Best bet of the day 3rd Dec

6.15 Wolverhampton Prohibition is likely to be a classy sort and not your typical aw runner and should walk this if fit and well after long break and taking to the aw surface, he showed real promise on debut finishing 4th and then won extremely well on heavy ground beating some classy sorts; class is class, petrovsky, nom dom and all have gone off to win off marks of 65+ and a couple 80+, he has been given a rating of 80 which looks a tasty mark if all is well. With a horse being off the track for so long defenetily need to be skeptical and try and find a cover bet and I feel Oriental Cavalier is gonna be mine, he has been running with credit recently and took advantage of a weak maiden over CD, and looks to have a race in him somewhere on aw this winter. 1pt win prohibition

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec Chapel Flowers 2.05 Leicester Won two class 5 chases off 82 and 89 by 32l and 11l over 22f and 20f and on good and good to firm ground. Was clearly well ahead of the handicapper at the point but just how far is what we will find out today as he has hit it with an 18lb raise. Ran over hurdles last time and finished 3rd but back over fences today and Lee Stephens, a 3lb claimer takes over from Richard Johnson and he has ridden the horse before. Some of the rivals look like complete no hopers and I think it will be just too good for the main dangers Rio Laine and Foxesbow. Progressing very quickly and could be one to follow for a while.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec Wolverhampton 16:45 Arteus has been in great form of late, winning its last 2 races, the latter containing the likely 2nd favourite in this race - Tourist, which could only manage 9th in that outing. Also stall 4 is a good draw for a horse likely to make the running. Doesn't look like much else to challenge apart from Tourist, but if Arteus gets in front he is very likely to stay there. Arteus to land a hat-trick 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec Hellbender won two in a row before losing at Lingfield LTO and can easily bounce back today. This was in a Class 2 handicap so today's race is weaker. Has a very impressive and consistent record on the All Weather with 4 wins and 7 places from 12 runs, so only the one run where he has been out the places and that was in the Class 2 race that was mentioned earlier. Is just 2lbs higher than his distance win at Lingfield but 5lb claimer on board today in Lee Newnes could be important. He has won on the horse before and can do so again today. 1.25pts win Hellbender Good luck sdawson, I have also tipped you selection up in the Wolverhampton thread but feel this one has more appeal :ok

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec

Hellbender won two in a row before losing at Lingfield LTO and can easily bounce back today. This was in a Class 2 handicap so today's race is weaker. Has a very impressive and consistent record on the All Weather with 4 wins and 7 places from 12 runs, so only the one run where he has been out the places and that was in the Class 2 race that was mentioned earlier. Is just 2lbs higher than his distance win at Lingfield but 5lb claimer on board today in Lee Newnes could be important. He has won on the horse before and can do so again today. 1.25pts win Hellbender Good luck sdawson, I have also tipped you selection up in the Wolverhampton thread but feel this one has more appeal :ok
Meant to be a 1pt win, sorry.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec Wincanton 14.45 Bakbenscher made his chase debut over C&D LTO after a promising hurdle career. Although he was beaten by 8 lengths by the more experienced Red Admiral todays drop in class and him being on a more level playing field can see him home. Going should be fine and the King/Thornton combo only have this ride here today.:ok 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec Leicester 1.05pm Epee Celeste 1pt lay Horse claimed for £16020 after LTO win at Auteuil (France)2m2f heavy,today running for the Pipe yard and will be well backed today. 3 others have a good form score and Veiled looks good aswell and might take to jumping and take this race today and market odds are in favour of this horse early being in the odds range of 3.50/3.70. Market odds for the lay are value imv as the horse might not take to the race today plus with at least 4 others that will give the race a real go and the rest of the field with me against the lay the odds are value imv,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 4.45 Wolverhampton Arteus was in the money last time out and another bold front running display could reap dividends again this afternoon. Seven furlongs on polytrack suits this horse who is open to more improvement and the handicapper has only raised him a small amount in the weights for his last time out win. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec Captain Cee Bee was highly fancied horse after it won the Anglo Irish Bank Supreme Novices' Hurdle Grade 1 at Cheltenham in March 2008 beat Binocular - Snap Tie & Kalahari King if it has come back from injury ok it should run a good race It had top Hurdle rating of 152 and won 50% at distance.AP MCoy on his back.Owned by JP McManus. Captain Cee Bee 3/1 runs in the 12.50pm at Naas - Irish Stallion Farms European Breeders Fund Beginners Chase

Naas 13:50 - Plaisir D'Estruval (Each-way) This one should be really suited by conditions as Naas this afternoon, ran on heavy ground two runs ago at Listowel when 3rd which was a sound race, won over the 2m 4f at Downpatrick also on heavy, fav looks a short price to me and I like this one's each way chances, hopefully 8 line up.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 13.45 - Wincanton - Master Overseer - WIN This horse stands out as the one they all have got to beat in this heat. He won by a mile in his latest race at Towcester, and should have more than enough in hand here to follow up. He has been penalised for the win, but is due to be raised a further 10lbs in the near future. He will soon be raised in the weights, and connections will hope to capitalise before the re-adjustment of the weights takes place.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 14:25 Market Rasen Fabalu - I am going for the top weight in this one was 18 lengths behind Bay Cherry LTO with the latter getting 5lb for it. That run was Fabalu's first go at a chase and this was a extremely good hurdler. Trainer in good form with 14 wins and 9 places out of 45. Similar statistics for his jockey. McCain has Cheltenham eyed for this horse "Enjoys soft and aimed for 4 miles at Cheltenham" 1 pt win.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 125 Market Rasen: Kings Fontaine Kings Fontaine was with Paul Nicholls last season and was frustrating but on his debut for his new yard he bolted up and looks to have matured and should follow up here under a penalty. There are a couple of horses in opposition that have shown a little abilty in Finaly and Frosty Lad but they will have to improve a lot to beat the fav. Jonjo runs a newcomer and may be dangerous but looks like he may need more time looking at his bumper run. 8/11 at the moment and looks the safest option in the novice races today.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 1:45 Wincanton Master Overseer had an impressive win LTO at towcester winning by 16 lengths. Has been a bit inconsistent in the past but feel that he will capitalize here before his 10lb raise. He has a pretty easy task here with, imo, the only real challenger likely to be Skippers Lad - who with his consistancy should be in the frame. 1pt Win Master Overseer

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 2:45 Wincanton. Aux Le Bahhn. 1 point LAY Bit of a risk in such a small field, but I think it's justified. There are 5 runners in this Beginner's Chase. One of them is slower than me, but you can make a serious case for all of the other four. That includes the selection, who won all his three races last season. However they were all over hurdles and his ability over larger obstacles has to be proven. Also, he has not been seen out since January, and whilst he has done well fresh in the past, a couple of his fancied rivals not only have the benefit of a bit of chasing experience, but are also likely to be a little sharper in fitness terms for their runs. Furthermore, I think they may be just a wee bit classier. With there being another horse in the race that you can't discount, I think the lay is value.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 2:05 Leicester Double Trouble - 3 poor displays recently but this has been on Slow ground. He is back to Leicester today where he finished 3rd last time but today the going is Good, Good to firm in places which suits him best, Dropping a couple of lb's in the weights aswell i think this will be the horse to upset the favourites and that makes it my best bet of the day. Double Trouble 0.5pts E/W

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 3.25 Market Rasen - Wingull Ran into a very good handicapped horse last time, but beat the rest pretty well. The previous race he contested produced many winners. All the horses in the first four positions won races in their next outings and this is cracking form good enough to win this unless the Jim Best horse is another improver like Calzaghe and Canni Thinkanar. I'm gonna take my chance.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec Naas 1.50 Plaisir D'Estruval 0.5 Point E/W Holds a 100% strike rate over these conditions, And his 6 length win reads well at Down Royal back in February and looks a big danger at the weights against a few of these who could have a few question marks especially on this ground.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 2.45 Wincanton: Vodka Brook Win Stable in great form; made a nice return to action last month finishing 2nd from this mark over this trip. Ground conditions should pose no problem with all decent runs to date coming on going with soft in the description. Fairly tight little race this but think with stable form and current form being taken into account, this one looks the most likely winner.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec :cheers Captain Cee Bee WON @ 4/1 at Naas did it well Zaarito ran well but the captain had the race in his control it was on unsuitable ground Heavy and his trainer said he needed to give him a run - reckon the Captains bacjk and will be looking at future races .

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec Wolv 4.45 - Tourist - win Has won his last 2 races at this track and runs under a 6 lb penalty today. He's still officially 'well in' as he goes up 7 lbs from tomorrow (?) Takes a bit of a leap of faith to believe he'll beat Arteus who beat him by 10 lengths 2 runs ago at Kempton, that's a hell of a lot to make up But I'm counting on the Wolves factor - Tourist has a terrific record here, Arteus has no form here at all Bit of a tester for 'horses for courses'

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd Dec 5.45 Wolverhampton Admiral Cochrane - Been in great form in nurserys placed in his last 3 starts and looks to of found an ideal oppurtunity to open his account. Unlucky last week at kempton to run into blue lyric who has boosted the form since these two came well clear. The money has come for this horse today and this looks an ideal oppurtunity. 1pt win

Nass 1.20 Torphichen- A good record all in all. Has won twice over this distance and finished 2nd in his last attempt should defy the favourite.
:welcome to PL mate and a nice winner. However.... I would very much advise against editing your posts, especially after the race has finished. It is one of the big no-no's on the forum mate. Good to have you on board though :ok

Hellbender won two in a row before losing at Lingfield LTO and can easily bounce back today. This was in a Class 2 handicap so today's race is weaker. Has a very impressive and consistent record on the All Weather with 4 wins and 7 places from 12 runs, so only the one run where he has been out the places and that was in the Class 2 race that was mentioned earlier. Is just 2lbs higher than his distance win at Lingfield but 5lb claimer on board today in Lee Newnes could be important. He has won on the horse before and can do so again today. 1.25pts win Hellbender Good luck sdawson, I have also tipped you selection up in the Wolverhampton thread but feel this one has more appeal :ok
Picked the wrong one for BBOTD purposes :( :wall