Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victoria bushranger want to seal super eight stage today Confident Victoria Bushrangers will look to assuring their place among the Super Eight teams when they take on Wayamba Eleven in the Champions League T20 cricket at the Ferozeshah Kotla stadium. While Bushrangers are on a high after beating local favourites Delhi Daredevils in their opening match, Wayamba were handed a crushing defeat by the same side last night. Led by all-rounder Cameron White, Victoria put up a thoroughly clinical performance in their opening match. Victoria has a solid batting line-up starting with Australia international Brad Hodge, who would look to strike form after coming a cropper against Daredevils.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League 1 for me in the opening match today. 3pts J.Mubarak's Performance Pts 28&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jehan Mubarak skippers this Wayamba outfit and that will mean he'll look to play responsibly with the bat. He was a bit unlucky in the 1st game with Delhi as he got an unplayable one from McGrath which can happen to anyone. However here, with his side desperately needing a win, I expect him to get in and look to play a long innings. As well as his batting, he's a captain who bowls himself when the need arises and with this Delhi wicket turning a lot so far his off breaks could well come into play. Also as captain he'll field in catching areas like mid off and cover so there's plenty of points scoring opportunities for Mubarak in this match so I'll take the overs on his performance.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League I'm going for over 6.5 sixes at 5/6 at WH in the match between Sussex and the Eagles. Bit of a risky call on this slow pitch but with the likes of Luke Wright and Dwayne Smith around I think it could be covered.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League

I'm going for over 6.5 sixes at 5/6 at WH in the match between Sussex and the Eagles. Bit of a risky call on this slow pitch but with the likes of Luke Wright and Dwayne Smith around I think it could be covered.
It's a bet I was looking at too mate. Can't decide whether to take it or not though :$. If Sussex win the toss and bat I'll probably get on.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League Decided not to take the 6's bet even though Sussex are batting 1st as I've too many doubts and reading back on my write up in the Eagles 1st match they don't hit many 6's. Will keep my fingers crossed it comes in for you though Westy, you're on a decent run in this event yourself :clap. I was looking at Dillon du Preez's performance but I'm on a bad run with them at the minute so the only bet I'll take is: 4pts Sussex Highest 1st 6 Overs 4/5 Boylesports Sussex are batting 1st and it looks like Luke Wright and Chris Nash will open the batting with Rory Hamilton-Brown and Dwayne Smith in at 3 and 4. That's a powerful top 4 who will be lining up against an Eagles opening attack who went for a few early doors on Friday. Yasir Arafat and James Kirtley remain for Sussex and I expect them to keep things tight when Sussex bowl, as will Luke Wright. I didn't see anything from the Eagles openers to worry us here and although van Wyk can belt it, he's down to come in at 4. Batting 1st is often the key here with scoreboard pressure being key, particularly in a knockout match so I'll take the Sharks to lead through 6 overs.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League One for me tomorrow. Although I'm on T&T for the group. They can afford to lose and win the group as long as it's a small loss. Will sort out a P/L after tomorrow's game too. 4pts Deccan Chargers vs Trinidad & Tobago - 10 or more 6's 6/5 Sportingbet I can only really repeat what I said on Saturday about this ground being a good ground for 6's and I expect us to see a fair few here. Trinidad & Tobago are full of decent hitters from the opener right the way down to Sherwin Ganga at number 9. Deccan are also absolutely full of hitters too. The wicket always suits the batsmen here and even though it's a night game, the wicket will have been unused so I'm fine with that. Dew factor doesn't play quite such a part here either and neither bowling attack are what you would call watertight. I see a high scoring game here where I wouldn't be surprised to see the 1st 200 of the tournament but whatever the scores, I expect at least 10 6's.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League I'm going for two small punts; Rohit Sharma to be top scorer for Deccan and Darren Bravo to be top scorer for T&T. Both at 9/2 at WH. Sharma has excelled in this form of the game and looked in good touch in the first game before getting caught in the deep. As for Bravo, I like the look of him. Batting at 3 provides a good chance for him to display his talent.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League Good luck with those Westy. I've always thought about going into a bookies and writing out a slip with D.Bravo top bat on it and have 2 picks for the price of 1 :lol. Agree with you though, on what I've seen of Darren Bravo in his career so far I like the look of him too. He's been talked about out there as the new Lara. No pressure then :lol. I won't back it as I'm already on at 10/3 and they can still lose and that come in but the price T&T have drifted to here is bordering on very big indeed :eek.

Could have done with Pollard to bat a bit longer for you Kev for the sixes bet. But 6 sixes in the Deccan innings isn't out of the question especially if Gilchrist stays in.
I don't understand why someone with that hitting talent comes in at 7. Like you say though I've got an outside chance. Very surprised that none of the others could hit a 6 though :\

Bangalore are favs to win the game but Victoria are shorter in the win market 9/2 while Bangalore are 7s :eyes.
That's because each side only plays 2 games in this stage and Victoria take 2pts through with them. I still think they'll win though. I'm going with 3 bets. 3pts Victoria to beat Bangalore 11/10 Sportingbet Victoria are as good as through with a win here and I see no reason why they can't pick up a win against the massively under pressure Indian franchise. As I've said all competition, Victoria have a great all round batting side and they'll be glad to get away from Delhi and the awful wicket that ground has offered. Bangalore are a good side but they rely a lot on Kumble and van der Merwe with the ball. Bangalore have offered 180 twice but I fancy the Bushrangers to keep them below that toal and win the game. 3pts 10 or more 6's 11/10 Sportingbet Two pretty big hitting sides on show on a wicket which has been conducive to big hitting. Victoria offered up a few 6's to the Sri Lankan side on a dead wicket in Delhi which Bangalore have been no tighter regarding 6's. Two sides packed with international talent on a fairly small ground so I expect to see 10 6's here. 3pts Under 7.5 wides Evs William Hill In 4 matches in this event so far, these two have produced just 6 wides. That immediately makes this line look too high. Only Siddle is remotely quick of the bowlers on show and he's steady enough and doesn't bowl too many sides. Accuracy is a key part of each bowling attack so I'm on the unders in this line.

Great pick to have T&T top the group Kev. They look a pretty good team. I'm backing Bangalore to hit the most sixes again today at 5/6.
Ta mate. Looked an open group and even in this season's IPL I was never convinced by Deccan. Anyone who has read my posts over the last 3-4 years knows I don't rate the Somerset bowling attack one bit so it kind of picked itself. Nice to be rewarded at a big price though. Good luck with the Bangalore 6's. Batting 1st should be half the job done.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League Getting a wedge on the Eagles @ Evens tomorrow to beat Somerset, now Tresco gone the batting looks flimsy, wasn't overly impressed with them in their win over Deccan, thought they were fortunate, The eagles are a well drilled side, and will be on a high after eliminating Sussex in a super-over.

Think I will stick to betting on your tips from now on! :)
Don't mate, with the outright picks included, I'm slightly down for this tournament. Although only 0.60pts. You're on a good run. Kumble killed us both tonight. He threw down half the wides in 1 ball :wall then bowled the over Hussey hit 3 6's in :eyes.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League Ok. The rest of the outrights should take care of themselves now and I expect a decent profit with Victoria going so well. Time to get back on track with the match betting now. One for the early game tomorrow. There will be another but the price is drifting so I'll wait until the morning ;). 3pts Somerset vs Diamond Eagles - Under 8.5 6's 5/6 Skybet As I've said all along in this tournament so far, the Eagles aren't particularly big hitters. Somerset haven't been either and to be fair when you take them away from Taunton their 6 hitting drops remarkably. Losing Trescothick to his illness won't help their 6 hitting either. To date, in 4 matches, these two sides have 8 6's between them in this tournament although admittedly the Eagles have played both their matches in Delhi. Even so, I don't think either will be worried about big hitting to begin with. It will be all about posting a score or getting a solid start in a match which to be fair the loser is going to be out of the tournament. Nerves could come into play and whilst this ground isn't bad for hitting 6's, the context of the match could well see 6 hitting minimised. 2 sides who don't hit big so this line looks a bit high although I'm keeping stakes down because both sides have an individual in Morne van Wyk and Peter Trego who can go bonkers if they stay at the crease for any period of time.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League And 3 bets in the 2nd game. All NSW related. 3pts NSW Highest 1st 6 Overs 10/11 Boylesports New South Wales should be very confident of winning the 6 over bet with Dave Warner and Phil Hughes both being quick scorers at the outset of their innings and Brett Lee being as tight as a ducks arse with the ball. To be fair to the Trinidad side, Lendl Simmons and William Perkins are no slouches but hitting Brett Lee consistently is tough. Even Doug Bollinger isn't that easy to get away. However I worry a bit for T&T when they start to bowl because both Rampaul and Bravo have been expensive in different spells so far and Warner especially can take advantage of that. So everything points towards NSW leading through 6 overs at a bigger price than I expected. 4pts NSW Most 6's 11/10 Blue Square So far in this tournament New South Wales are 9-1 for 6's in their favour. Their batting lineup can all clear the ropes when the need arises while their bowling has been watertight, admittedly on those Delhi wickets but it's tight none the less. Trinidad can hit 6's themselves but it's not going to be easy to hit this attack around the park on a consistent basis. Even on those tired Delhi wickets the Blues still hit 9 6's so on this track they could go bonkers so it's them to hit the most 6's for me here. 2pts B.Lee Most economical bowler 7/2 Stan James This market is between Lee, Clark and Hauritz for NSW and Bravo, Rampaul and Mohammed for T&T and each must bowl 2 overs or they are a non runner. Brett Lee is going along at an economy rate of just 2.75 so far in this event which is stupidly good. Admittedly Nathan Hauritz isn't too far behind him but this track isn't spinning as much as the other two so I've a feeling he could be the one to go. I don't think the West Indies trio are in play here because I expect NSW to win this game and score much more fluently and quickly in the process. So for me it's down to the Aussie trio and with Brett Lee in such wonderful form on a pitch which I think will suit him with his pace and bounce, I'll take him to be the most economical of this 6.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League No other bet in this Somerset game. I would've been more than happy to be on Somerset at odds against but their price actually came in overnight. Strange decision to bat 1st in this match when their preference is for chasing. They even chased in the domestic final when batting 1st was always going to be the right choice. Strange!

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League So confident in your tips was I... that I went with evens at hills for less than 7.5 rather than skybets 5/6 on less than 8.5... Also reading what you had written to back it up with, I had a little bet on Van Wyk and Trego to topscore... Van Wyk duely obliged !! Keep 'em coming Kev! :nana

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Champions League I dodged a bullet with the Somerset bet. Good call Mr Wong :ok.

So confident in your tips was I... that I went with evens at hills for less than 7.5 rather than skybets 5/6 on less than 8.5... Also reading what you had written to back it up with' date=' I had a little bet on Van Wyk and Trego to topscore... Van Wyk duely obliged !! Keep 'em coming Kev! :nana[/quote'] Nice work Perry. Will aim to keep them coming mate :ok. Am glad van Wyk top scored as that's put him back in the running to top score for them outright. I work on a 10pt scale, some work to a 5pt scale others a bigger scale mate. So 10pts would me a maximum bet I'd ever have and I've only had 1 of them this year I think and that was in the darts last week, which was a winner fortunately enough :lol. The majority of my bets are 3 or 4pts but I have been known to go higher on cricket when I've been more confident (the 6's between Delhi and Wayamba being an example). NSW off to a flyer here. 35/0 off 4 with Rampaul and Bravo going round the park. Good start for the late match bets :hope.