The Player’s Championship

Best tournament of the year so far on this Tour. Not gonna try and pick a winner, gonna stick to the match bets again this week. Haven’t had a great deal of time to look around, but these two stand out: First Up Robert Allenby to beat Adam Scott – Skybet Was surprised to see these two paired together. Adam Scott is a good player and will win Majors during his career, but Allenby is in that class now and as a multiple winner on Tour should have too much for Scott. Scott has put some decent performances in this year, he has 3 top tens from 4 starts (3rd last week). He has only played twice at Sawgrass, 17th last year, missed cut year before. Allenby too has been consistent over his 6 starts this season (4 top 20 finishes). He missed the cut at Bay Hill last week, but he never seems to perform well there, so I think that can be discounted. Allenby has been getting steadily better over the years here, he has made the last 4 cuts and has finished top 20 in the last 2 years (4th last year). Bernard Langer to beat Colin Montgomerie - Skybet Langer has played 7 events in the States and whilst not doing anything special, he has made every cut. Looking at his results his last rounds have been letting him down, he has only broken 70 once in the final round this season. But it should all be over by then!! He has missed only 1 cut here in 18 attempts. Monty won last week in the Far East, good for him, but he has always been found wanting in the States. Even at the peak of powers he didn’t cross the line. His win last week will have boosted his confidence, and had he been playing in Europe then I am sure it would have spurred him on, but not at Sawgrass. Monty has finished 3rd here only four years ago, but he has struggled since then, and I cannot see him making the cut this year. Hopefully will get some time to have a look around at some of the specials before the tournament kicks in tomorrow.

Guest Ra1nmaker

Re: The Player’s Championship I’ve had nightmares about that 17th and that’s just playing it in video games. With most of the Par 5s reachable in two I’ve never been convinced that Sawgrass requires a big hitter. Accuracy from the tee at the 5s and a fair few of the 4s is the key. After a decent finish last week and he’s played well here before I plump for Scot Verplank. I like him in a Group Bet at BlueSq. Fredrik Jacobson is one I would want to oppose here as he is definitely not accurate off the tee. BlueSq have him up against C DiMarco. Chris is in decent form, good from the tee and regularly hits the green in regulation. All bets BlueSq Verplank ew 33/1 72 hole Group bet – Verplank (9/4) against Toms, Scott & Clarke 72 hole match bet – C DiMarco (10/11) to beat F Jacobson

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.