Leicester 14th September

4:00 Leicester: Jordaura 3pts win 100/30 Bet365 (bog) Has only had a couple of runs on turf and went as close as possible without winning last time out at Bath behind Irish raider Johnstown Lad. Races off the same mark here again and while this is competitive, particularly with Hightime Heroine in opposition, (although that one's maiden form is hard to weigh up), I'll side with Jordaura.

Re: Leicester 14th September 3.00 Leicester I think Mighty Clarets and Foletta are both sure to run well here with the former inparticularly so now stepped up in trip. However, Storm Hawk is another than will appreciate 7f here and has done enough in the past to suggest he could find a nursery off 70 for Pat Eddery. He was a fair third at this course over shorter when behind Jairzinho in a maiden in June. When stepped up in trip thereafter he was beaten by just a short head by Jehu off 66 on his handicap debut at Catterick. Although put up 4 lbs for that effort when last seen when flopping at Beverley, he could never get into the race and with Andrea Atzeni claiming 3 lbs he gets my money today. 10/1 Bet 365, 2.5 pts EW (3 places, 1/4 odds). 4.00 Leicester Nightime Heroine should go well here providing the jockey doesn't try and be cocky, and it looks a really interesting race with Hand Painted only put up a few pounds from his last win and Jorduara running really well on the all-weather the other night. However, I like Golden Rosie at a price. Barry Hills' Exceed And Excel filly is plummetting down the handicap and is now a stone lower than when making her handicap debut at this track last July. She has hinted at a revival in her last two starts and this step back in trip could prompt immediate improvement. 14/1 Paddypower, 2.5 pts EW (3 places, 1/5 odds). 4.30 Leicester This is the second division of the nursery handicap and I'm wanting to take on the Mick Channon-trained favourite, White Dart, with Nina Rose. Clive Cox's filly has shown plenty of promise in maidens, registering a third behind Dick Turpin at Windsor in June and was hampered when tackling this trip for the first time at Salisbury, latest. She looks on a winnable mark and from a good draw, could go well. 6/1 Bet 365, 7.5 pts EW (3 places, 1/4 odds). 5.30 Leicester This race presents a real problem for me. I am not a Jamie Spencer fan at all but he is sat on what I feel is the best handicapped horse in the race - Silent Oasis. Brian Meehan's filly flopped on her handicap debut at Haydock in July, but I am tempted to cross a line through that form given only four runners went to post and freak results often occur in small fields. Given her fourth to the useful Strawberrydaiquiri in a Windsor maiden on her debut, I think she has a real chance off 74 today, especially considering her good draw. I would like to have a bit more on this today but hold reservations because of the jockey so 5 pts EW (3 places, 1/4 odds).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.