Hexham ~ 06 Nov 2009

1.20 Hexham - Its Teescomponents An improving mare, who has been running very well in pointers 2,2,1,2. Then won first start over regulations with nice success at Cartmel. The track here is very similar and 8lbs higher mark shouldn't be a problem especially with 8lbs claimer on board. The Vaughan horse is now withdrawn and the Sue Smith runner has had his best runs over 3m+, so I think my selections is improving and well handicapped for today. e/w 9/2 Ladbrokes

Friday's Hexham meeting I couldn't find a thread to post about Hexham in so I have made this one. I hope that is ok. Howard Johnson has 4 runners up at Hexham this afternoon. Mage Destruval runs at 1.20 and it will be the first run for Howard. Expectations aren't high for this afternoon as the trip is probably on the short side from what they can read into his form. They wanted to get a run into him at this meeting though and this was the best option. The ground will be fine and if the win is a possibility then it will try for it, but it's more to blow away the cobwebs and learn something about the horse. River Shanakill runs at 2.20. Mr Wylie bought this after some promising PTP runs in Ireland and he won well at an unbackable price on his first run over here. Didn't show what he could do on the racecourse after that unfortunately and the boss didn't see any point in continuing over hurdles when he is a chaser end of. Won on heavy and yielding over the sea and will like the conditions. The lads think there's only 2 to worry about, Double Default and The Hollinwell. The break won't be a problem and he's a good jumper on the whole. Mr Johnson's a mardy beggar at the best of times so it will be a stable to avoid if Sitting Tenant doesn't win in the 2.50. Defeat is out of the question if the ambitions for this one are to be believed. The last one of theirs is River Music at 3.20. Only had a run in a NHF race back in the spring. He got beat over 10l by Ceasars Bay who also runs in this race today. Both having their first starts over hurdles. That run can be ignored as River Music had no luck on the day, had a bit of a stumble and lost confidence. He is by the same stallion as Tidal Bay so they're hopeful he can have a decent novice season, and think he should be able to take this. Price of 5/2 this afternoon is nothing to get excited about though.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.