a horse each in 3 selected races, probably a hurdles race, a chase and an all weather race. Points are awarded for finishing position such as 10pts win, 7pts 2nd, 5pts 3rd, 3pts 4th etc but also points are awarded relating to the SP of the horse. It is just an idea to introduce some fun team competition to ATR on a Saturday afternoon and will give punters intertest throughout the day. I would collect a list of names of those interested, randomly select the teams and then nominate the races that you have to pick your selections in. I'm thinking there may be tactical team decisions so if a horse looks like a dead cert all 3-5 team members may go for the same horse on purpose to try get the 10pts for the win while other teams may go for a few bigger priced selections and win by getting horses with a bigger SP. At the moment it is just an idea, I'd like to know your thoughts towards it such as how many members should be in a team, should races be large field handicaps or graded feature races etc and to see if anyone is interested. No prizes involved, just bragging rights for the weekend and something to get us working together. I'm also thinking further ahead to see if this was a success we could run something similar for Cheltenham and for the Grand National etc. I'd plan to announce the selected races about Wednesday or Thursday so you can sort out your team tactics by PM's etc. Let me know your thoughts. :ok

Re: Weekend Team Competition Idea - Feedback Required Sounds like a good idea Phil, i assume you can opt out on a particular saturday if you wish & then joing again? I would be interested but on football weekends would have to post by 12.30 anyway Not sure we need to have a chase plus a hurdle, it could be both if required? :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.