Carlisle 1st Nov

Re: Carlisle 1st Nov Carlisle 15:15 Wild Cane Ridge 33/1 Stan James (bog) E-W Ground is currently good, good to firm in places but I don't know about where you live but its raining heavy here, I live nowhere near Carlisle but checking the forecast there is heavy rain all day, by the time this race starts the ground could of well got on the softer side which will play to this horses strength, at the age of ten he is the joint oldest horse in the race, thrives on heavy/soft ground, pulled up LTO which is a worry but at this price they normally have, has enjoyed this track when sent here, a win over hurdles and in a bumper. Has been dropping down the handicap for a while, he went close at Ayr two runs ago before slamming the last fence and denting chances, didn't recover. If getting round today and staying the trip (has a distance win over 3 miles) then he looks to be a huge player. Mr Strachan @ 18/1 Skybet E-W Again one who will appreciate the ground if it happens to become softer, Sue Smith's runner has shown at times that he can mix it in this company, has had a few runs around this track when first set out chasing, a runner up to Tidal Bay in a Novices' Chase beaten four lengths, he has not often faced alot of runners in a race which he does today, if we look at a race back in 2007 when this horse beat Kruguyrova who has gone onto be runner up in the Arkle shows very good form. I think this horse deserves more prizes than he has currently got and could be another lively outsider. Mr Strachan 2pts e/w Wild Cane Ridge 2pts e/w 0.5pts RFC

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.