F1: Abu Dhabi GP

Practice 1 Winner - Nico Rosberg @ 13 Sportsbet New circuit here so a bit of a lottery. Despite this, I think Rosberg offers some strong value. He often runs light in practice to top the timesheets, and given it's his last race with Williams he may look for a small piece of glory. Also, part of the track has been designed to feel like a street circuit, something that the Williams chassis has always excelled on (think back to Rosberg's speed in Singapore).

Re: F1: Abu Dhabi GP Winner - Nico Rosberg (E/W 1/5 1-2-3) @ 51 Paddy Power An unknown quantity in many respects as its a new circuit. Part of it is reported to be a lot like a street circuit, where Rosberg's Williams is generally well suited. With the Championship over I expect there to be a lot of racing this weekend with maybe a surprise or two due to these factors. If it happens, I expect Rosberg to be the most likely to surprise. Expect these odds to shorten by race day.

Re: F1: Abu Dhabi GP Kovalinaen Top 3 @ 7.00 Luxbet Kovalinaen fastest in Practice 2 and the McLaren looks strong here. KERS really gives them an advantage in the long middle sector and I think these are fantastic odds for the under-pressure Finn to score a podium in what may be his last race for McLaren.

Re: F1: Abu Dhabi GP I agree with you Couch Potato

SportMotorsport
EventAbu Dhabi Grand Prix
SelectionHeikki Kovaleinen to finish on podium
Strength10/10
Date01/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningMcLaren looks to have excellent car in this race and seemed the class of the field in practice. Kovaleinen won practice 2 and looked very good. Probably last race for McLaren and driving for a new job so expect a strong weekend from him.
SportMotorsport
SelectionKamui Kobayashi to finish in the points
Strength10/10
Date01/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 5.00 (Back)
ReasoningMaybe I just like this kid, but price seems big. He's another guy racing for a drive next season. In first race he showed he was quick and aggressive and a real racer. Advantage here in that other drivers don't know track either so even playing field. He was fast in practice 2 and I think can have a good weekend.

Re: F1: Abu Dhabi GP Kovalinaen Fastest Lap @ 24 Betfair McLaren and their KERS look absolutely superior here. Hamilton blitzed qualifying yesterday and I fully expect him to take fastest lap honours but if this weren't to eventuate I think Kovalinaen is a superb shot. Webber claimed the fastest lap in Japan (Vettel won) after coming from the back of the field so maybe this can be another case of one car leading the pack whilst another brings up the rear with a fastest lap.

Re: F1: Abu Dhabi GP

SportMotorsport
SelectionKimi Raikkonen to beat Kubica, Heidfeld, Rosberg and Buemi
Strength10/10
Date01/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningThis is group betting market and I like Kimis chances. He starts right behind these guys but has many advantages. He has Kers so can expect a good start, chance to overtake at start and at other times in race. He is much heavier on fuel than all these guys so has strategy advantage. Finally all season we have seem Kimi have better pace in the race than in qualifying. Nice price as I expect Kimi to move up the field.
SportMotorsport
SelectionNo Safety Car
Strength10/10
Date01/11/2009
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.91 (Back)
ReasoningWatching practice and qualifying don't think safety car very likely. Not many accidents so far and no clear place where safety car would be needed. Run off areas are OK and mainly tarmac. Would have a big stunt to need safety car and I like the price on that not happening.