Bath 13th September

StuSimmy

15.35 Bath This is a fairly competitive race in my opinion. Many of these horses have opposed each other before so it should be an interesting race. My selection lies with Filligree who is favourite on the exchanges and rightly so in my opinion. She has 4 wins to her name, all over today's distance and one of those was over course and distance off a mark of 80 (3lb claimer on board though). Runs off 85 today with a 3lb claimer on board. Was 9/10 last time over course and distance off a mark of 83 (with the 3lb claimer again) where Artistic Licence won, Kyllachy Storm was 2nd and Desperate Dan was 8th. Although excuses can be made that day as the saddle slipped over 3 furlongs out and the rider lost irons when nearly unseated. Filligree ran well LTO when 4/12 in a Class 2 handicap just 2 and 3/4 lengths behind Johannes who has had a great season with 4 wins. Artistic Licence is up 14lbs since that win due to a win LTO and I feel the hike in weights may just be too much. Kyllachy Storm is the main danger in my opinion, ran well over course and distance recently off a mark just 1lb lower albeit in a race where the opposition can be deemed easier than today's. Desperate Dan also has some claims, is also a course and distance winner but prefers 5 furlongs. Was also beaten by Filligree back in June when 8 pounds better off, only 6 pounds better off today. The Tatling can never be ruled out in his old age but I feel he prefers 5 furlongs. I do feel this race can be won by any of the above in all honesty, the market shows how tight this group of horses are. Although I must say Desperate Dan is a great price on the exchanges right now @ 12 so that would be my each way/saver bet if I was going to have one but I'm not. I may live to regret mentioning that :lol The fact it is only 2 places as well puts me off, if it was 3 places I may have considered it. ---------------------------------------- 1 pt win on Filligree @ SP

Re: Bath 13th September Is this one of the feature days at Bath or something? The standard seems much better than that which they usually serve up. 2.25 Bath When I went to Doncaster earlier in the season with Mowgli I was on My Mandy after a fair fourth on her debut. Despite playing up in the preliminaries she ran a cracker to take third, and she ran even better when raced alone on the far rail at Haydock next time out, when finishing a length behind subsequent nursery winner Eternal Instinct. I have waited patiently all season for her to make her handicap debut (she has only raced in maidens and novices races since) and in my opinion she is capable of finding races off 67. Paul Hanagan is booked, and at the prices I think she is worth a punt 33/1 Bet 365, 2.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds). 3.35 Bath There has to be serious questions about where the pace is going to come from here as Artistic License, Bobby Soxer and The Tatling are all best produced off a fast pace. Filligree takes a noticeable drop in grade and is likely to be up there, but at the prices I feel Doc Jones is the bet. The gelding was fifth over course and distance in a big field last time out, which was a solid enough run, and his past runs suggest he could set the tempo today. He is yet to win outside of maiden company but based upon his third to the progressive Regeneration at Wolverhampton in September, I give him a chance off this mark here. 20/1 Bet 365, 5 pt EW (2 places, 1/4 odds). 5.50 Bath Feasible has looked a winner in waiting and was desperately unlucky not to break his maiden when mugged on the line by Hits Only Cash at Kempton in August. After 21 starts, he remains winless, but he drops back down to the basement grade and if he is ever going to win a race, it would be at this level. Cut 2 lbs in the weights, he has a chance. 10/1 SJ, 2.5 pts EW (3 places, 1/4 odds).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.