The Jumps Season is nearly upon us

The freaky warm weather has confused me, i haven't yet put the heating on & its 2nd October! Perhaps this is why i have yet to think about the jumps, i have seen this month some decent horses win at nice prices i.e Seven is my number to name but one. This month will see the start of the proper NH season with some decent meetings & leading into November with the PP meeting at Cheltenham. I will be selecting a "stable" of horses to follow again this season & will put these up in the next 2 weeks. As always, all roads lead to Cheltenham in March & i am happy for the next 6 months to whizz by so we get to that meeting as quick as possible, before then we have the Hennessey, King George & some great hurdle/chase races to take in. I can't wait. What are your thoughts?

Re: The Jumps Season is nearly upon us funny enough Bowles10, I just picked up my annual copy of "one jump ahead". I've got this book for years now, all the info is online somewhere, but the stable tours (nicholls, hobbs, henderson,jefferson, jhjohnson, lavelle, king,richards and willie mullin) are particularly helpful. needless to say i'm cramming in as much info as I can and starting to plot out the respective divisions, etc..

Re: The Jumps Season is nearly upon us

The freaky warm weather has confused me, i haven't yet put the heating on & its 2nd October!
The North /South divide is alive and kicking when it comes to switching on the central heating , ours has been on for about 2 weeks !!!!!! As i type it's wet and very windy ; and a cold wind at that :$

Re: The Jumps Season is nearly upon us I've had to have my heating on as well. Actually looking forward to the jumps as well, tend to avoid most the jump meetings when the flat season is in full swing and then to avoid the AW meetings when the jumps is in full swing, will be looking for a mixed variety this year though and try to see as much racing as I can.

Re: The Jumps Season is nearly upon us I can tell you're getting excited now by the impending jumps season. Your stable of horses is always worth following so I wish you every success with these:ok

As always' date=' all roads lead to Cheltenham in March & i am happy for the next 6 months to whizz by so we get to that meeting as quick as possible[/quote'] As you know, I'm not a huge fan of the jumps and the main reason is probably this statement above. I love Cheltenham but think that the rest of the season is just one big rehearsal. If horses get beat in their prep, it's usually followed by 'that will bring the horse on for Cheltenham' or similar. So frustrating for the betting public. I'll be taking my bucket & spade and playing on the sand over the winter;).

Re: The Jumps Season is nearly upon us

First ever jumps season so will have to watch and learn off others for a while.
You will not look back believe me. There is no better sight than McCoy getting one home after 3m on heavy ground, the jumps fraternity really earn thier money despite being worse off with prize money as the big money still lies with the big classics. :ok
I can tell you're getting excited now by the impending jumps season. Your stable of horses is always worth following so I wish you every success with these:ok As you know, I'm not a huge fan of the jumps and the main reason is probably this statement above. I love Cheltenham but think that the rest of the season is just one big rehearsal. If horses get beat in their prep, it's usually followed by 'that will bring the horse on for Cheltenham' or similar. So frustrating for the betting public. I'll be taking my bucket & spade and playing on the sand over the winter;).
nice one russ :ok, You are right, the big meeting comes in March, however there are some big prizes along the way & some horses don't get to Cheltenham as they only act on flat tracks. This will be one of my filters this year looking at flat track performers, undulating tracks & dual performers. 10 to follow is also normally a great jumps comp as unlike the flat, we know the majority of the form.