Jocky Wilson Cup - Skysports 7pm 05/12/09

Outright - Scotland To Win - 4/1 - SportingBet - 3pts Believe it or not i'm a patriotic Englishman! But Value is Value! This England v Scotland Match up is being played for the first time, in Glasgow. Now 5000 screaming Glaswegians is enough to put anyone off! Interestingly, I think it was the crowd turning on Wade that cost him the game against Jenkins in the Grand Slam. I expect him to get plenty of stick from this crowd and unfortunately see Wade as the weak link in this tournament. The bookies have Anderson favourite to beat him first game up and I agree, that could put the Jocks 1-0 in a race to 3, that on its own makes 4/1 good value. Add to that the doubles match where anythng can happen, 1 throw per player in every 4 visits to the oche can often upset rhythm, meaning this match could well turn out to be a coin toss! Obviously Taylor is immense but not unbeatable as Van Der Voort proved in the grand slam. The format is best of 11 which means Taylor can be beaten in a race to 6. I believe with home support either Thornton or (more likely) Anderson can pull of a shock victory.

Re: Jocky Wilson Cup - Skysports 7pm 05/12/09 7.15pm - Game 1 - Gary Anderson v James Wade 3pts - Over 5.5 180's - 5/6 - Boylesport Both Big Scorers and both hopefully up for the match. Between 2 high class players with 9 or 10 legs, working on at least a 6-4 or 6-3 victory either way I reckon we'll see 6 180's.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.