Keep money in accounts?

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding accounts. I have been following the wonderful sports my whole life, especially football. I have been betting on and off too but now I have decided to take it to another level:D. The last weeks I have registered myself at many bookmakers. My question is: Do you keep money in all your accounts or do you deposit when you see good odds? and I am trying to figure out how much to bet on every bet. Can you give some advice on how to use the money in the best way? I understand that many use the term units. But how much is one unit? I konw this is a rookie question but I would be very grateful for you help. Thank you in advance /Rossonerodentro

Re: Keep money in accounts? :welcome to PL....! Sound money management of your betting funds is crucial to be successful. You divide your betting bank into units, e.g. 100 units to begin with. If your bank is £100 then 1 unit = £1. If your bank is £3500 then 1 unit = £35. Then you set up some rules, e.g. "I always bet 2 units". You could also bet a number of units relative to the strength of the bet.

Re: Keep money in accounts? Hi again! I am currently registered at 20 different bookmakers. I have only made my deposit at 2 of them. My bookmakers are: Pinnacle sports Betsson Stan James William Hill Eurobet Betsafe Bet24 Ladbrokes Betfair Unibet Bet365 Bwin Expekt Nordicbet Betway 888Sports Sportingbet VCbet gamebrookers Paddy Power My question is: Do you think it is to much with 20 bookmakers or should I focus on just a few of them as it will be costly to make the first deposit in all of them at the same time? Thank you in advance and good luck with your bets!!!! /Rossonerodentro

Re: Keep money in accounts? I'd say put down (on a paper) the types of bets you will be playing. Then do some research as to which firms offer the best prices on them, and stick with them. I think 20 is way to many. Personally, 5 or 6 does the trick, but I am heavily active on 2 of them only, rest subsidary accounts!

Re: Keep money in accounts? :welcome to PL Open as many accounts as you can and always use the bookie offering the best odds on the selection you want to back In terms of stakes, I generally use a Kelly criteria with added modifications to limit risk although this is purely a personal choice that I feel comfortable with. Good luck with what ever staking system you choose

Re: Keep money in accounts? In theory, having as many accounts as possible is the best idea. However for myself, keeping track on my money would be harder and more hassle if for example, I have it all in ladbrokes, then I want to move it all to pinnacle for one bet, then to unibet for the best price on my next bet and so on. As I am betting frequently the lag between instant deposit and 3 days or so withdrawal makes this a hassle for me personally. I could keep money in various accounts always, but again, for me I dont think this is necessary. I do have numerous accounts but I predominantly use Bet365 and will go to others for a particular bet if the price/how much I will place is worth moving the money. In my opinion 20 accounts is far too many for me. It depends if you are going to be betting amounts of money where the very slight difference in odds offered is going to be worth shifting the money, or having money in a lot of your accounts at all times, waiting to be used. I would have thought 5 or 6 would be sufficient anyway.

Re: Keep money in accounts? Hmm, personally i think that having 20 accounts at the same time requires huge bank, and it's very hard to keep track of your money. I have 3 accounts which i use, Pinnacle with 70% of my total bank, i use that one the most because they basically have all i need with generally best odds. Also have betfair for trading and livebetting and bet365 for accumulators. Most logical thing is to pick few(2-3) books which suits you the most and place your money there. In case of some extraordinary bet i always have some reserve on moneybookers so i can react quickly. ;)