Lingfield 15th Sept

chris34

2.50 Lingfield Love in the park is better than he showed when taking a big step up in class last time out, had previously won twice round here comfortably off a mark of 65 only 3lb higher today and Cosgrave back on and back down in class could have a serious chance. Qelaan won super easy last time out at folkestone when making all if getting a similar chance again today this should be extremely easy under just a 6lb penalty for a 12length victory!! 1pt win qelaan 0.5pt e/w love in the park 4.50 Lingfield I only like the look of Cape melody but main concern is the in experienced jockey, but the horse won nicely in a maiden handicap off a mark of 70 then struggled over 7f stepped back down to 6f next time and ran well up in class, then found 5f too much back up to 6f today and and dropped a 1lb could go well. 0.5pt e/w cape melody

Re: Lingfield 15th Sept 14.20 Lingfield Theotricus to win Going to have a bash at this claimer race. My Selection, as stated above is Theotricus. However I do feel this will be a close contest between him and Kaleo who will probably go off 2nd favourite. He won over today's distance on his 2nd last outing on Good To Firm ground in a Class 5 claimer off a mark of 74, went on to run off 75 LTO where he finished 3/6 in a Class 4 handicap over the same course and distance. Drops back down in Class into this claimer which is my main reason for him being the main danger, the fact he won in a higher class in a claimer just 2 outings ago off the same mark he runs off today makes him a huge danger. He will look to take the lead and may prove hard to peg back if Theotricus leaves it too late to make his move, with Jamie Spencer on board this is my main concern for the horse. The trainer of Kaleo - S Dow -is in fantastic form and he could easily get another winner in him today. Daryl Holland also has a good record on the horse with 1 win and 2 places. HOWEVER Theotricus will most likely be favourite and I feel a mark of 77 will be fine for him since he has won off 77 and 80 earlier in the year over today's trip and on Good To Firm ground. He was beat off 74 LTO by "Potentiale" (albeit over 9 furlongs and had the race been run over 10 furlongs I firmly believe Theotricus would have won as he was finishing well and was just held) who in turn went on to win NTO in the race where Kaleo finished 3rd. That day Theotricus was 3lbs higher than "Potentiale" whereas in the race where "Potentiale" beat Kaleo, he was 2lbs higher than Kaleo. Although Theotricus has been raised 3lbs for that and Kaleo has been dropped by 1lb I still fancy Theotricus to get his head in front. My main concern was the fact Spencer may leave it too late for the horse to go on and win the race but that can be boosted by the fact he has won on the horse before when holding him up so he should know how to get the horse up to win the race. Will decide tomorrow how much to stick on the horse and the price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.