** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Strategy v Min raise nemo types

ABhoyInBerlin

Alright lads. Been struggling a bit the last few nights, generally I'm a solid stt player who has made decent profits at $5.50 level but the last few nights I've struggled to outplay a few nemo's at my tables. The scenario has generally been a few players who never raise more than the min raise, never bet more than the minimum and seem to be involved in virtually 4/5 of the pots. Ive been in a few of such tournies recently and played pretty poorly but tonight was the worst. There was two guys of this description at the table and as you can imagine with the blinds going up slow on PokerStars it was really very slow action wise, generally these two players would contest most of the pots with neither either going too much up or down. It seemed they would always end up around the same stack wise. Now you'd think any decent player would be able to outplay and know how to deal with one-dimensional players like this but was hoping for some strategy advice as I just got frustrated and ended up making stupid calls or raises and going on tilt. The one thing that makes it difficult to play against these players is it is hard to predict what they have as they could be min raising with anything, so if you are in the big blind with ace x, and the flop comes ace high you could be up against anything, you don't get the same read as against other more 'normal' players who would raise more pre flop with AJ and upwards. I know its probably the basics like play fewer hands but be aggressive when I play them but felt like I kept running into hands. At one point after an all in between these two which ended up in the low stack once against returning to a comfortable stack level thats when I put a big raise in with a3 and one of the said players pushed and I ran into AJ. At this stage it had been 4 players left for a while. Anyway sorry if this isn't the most well structured post ever but still pretty pissed and basically looking for some basic strategy v this type of player who only ever min raises/flat calls/ bets out every time when first to act from the more experienced players on here. Thankyou.