Champion Hurdle

HamnEggs

What do you think is happening with the Champion Hurdle at the moment? Before the FF on Saturday I thought that the race would be informative and my immediate reaction after the race was that it was a farce which should be immediately dismissed. However, watching it again I think that the race could still be informative. Go Native has to be a threat to all on better ground and Kempton should suit him perfectly. He is a former winner of the Supreme and beat a Champion Hurdle winner into second. I trust he will go for 2nd leg of WBX bonus. If so I reckon he will be up against Starluck, Binocular and some rags. With the likelihood of a lack of pace in the race (unless JP uses a pacemaker) I cant see Binocular beating Go Native. In fact could Binocular go for The Bula and Punjabi for the Xmas Hurdle?!

Re: Champion Hurdle hmmmm, Personally, I think Hurricane Fly can beat them all come Cheltenham, but at the same time, I believe without doubt that come Cheltenham, Binocular and Solwhit will improve on their Newcastle running. I have yet to be impressed by Binocular though - opposed him last year, and wont be backing him this year. I just dont think he is that special, and expect him to be vulnerable to the Irish challengers, and maybe even Punjabi again ?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.