Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League Kev - What was your darts bet that you rated at 10pts? I'm a big darts fan myself and reached the heights of 152nd in the world myself a few years back!!! Was also James Wade's Hampshire U21 captain! Lost touch with him now, but thats my claim to fame!!! If your Cricket Punts are anyhting to go by, i'll be checking out your tips for the next darts tourney... grand prix isn't it? or Grand Slam? Will also be catching 'Pollards one man show' on Eurosports highlights at 9pm!!

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League

Kev - What was your darts bet that you rated at 10pts? I'm a big darts fan myself and reached the heights of 152nd in the world myself a few years back!!! Was also James Wade's Hampshire U21 captain! Lost touch with him now, but thats my claim to fame!!! If your Cricket Punts are anyhting to go by, i'll be checking out your tips for the next darts tourney... grand prix isn't it? or Grand Slam? Will also be catching 'Pollards one man show' on Eurosports highlights at 9pm!!
It was Taylor to beat Jones 3-0. Skinny price but always looked a winner. If you were Wade's u21 captain you'll have played against Buckinghamshire when I played for them :ok. Anyway, enough darts talk for a bit, we'll save that for the Grand Slam thread next month ;). 2 winners in the late game for me secured a very solid profit on the day and put me back into the black for the tournament. I'm not sure that result was a good one for Victoria as you'd think you'd want NSW in the final not the semis, particularly when that semi would be in Delhi :(. Awesome knock from Kieron Pollard tonight. It's been just a matter of time since that came out of him. Always been a ferocious hitter and he'll have earned himself a very lucrative IPL contract with that innings too. When the world twenty20 comes round in April, if Pollard can start doing that consistently then with him and Gayle in the same side the Windies could be very tough to beat :eek.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League What a knock, he's almost like a right handed version of Yuvraj Singh the way he combines power and timing. Keep up the good work with the selections Kev. I'm sure you will have earned yourself a nice profit by the time the tournament ends.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League 43 runs Pollard plundered off the last 9 Henriques balls :eek :eek. There was a dot ball in there too :loon :lol. Doing my bets for tomorrow now as it's an early start to get up to Altrincham for me. Am on my phone as my laptop has packed it in again :wall so no huge writeup's. May not have best prices as I've only called the main 4 I use for cricket bets - bet365, skybet, blue square and coral and what I've got off SJ and Boyles text pages on TV :$. 4pts Cape Cobras vs Victoria - Over 7.5 6's 5/6 Skybet I like this line. Both sides have shown in the competition to date that they can clear the ropes and both have done it on this ground which is more important. The boundaries here aren't the biggest as we've seen in the event so far and with this wicket having to do 80 overs in the day I expect it to play well in this 1st match. Plenty of hitting talent in this match. In their 2 matches so far the Cobras have 7 and 9 6's so anything like that will see this line easily covered as I fully expect Victoria to contribute to the total as well.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League 2 for me in the later game. It could be a next to non event if the Cobras have won the early game. 3pts Bangalore to beat Delhi 11/8 Bet365 I like Bangalore here. This pitch will likely take spin by the time this match begins and that's where Bangalore are strong. In the main the batting is good whereas Delhi can be hit and miss with the bat if the top 3 fail. The spin part of the Daredevils attack is the weaker part and if the ball sits up for the quicks Bangalore have the firepower to take advantage. Of course they could already be out by the time this match begins but home advantage can be crucial and as long as we don't feel the full force of Sehwag's bat, I think Bangalore can win this battle of the IPL franchises. 1pt ew D.Karthik Top Delhi Batsman 15/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Dinesh Karthik top scored for Delhi last time out which automatically makes this a ridiculous price but Delhi's top order can fall like a deck of cards on a bad day. Bangalore have the firepower to get him in reasonably early and he showed against Wayamba he can play himself in then go bonkers. Batting 5 isn't too bad so at a big price I'll take the Indian keeper to top score for the Daredevils.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League In the first game, im going to have a speculative punt on Andrew McDonald to top score @ 10/1(General). Victorian wickets could fall earlier, and this guy whose on the fringe of the Australian OD setup is capable of hitting a big ball and may rack quick runs up if he gets a chance in the middle.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League Charlie - Nice shout on Macdonald @ 10/1, shame I had Cameron White!! I didn't watch the NSW game the other day, but noticed the B.Lee, most economical bowler bet was paid up, yet looking at the stats, both sherwin Ganga and Bollinger were more economical? Whats the crack with that then? Not that i'm complaining!

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League One would assume that would be just for Victoria although some bookies may be offering 'top runscorer for the match' rather than just their team. http://www.cricinfo.com/t20champions2009/engine/current/match/416939.html Are the bookies loving this tournament or not!? Seems like a few big-hitters are just getting thumped silly by betting large amounts on the perceived favourites only for the underdog/unfavoured side to claw a win! :loon :unsure

In the first game' date=' im going to have a speculative punt on [b']Andrew McDonald to top score @ 10/1(General). Victorian wickets could fall earlier, and this guy whose on the fringe of the Australian OD setup is capable of hitting a big ball and may rack quick runs up if he gets a chance in the middle.
Top shout that Wongy at a very good price :clap:clap.
Charlie - Nice shout on Macdonald @ 10/1, shame I had Cameron White!! I didn't watch the NSW game the other day, but noticed the B.Lee, most economical bowler bet was paid up, yet looking at the stats, both sherwin Ganga and Bollinger were more economical? Whats the crack with that then? Not that i'm complaining!
As I said in the 1st line of the write up mate, there was only 6 bowlers included. Luckily Ganga and Bollinger weren't in the 6 so Lee won :ok. Just one for me in the 2nd game this afternoon. 6pts Trinidad & Tobago Most 6's 10/11 Coral This looks a gimme. The Eagles have only hit 5 6's in the entire tournament to date. Kieron Pollard smashed that many in the space of 18 balls the other night against arguably the best bowling attack in the competition. I was surprised by how few 6's NSW hit the other night but that's credit to T&T's bowling I guess. With the Eagles not being a particularly big hitting or free scoring side then I expect the Caribbean men who have notched 19 6's in the event to date to hit the most 6's this evening.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League T&T won 13-7 on the 6's. Best game of the tournament so far that. Back in Delhi against tomorrow :sad. I'm going with 3. Keeping stakes small though. I've made a nice profit over the last couple of days which I don't want to chuck away on a dead rubber but these 3 I like the look of. 3pts Cape Cobras to beat Delhi 6/5 Extrabet The Cobras have taken this tournament by storm and along with the T&T lot have been the best batting side in the competition. Delhi have some quality batsmen in their ranks but if the top order don't fire, they fall away pretty quickly as we've seen in the tournament so far. The Cobras bowling attack is their weak link but there's still international experience in there in Zondeki, Henderson and Philander. Cobras are already through and Delhi already out so they will be playing for pride. Herschelle Gibbs looks like playing in this one and he's due to fire. The Cobras have been the better side in the competition and I think they're a decent price to win this one and book a semi final with New South Wales. 3pts Over 5.5 6's 5/6 Skybet I know we're in Delhi but this line is pretty low for two sides whose strength lie in their batting. Delhi can be tight with the ball but as Ross Taylor showed on Saturday they can be expensive. These two have hit 24 6's between them in the event to date and although the Delhi wicket has been crap, there hasn't been a game here for 7 days so hopefully the curator has got into it and gives us a pitch which we saw for Delhi vs Wayamba. There's only one match in this match day so the pitch won't be deteriorating or anything so I'm prepared to have a go at this line which could be very low if we do get on a good wicket. 3pts J.Duminy's Performance Pts 36&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. So far in the 3 matches in this competition, Duminy's performances have totally 99pts, 72pts and 38pts so he's covered this total in all 3 matches. He's clearly a key part of the Cobras side as he bats at 4, bowls a bit and fields in key positions. Duminy is now a world class performer, particularly with the bat and he could easily cover this total with the willow but with 3 genuine scoring methods I'm happy to take him to cover 36pts in this match.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League 1st semi final this afternoon. NSW vs Victoria in Delhi. Nothing jumps out to me as a betting proposition. I'm on Victoria outright so effectively on them at 4/1 to win this game so I'll learn my lesson from Monday and stick with that.

Sport Cricket
Event Trinidad and Tobago v Cape Cobras
Selection Trinidad and Tobago
Strength 10/10
Date 23/10/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.78 (Back)
Reasoning I've watched this tournament without betting because I don't know much about these teams, but this price looks very nice for semi final. T&T have been exceptional in this tournament, solid bowling and incredible batting power. They are playing on the high scoring ground, where they hit over 200 last time, and I just think batting will be too strong if batting 1st or chasing. I like Ganga as captain too, he seems very assured and should lead this team to the final. Cobras are solid side with some good South African players but maybe without the X factor that T&T have.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League going to give the cobras another chance against T&T, alots mean made about T&T big hitting and how they could blow cobras away on a good batting pitch at Hyderbad, thing is Cobras's have some good batsman as well and Gibbs is due a knock. Cobras @ 6/5 to win (Bluesq)

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League No joy with Victoria. I knew the writing was on the wall when they lost the toss. Going to take something special to stop NSW now. 2nd semi today at Hyderabad and we've got the perfect 2 teams for the occasion. I'm going with 3 bets. 3pts Cape Cobras to beat Trinidad & Tobago 6/5 Boylesports This promises to be a fantastic match on the best batting strip in the competition. The best 2 batting sides in the tournament to date will do battle in what I fully expect to be a very high scoring 2nd semi final. We've seen in their last two matches here what T&T can do and we saw what the Corbas are capable of earlier in the competition when they stuck up 193 here. You wouldn't want to be a bowler in this match and you look sure to take some pasty. However for me, I think the Cobras are marginally the more reliable side. They have international class in Gibbs and Duminy along with some very clever twenty20 players in Davids and the skipper Cuttick. Charl Langeveldt looks like returning with the ball which will be a big boost and Monde Zondeki has hit his areas nicely in recent games. Trinidad can be explosive but there's still a sense of 30/4 about them too. They bat a long way down but I just can't see how their bowling attack can be relied upon to keep this tight. Cobras have slightly the more reliable attack and it's that which is leading me to take the South African side to make tomorrow's final. 6pts Over 10.5 6's 5/6 Skybet We've seen in the last 2 matches involving T&T on this ground that this line is very achievable. Forget the Caribbean calypso stuff, their opponents have hit 5 and 7 6's seemingly without trying. So if we factor in 6 for the Cobras here (they've hit 9 here in a previous innings) then T&T will need 5 6's. Their last two matches on this wicket have seen double figures. So I'm very confident we'll see 11 6's at least. Neither bowling attack is watertight and both strengths are in their batting so I fully expect this line to be covered. 3pts K.Pollard's Performance Pts 33&Over 4/5 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kieron Pollard has suddenly caught fire with the bat in this event now and you'd think T&T will shove him up the order to make sure he's the 1st man in after a wicket falls after 10 overs. Should that happen then he can cover this with the bat in a dozen balls or so but as I've said before there's a lot more strings to his bow. He'll be fielding in key areas and if the bowling goes round the park early doors which it could easily do he will more than likely be asked to bowl a few overs. 33pts is well within his reach so it's a small bet on the overs here for me.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League Until the final over there, everything was going smoothly. Cobras were putting up a very good score, there's been 7 6's and Pollard is 30pts to his 33pt target (although for me he's 40pts because that was a catch IMO). However that last over leaves the match result in the balance. Cobras must get stuck in early to win this else 175 will go with overs to spare if Barath and Perkins get away from them. As long as we see the 4 6's, and I'll be surprised if we don't, the rest should take care of itself to ensure a very solid profit from this match for me.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League The 6's bet covered the Pollard lose (I thought the catch was good too! Mind you he shouldve had a stumping as well the over before his wicket!!) and I followed my hunch and went with T & T to win anyways so with such a good game to boot, I'm a happy man! Thanks again Kev. Really enjoying your posts this tourney.

Sport Cricket
Event New South Wales v Trinidad and Tobago
Selection New South Wales
Strength 10/10
Date 10/23/2009
Bookmaker/Price totesport @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning T&T won for me yesterday but today surely the task is much harder. They are very good team but this Aussie team seems so good. With Hughes, Warner, Katich, Lee, Hauritz and Clark this is almost the Aussie XI! T&T have explosive batting but it will be very tough to play like that against this quality of Aussie bowling and I think that will be the difference in this match.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League So annoying to come out of yesterday's game with a loss especially when I thought Pollard's performance was covered in the field. I'm still certain he took that catch. C'est la vie I suppose :sad. Can't wait for this final. Should be absolutely quality. Would be a fitting way to end off a throughly entertaining tournament (in matches outside of Delhi! :lol) if it turns out to be as good as their 1st game. What will Moises Henriques be thinking at the end of his mark :loon. I'm slightly leaning towards NSW to win but I'm not backing either of them. Whenever I look at twenty20 match up's I look at 2 things - the captains and the bowling attacks. In this game the captains are very evenly matched and it's no surprise the two best skippers in the event will lead their teams out in this final. NSW have the better bowling attack though and that just makes me side with them but I'd be completely unsurprised if T&T get up and win. I'm just going to enjoy the spectacle but I will go with 2. 6pts Over 11.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power Basic stats say this is a good thing. The semi final here yesterday contained 15 6's, the previous match between these two here contained 16 6's and the game in between those matches, also containing T&T produced 20 6's. So even though this line looks high, previous matches in the tournament emphasise that's not the case. Things might be a little more tighter given that this is the final and a few nerves could be around but generally top players perform to their best on days like this and I'm expecting big things from the likes of Dave Warner and Dwayne Bravo. This isn't a big ground. The Caribbean men are hitting 6's over 3rd man and extra cover here which shows a) how well they are hitting it and b) how small the ground is. Plenty of hitters on display and I'm confident they'll give us at least a dozen 6's. 1pt N.Stewart Top Trinidad & Tobago Batsman 66/1 Blue Square Navin Stewart is a ridiculous price here. The price itself is over 3 times bigger than he is anywhere else. This is a guy who two games ago smashed 33 off just 11 balls and that would been more had Bravo not hogged the strike in the final over of that game. For all Kieron Pollard's hitting gets talked about, this guy can hit a cricket ball many a good mile too. He'll probably only bat at 8 in this match which isn't ideal but at 66/1 I'm prepared to overlook that. In the 1st match between these two, T&T were in trouble at 91/5 and with Lee, Clark and Bollinger bowling so well it's not totally beyond the possibilities they get into trouble again. That's when Stewart becomes huge value and at 66/1 on a guy who has proved he can clearly bat, I'll have to cover it with a small stake.