** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

DURRRR (not him ..... me)

Dreamkiller

This isn't an advice seeking thread guys ..... just a hand for learning from ... :hope I went with Tina to the Grosvenor Walsall last saturday for a £20 (+ £5 !) Deepstack 10K chips. I picked up :Qh: :Qs: UTG ..... blinds were 1st level (25 / 50) .... I raised to 200 and got 4 callers including SB and BB. The flop came :Qd: :Kc: :3s: ....... blinds check .... I bet 600 .... all fold to BB who then calls. The turn was :Kh: .... BB checked and so do I ..... River is :3d:. He bet 1200 .... I raised to 3000 ... he went all in for remaining chips (about 6k) ................. I had been to Merry Hill all day as it was our 12 yr anniversary .... I felt tired and quite nervous to be honest. When i've been playing live before I very rarely get a straight or flush let alone a full house !!! I played the hand like all the room was watching me and was convinced I was ahead on the turn which is why I checked .... When the 2nd three came I said "Thats a bad river I think you've got me ....grr). I didn't look at the guy ...thought about nothing for 20 seconds ... knew I was beat then but just called on the very vague hope he had a single three. (a) The 2nd three should have made me fold if he has a King (quite possible with a rag kicker) .... (b) He is only going to call a raise on river or re-raise if he has me beat (in theory)..... © He went all in after I re-raised ..... seen it on tv and obviously he has ..... (see below) .... (d) I played it really bad but only after the event does the hand make any sense :sad I called and he had :3c::3h: ........ he had one out and my check on the turn allowed him a free card to hit. I will never know if he would have folded 333KK on turn as he would have probably called me down IMHO ..... and hit anyway as it happens. Just a sick hand but one I feel would have happened whatever I did ..... if he doesnt put me on KK or QQ then his 333 is leading on flop .... turn gives him FH .... he may put me on AK ... he still leads ... etc etc. I know I should have flat called the 1200 river bet .... still would have left me 7500 ........ DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR Too much online makes me lazy and quite passive when playing live !! (apart from my stooopid call of his all in !) :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:puke .......... JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS ....... I feel better now ;)

Re: DURRRR (not him ..... me) With 4 callers, you have to bet as hard as possible. You know 100%, someone there has a K and will call it all the way. You cant afford any free cards. I just went out with KK on 1st hand. Raised x9 and BB called. Flop xx2 and I bet the pot, and he calls. Turn comes 2, I push, he calls with A2. But live games are much worse for that.

Re: DURRRR (not him ..... me) Cheers Hen .... I think the rarity with which I play live really didn't help but I see where I went wrong on every street (and every city tbh :lol) now. So much easier when you see the whole picture online ... I need to get a grip when playing live !