Limerick - Sun 11th Oct

On the subject of Ireland, KEEP JOHN AND EDWARD IN :rollin 1108twinsh380260t.jpg 4.50 Limerick A cracking chase for a Sunday afternoon over in Ireland for the Munster National. Church Island - 16 lbs higher than when winning at Doncaster in February and second in Kerry National at Listowel when last seen. Others open to more improvement though. Parson's Pistol - won Grade 2 novices race at Naas in Jan, was 3rd off 119 in handicaps prior to that over further, shaping as if drop back in trip would suit, however, fell at the Cheltenham festival last time out and must bounce back off a much higher mark of 131. Drunken Disorderly - decent hurdler that has done well since chasing competing in several Graded races, winning a Grade 3 early on in his chase career. All wins over obstacles come over shorter though and lengthy break to overcome so passed over. Duers - a stone higher than when winning at Tramore on penultimate start and has won since to record a hat-trick. 3-3 for Barry Geraghty and shapes as if worth a try at this trip judging on Tramore win even if stamina not yet proven over 3m. 4-13 over fences. Rathmore Castle - Untried in handicap chases and bit to prove off back of last few runs. Dashing George - a stone higher than when last winning handicap chase last October and held off this mark in Kerry National latest. Badgerlaw - Won listed chase at Cork recently and respectble 5th in conmpetitive Punchestown chase, latest, off this mark. Yet to win in handicaps though. Powerstation - competed in a 120k Grade 1 hurdle in April after finishing 3rd to Big Bucks in the World Hurdle at the Chletenham festival and lightly raced in this sphere. Won a novice chase last season at Clonmel, yet to win over handicaps though and bit to prove after fading last time out. Green Mile - 19 lbs higher than sole chase handicap win at Killarney last term and modest strike rate over fences 1-10. Price has everything to do with connections rather than racecourse achievement and plenty to prove in this sphere for now with tonguestrap applied. Operation Houdini - 17 lbs higher than when winning at Galway last season and recent form a worry as 9th of 10 and failed to complete previous two. Aggies Lad - done well in few novices races but yet to prove well handicapped. Poor effort in Galway Plate on last chase run so passed over. Treacle - fell at Fairyhouse in April in race won by Dulgotdi Bob but bounced back when last seen when winning at Listowel off 10 lbs lower. Has another 2f to tackle here but is 2-5 over fences and shapes as if trip will suit. Leading player. Well Run - 8 lbs higher than last chase win and more to recommend than most of these, however, 3 miles may be a bit sharp for him now. Paddy Pub - has been prolific in the Irish Point to Point scene in which he has show he handles this trip and type of track. Could be anything on chase handicap debut off a mark of 120 but taking no chances at the odds. Treacle 10/1 Bet 365, 0.6 pt Duers 14/1 SJ, 0.35 pt Paddy Pub (saver) 20/1, 0.05 pt

Re: Limerick - Sun 11th Oct I'm looking forward to a lot more of these races again Fintron, I tested my methods again yesterday and got a winner off Beat the Boys for the Twister (didn't bet it though :wall ), so looking forward to this race. I thought the three bottom weights all have a chance (Treacle, Paddy Pub and Well Run) based on 3m+ form v. current handicap mark/conditions, etc.. You're right about Paddy Pub, well worth a wee e/w at those odds. Parsons Pistol I bet LTO at Cheltenham when he fell and still appeals, and a few others have a chance, but the one that is screaming at me is Powerstation who finished third in the 09 World Hurdle off a 21pt higher hurdle mark.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.