Grex's HOMES; 558 selections; +5.1% yield

Grex

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 210 bets; yield +16%

The 1st post said odds of 1.20 to 1.60, then a few post later it change to 1.45 to 1.80. So there might be some other changes further down the thread, but I don't want to read 37 pages.
Post 685 on 14/04/2011 confirms the odds as 1.45 - 1.80 @ Bet365.

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 210 bets; yield +16% Sorry, I should have intervened in this discussion earlier. Davidc is absolutely correct.... my first post quoted an incorrect odds range, but I quickly changed it to 1.45 - 1.80 (Bet365), and I have stuck with that ever since. The only other thing that has changed is the staking plan.... it started off as a complicated, conservative "loss-recovery" system, but I dropped that in favour of a level-stakes system. As I have said many times before, there is absolutely no logic to the system.... but it seems to work reasonably well. Thanks to all for your interest... and let's hope for a successful 2011/12 season :hope

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 210 bets; yield +16% hi Grex, I have questions. 1. What made you change the stake plan? Is level-stake better that recovery system? 2. Bundesliga and Primera Division are not good at this system? Have you simulated?

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 210 bets; yield +16% Hi, Sanyok... and :welcome to PuntersLounge. Regarding the staking plan, I started runnung the "loss-recovery" system and a flat-stakes system in parallel in January 2010 (post #84). The flat-stakes system consistently performed better, so I dropped the "loss-recovery" system at the beginning of the 2010/11 season (post #285). As for the leagues, I back-tested most major European leagues (Spanish Primera, Bundesliga, French 1, Italy Serie A, English Premier, Championship, League 1) and the EP and Serie A came out best. As I said in the first post, there is no logical reason apart possibly from the fact that these leagues each have an "elite" of 3 to 4 teams who have amazing home performance records.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 210 bets; yield +16% Looks like a blank weekend for the system :\. QPR are just over the limit at 1.83, and Arsenal are just under at 1.44. There are two in Serie A..... Napoli at 1.50 and Genoa at 1.57, but unfortunately the league has only played 5 rounds of matches, and the system doesn't kick-in until after 6 rounds.

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 210 bets; yield +16% So, next weekend the Italian Serie A qualifies for the first time this season..... and, based on early published odds, it looks as though there could be 5 selections. Excited??.... me neither:zzz BTW, both Napoli and Genoa failed to win..... wise move not to start until after 6 rounds of games ;)

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 210 bets; yield +16% Hope the Italians manage to put their scoring boots this week ! Did you see the 0-0's last weekend , 5 from 7 games !!! I know they have a reputation for defensive play but 5 0-0's :loon

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 224 bets; +16% yield Thanks Bedlam.... yes it has performed with amazing stability.... certainly more than my expectations. But one word of warning..... this season's 15 selections have only produced a yield of 13%, so it could be on a decline..... the eternal pessimist ;)

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 224 bets; +16% yield One question I have Grex: how do you calculate your yield?? Cause if I calculate it it would be like it follows: (Total Profit Made(451.90)/Total Nr. of Selections(224)*Stake per Bet(10))*100 = (451.90/2240)*100 = 20,174% :) Am I doing something wrong? :eek

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 224 bets; +16% yield

One slight error, UMD.... the profit is the current bank minus the starting bank... 451.90 - 100.00 = 351.90..... 351.90/2240 = 15.7% (Excel rounds this up to 16%) :ok
I see now. I thought that you've already removed the initial stake from the profit. My mistake. ;)

One question I have Grex: how do you calculate your yield?? Cause if I calculate it it would be like it follows: (Total Profit Made(451.90)/Total Nr. of Selections(224)*Stake per Bet(10))*100 = (451.90/2240)*100 = 20,174% :) Am I doing something wrong? :eek
You need to change the brackets if ur doing it that way Yield = Profit / Total Stake 224*10 = total stake = 2240 profit = 351.90 = 451.90 - start bank BUT - the initial stakes varied, and i dont have figure for total staked (im not going to add it all up) - see first post, the stake was to reach a target of £10, later the stake was £10 straight up.

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites; 224 bets; +16% yield Nice one Grex. I got on the two Italian teams both with singles and as a double :nana Wasnt too sure about Chelsea so gave them a miss. I remember you saying a while ago that Italy was your best performing league, am I remembering that right? and is it still the case?

.... I remember you saying a while ago that Italy was your best performing league' date=' am I remembering that right? and is it still the case?[/quote'] I think you are referring to my "Overs" thread (post #429 on page 22) where Serie A was out-performing the Premier League and the Championship :ok