An obvious system...

This has probably been done before, but I was discussing this with a friend who also has an interesting in finding ways to try and make money. It's so simple, Place £10 on an event at evens, if you lose that, double your stake to £20 at a new event at evens, if you lose that double the stake again to £40, when this does win you win your original stake. I just wondered if anyone has had any experience of this type of thing? Obviously a largish bank is required. Any information welcome thans

Re: An obvious system... oh where do i start with my experiences of this one. Its called the martingale system, renowned for bank rupting people cos of the huge bank required. Type it in google and read all the sob stories :-) personally will not touch this method again and there are far better value systems out there particularly on here that will make you some steady cash. Good luck fella and welcome to pl

Re: An obvious system... Yes it's so simple. No matter how certain you are, an even money shot can and will lose. So let's just say you hit a bad run: Bet 1 lose £10 Bet 2 lose £20 total lost £30 Bet 3 lose £40 total lost £70 Bet 4 lose £80 total lost £150 Bet 5 lose £160 total lost £310 Bet 6 lose £320 total lost £630 Bet 7 lose £640 total lost £1270 Bet 8 lose £1280 total lost £2550 Bet 9 lose £2560 total lost £5110 Bet 10 £5120 stake So on the tenth bet you're willing to lump on £5120????? What if that loses? All this to make just £10 when you hit a winner? You're crazy if you do it. Mate, get it into your head - there is NO easy way to make money with betting. If it was that easy there would be no bookmakers as they would all go bust!

Re: An obvious system...

there are far better value systems out there particularly on here that will make you some steady cash. Good luck fella and welcome to pl
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if these relate to football and where I can find them? I don't think i'll be going down this route afterall :-)

Re: An obvious system... its all about trial and error my friend, if you know your football youll know where the areas of football are good to bet. If you dont have a betfair account already, get one. Study the trends, look at sites like 365stats.com and football-data.co.uk, they are all there for you to have the ability to study data in seasons past. Look for the trends, find the value in bets. Look at the threads in this section, those ones in particular that have the most views and replies, the guys on here have some great ideas and may fuel some inspiration for an idea of your own. if you have any questions, feel free to ask :D

Re: An obvious system... As a practical example of using the fatal doubling-up (Martingale) system, just open up the free roulette table on Bet365 (you don't need an account)..... you are given a bank of 2,000 pounds...... try backing REDS (or BLACKS, it doesn't make any difference)... odds 2.0.... start with stakes of 10 pounds..... within 1 hour you will have a losing run of 8 or 10 and go bust..... guaranteed :sad

Re: An obvious system...

As a practical example of using the fatal doubling-up (Martingale) system' date=' just open up the free roulette table on Bet365 (you don't need an account)..... you are given a bank of 2,000 pounds...... try backing REDS (or BLACKS, it doesn't make any difference)... odds 2.0.... start with stakes of 10 pounds..... within 1 hour you will have a losing run of 8 or 10 and go bust..... guaranteed :sad[/quote'] Thats the best reply to a martingale post i have ever seen!!