KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov: Winner Go Native

bowles10

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov As Ive posted on a few threads www.wbxtriplecrown.com seems best place for news on it. Entries tomorrow. I dont think we will see a big field with people scared to take on the big boys. I think it will be Binocular Solwhit Cape Tribulation Sublimity Al Eile Hurricane Fly Won In The Dark Go Native If this is true why isnt the WBX.COM Fighting Fifth Hurdle run in Ireland with the majority of the field crossing the Irish Sea.

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov Sporting Life - Newcastle looks set to stage an early-season highlight on Saturday with Binocular and Solwhit set to clash in the WBX.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle. The pair dominate the market for the Champion Hurdle, with Solwhit having landed a Grade One event at Punchestown earlier this month and Binocular having lost just twice in seven races over hurdles. The latter's trainer Nicky Henderson has his string in red-hot form and said: "He's fine - we'll have to put a few more on the lorry to keep AP (McCoy) happy!" Henderson won the rescheduled race at Wetherby last year when subsequent Champion Hurdle victor Punjabi got the better of Sublimity, who will try again for the Robbie Hennessy yard. "He had a schooling race about 10 days ago at Fairyhouse just to give him a good blow, but the ground was very heavy. He went very well though and we were delighted with him," said Hennessy. "He feels as good as ever and he hasn't got much mileage on the clock. Philip (Carberry) came over from France to school him the other day and he says he feels as well as ever. "His jumping was brilliant - he was scary the other day, he was that fast over them. "The ground should be fine. I got a text off Newcastle saying it was good to soft, and it drains well. The weather's mild too - not like last year, when it was a bit of a disaster. "We might not be at Newbury, but let's hope we are toasting a Hennessy on Saturday night!" Ireland provide two-thirds of the nine-runner field, with Al Eile, Go Native, Muirhead and Won In The Dark also possibles, while Cape Tribulation and Blue Bajan join Binocular for the home team.

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov BINOCULAR ODDS-ON FOR FIGHTING GLORY Binocular is odds-on to make a winning reappearance in the WBX.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle at Newcastle on Saturday. Sky Bet make Nicky Henderson's charge a 4/5 chance for the weekend feature with Solwhit 6/4. Sublimity is next best at 10/1 with the big two dominating the market. Blue Square have priced up a match bet between the market leaders with Binocular 8/11 to finish in front of his rival and Solwhit even money.

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov Is it me or does Gonative look a massive price at 25/1? Have i missed a report or something about questions over his participation? Ground is not gonna be a concern he is equall effective on good ground as he is testing ground. He looks interesting at 25/1 for me may have to have my first ante post bet of the season!

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov Ok i have given in im now on betfair lol! I have had a couple of quid on go native at 26/1 on betfair I simply think the price is far too big for a horse that has gone well in testing conditions and has beaten some classy sorts in his time, I am certain he will be shorter on the day so I am fairly sure I can trade out if need be!

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov I'm a big fan of Sublimity but I'm concerned about the ground. Should be a good race though and I wouldn't be taking Binocular at odds on for its first run of the season. Look what happened with Master Minded and Hurricane Fly.

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov The Fighting Fifth was upgraded from a Listed Handicap in 1998 to Grade 2 , then up to Grade 1 status in 2004 . 1 - In those 10 runnings the Favourite , clear and joint , has won 9 times. 2 - 8 of the 9 with a BHA rating were rated 145+ , the other was The French Furze [135]who won at 25/1 . 3 - 9 of the 10 [ French Furze again the odd one out ] had all won at GRADE 1 or 2 level . 4 - Age - 5 year olds have won 5 of the 10 runnings , 4 of the rest were between 6 and 8 yo. Yet again old French Furze was the fly in the ointment , he was a 9 y-old.

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov Sporting Life - SUBLIMITY READY TO ROLL Fighting Fifth Hurdle: Sublimity 10/1 Robbie Hennessy wouldn't swap Sublimity for anything in Saturday's WBX.com 'Fighting Fifth' Hurdle at Newcastle. The trainer told At The Races: "I couldn't he happier with him. He did his last piece of work at the Curragh up the Old Vic on Tuesday and went very well. "Solwhit is the one we all have to beat on Saturday. He's tough, been there and done that, but at the moment, the way our lad is, I wouldn't swap him." Sublimity had an operation on his wind after disappointing in last season's Smurfit Kappa Champion Hurdle, a race he won in 2007. "He came back in after the race making an awful rattle in his throat. Philip (Carberry) said after halfway he couldn't breathe. We got a little procedure done on his palate and the horse has turned himself inside out after that. "We got it done straight after the Champion Hurdle and ran him in the Saval Beg on the Flat and he ran a cracker there," Hennessy added. Sublimity is a 10/1 chance for Saturday's feature with Sky Bet. JEFFERSON HOPING FOR NEWCASTLE RAIN By Nick Robson and Keith Hamer, Press Association Sport Unlike most trainers this weekend, Malcolm Jefferson is hoping for more rain ahead of the WBX.COM "Fighting Fifth" Hurdle at Newcastle for Cape Tribulation. The Grade One event is set to feature a stellar cast with current ante-post Champion Hurdle favourite Binocular, second favourite Solwhit and former Cheltenham winner Sublimity due to do battle. Jefferson won the race in 1998 and 1999 with Dato Star and feels Cape Tribulation has the potential to hold his own at that level after a promising novice campaign last season. "Cape Tribulation would need it very soft, especially over two miles," said the Malton handler. "He's got the class for a race like this but it's whether he has the class for two miles, that's the big question. "I've always wanted to bring him back to two miles but you'd want everything in his favour if we did. "It's a hot race. I'm undecided at the moment." Sabrina Harty is likely to send Won In The Dark, who finished just half a length behind Sublimity in last year's December Festival Hurdle at Punchestown. "The plan is to travel, we are hunting for some better ground. It has to be better than over here anyway," said Harty. "He was very unlucky not to win a decent prize last season and in his other races the ground always went against him. "We'll have to go that route again with him this year, it's the only option. "Newcastle should suit him, he's only a handy horse and we need to get a run in to him. "We've not decided who will ride him yet though, what with racing in Ireland a little up in the air and Newbury on too." Won In The Dark will have Sublimity to contend with again though after Robbie Hennessy confirmed last year's runner-up will take his chance. "I couldn't be happier with him. He did his last piece of work at the Curragh up the Old Vic on Tuesday and went very well," Hennessy told At The Races. "Solwhit is the one we all have to beat on Saturday. He's tough, been there and done that, but at the moment, the way our lad is, I wouldn't swap him."

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov

1 18351.GIF 32131/4- Al Eile (IRE) 23 d.gif<a href=bf.gif"> 9 11-7 J Queally T J Murphy 155 nag.gif SP SP 16/1
2 3449.GIF 121/113- Binocular (FR) 263 d.gif<a href=bf.gif"> 5 11-7 N J Henderson A P McCoy 169 nag.gif SP SP Evs
3 230.GIF 33084-6 Blue Bajan (IRE) 21 d.gif 7 11-7 Andrew Turnell G Lee 159 nag.gif SP SP 40/1
4 159154.GIF 211-412 Go Native (IRE) 22 d.gif 6 11-7 Noel Meade D J Condon 147 nag.gif SP SP 16/1
5 168403.GIF 1211-11 Solwhit (FR) 13 d.gif 5 11-7 C Byrnes D N Russell 165 nag.gif SP SP 13/8
6 50943.GIF 42/2140- Sublimity (FR) 184 d.gif 9 11-7 t Robert Hennessy P A Carberry 161 nag.gif SP SP 10/1
7 142767.GIF 31/420-7 Won In The Dark (IRE) 114 d.gif 5 11-7 Miss S Harty R M Power 157 nag.gif SP SP 40/1

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov Considering the record of the market leader in this race over the years it would seem the sensible selection is BINOCULAR . AP on board and around the 1.9 mark seems a solid wager to me.

Ok i have given in im now on betfair lol! I have had a couple of quid on go native at 26/1 on betfair I simply think the price is far too big for a horse that has gone well in testing conditions and has beaten some classy sorts in his time, I am certain he will be shorter on the day so I am fairly sure I can trade out if need be!
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Brilliant tipping mate :cheers

Ok i have given in im now on betfair lol! I have had a couple of quid on go native at 26/1 on betfair I simply think the price is far too big for a horse that has gone well in testing conditions and has beaten some classy sorts in his time, I am certain he will be shorter on the day so I am fairly sure I can trade out if need be!
great stuff mate :clap:clap:clap:clap:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov I couldnt believe my luck thankyou guys my biggest winner to date even though I traded out so i was all green but i was still very much in the green on go native so extremely happy and had him in tote 10 so it shall be a good night tonight ;)!!

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov Well done on Go Native, guys. Cracking price. This form is so weak though. I wouldn't touch the 12/1 on him for the Champion. Hurricane Fly brushed him aside so easily when they met. Pretty much the same will happen again imo. I've been waiting for the Hurricane to drift as much as possible and was expecting a Binocular win here, but it didn't happen. I think the 7.4 at Betfair is the biggest he'll go, because I am quite sure he'll win his next race. I had a pretty biggish bet on him including all the Beat Victor fivers from the last three days :)

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov: Winner Go Native Saturday November 28 2009 i_rresult.gif Newcastle 13:50 - Result Wbx.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle (grade 1) £100000 added, 4yo plus, 2m, Class 1, £56330 penalty, 7 ran Going: Good to Soft, Good in places Race Report » i_time.gif Winning Time: 4m 02.7s

Pos.Dist.HorseWtJockeyTrainerAgeSP
1 Go Native (IRE) 11-7 D J Condon Noel Meade 625/1
held up, smooth headway to challenge 2 out, led before last, ridden and stayed on well flat opened 20/1 touched 25/1
2 2½Sublimity (FR) 11-7 t P A Carberry Robert Hennessy 920/1
held up on outside, headway approaching 3 out, led next, headed before last, ridden and kept on flat opened 16/1 touched 20/1
3 3¼Solwhit (FR) 11-7 D N Russell C Byrnes 515/8
held up, headway 3 out, effort next, soon ridden, stayed on to go 3rd flat, no impression opened 7/4 touched 15/8
4 1Won In The Dark (IRE) 11-7 R M Power Miss S Harty 550/1
raced keenly, tracked leader, effort 3 out, every chance next, soon ridden and kept on same pace opened 40/1 touched 50/1
5 nkBinocular (FR) 11-7 A P McCoy N J Henderson 55/6 f
tracked leaders, effort 3 out, every chance next, driven and one pace approaching last, no extra opened 10/11 touched Evs £3000-£3000 £500-£500 (x3) £2000-£2200 (x2) £909-£1000 £1875-£1000 £3500-£2000 £1750-£1000 £1225-£700
6 1½Al Eile (IRE) 11-7 T J Murphy J Queally 916/1
held up in touch, pushed along after 4 out, headway and effort approaching 2 out, ridden and no impression approaching last opened 22/1 touched 22/1
7 hdBlue Bajan (IRE) 11-7 G Lee Andrew Turnell 766/1
led, quickened approaching 3 out, headed next, soon ridden, no extra flat opened 50/1 touched 66/1

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov: Winner Go Native Could Go Native win the WBX Million? Im not too sure about the Million but he could win at Kempton next time out. After the retirement of Harchibald would be great for Noel Meade to get another top 2m hurdler.

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov: Winner Go Native

Could Go Native win the WBX Million? Im not too sure about the Million but he could win at Kempton next time out. After the retirement of Harchibald would be great for Noel Meade to get another top 2m hurdler.
Do you work for WBX?

Is it me or does Gonative look a massive price at 25/1? Have i missed a report or something about questions over his participation? Ground is not gonna be a concern he is equall effective on good ground as he is testing ground. He looks interesting at 25/1 for me may have to have my first ante post bet of the season!
Well done Chris and HamnEggs, :clapexcellant pick. I went to Newbury and did not have a good enough look beforehand. Kicking myself now, with every one of them a hold up horse, very probable funerel pace. Setting it up for a sprint finish. The two with most speed being Sublimity and Go Native. :wall Can't see this form working out come Cheltenham.

Re: KEY RACE: Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Newcastle Sat 28th Nov: Winner Go Native Thanks. Just thought he would be best suited to conditions. Would have a had a proper bet on him in Carberry was riding but Davy did the job well enough and as an ex jockey for Richards probably knew the track well enough. As for working for WBX. Not guilty your honour! I keep backing 25/1 winners - I dont have to work!