Doncaster Fri 11th Sept

bowles10

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept 2.05 The ebor 4th & 6th oppose again with Nanton & Manyriverstocross, the winner that day Sesanta ran today but couldnt get in a blow in a higher class. I do like the look of manyriverstocross again, it ran very well in the Ebor but that race was very competitive & i expect it can hit the frame again. Can it win off 97, i am not so sure but Spencer should know what to do after having the ride 4 times (2,2,3,6). Just Lille is a strange horse riding either over 1m or as last time over 15f! It won that day & perhaps appreciated being upped in trip. Its only 3lb higher than best win so may have a chance also. Hawk mountain is a stayer & will have no probs with the trip at all. Hasnt won in this class but does have a C/D win here. Cant imagine it would beat these though. Desert Sea won a good race at Sandown at the Eclipse meeting & has a course win here. The ebor may have been a bit quick for the horse & it finished 2nd last. Depends on the pace tomorrow. My 3 for Exactas here are Manyriverstocross, Just lille & Desert Sea. I note the prices are 6/1, 14/1 & 12/1 so a win on each also

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept I love Misheer (Brittain/Callan) in the first. Only beaten at Royal Ascot with one of those American speedballs, proving a talented and gutsy perfomer either side of that unlucky defeat. Callan gives up the ride on the talented Our Jonathan to ride Misheer, his judgement proved sound most recently when accepting Borderlescott over Benbaun.

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept 1.35 Doncaster Archers Road looks massively over priced in my opinion, Archers road has had a tough season having finished third behind monsieur chevalier twice and hadnt finsihed outside of the frame other than last time and 1 more, Not sure if he has had his season or not but Moore back on board could go well 0.25pt e/w archers road 25/1 paddypower 3.50 Doncaster Lowther has had a crackng season and last time out was a good second in a valuable handicap in first time eye shields which are on again today is raised a further 2lb for that but has Fallon on board for a strong ride. Also back down to 7f may seem a little reignition! 0.5pt e/w lowther 7/1 paddpower

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept 3.50 Doncaster I was on Spanish Bounty at Goodwood for his last run and he was thoroughly disappointing and finished at the back of the field. He raced way off the pace that day but in the past he has been at his best racing from the front and it wouldn't surprise me if he was ridden under more forceful tactics tomorrow. He failed to settle last time out but if he can break away a bit better here, on this straight track, dropped back in trip, I think he can show a bit more. 28/1 SJ, 0.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept Agreeing with Chris here. 15:50 Doncaster. I really like Lowther now the eye-shield has been applied and it seems to have calmed down in the stalls. Many of it's poor performances have been attributed to this by the trainer, and the eyeshield seems to have done the trick. It's fairly low down in the weights, going up 2lbs from it's last performance but there it really impressed me and went very close. It's unproven at 6.5f, but I thought that 7.5f was too far so perhaps this will bring some improvement, it not being as sharp as 6f. Fallon on board which is an eyecatching Jockey booking for this sort of yard. Has a real chance tomorrow, having just let me down last time I think it can help recompense me, I'll be gutted if this doesn't go very close. 2pts EW @ 8/1 StanJames BOG

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept Will be in the bookie tomorrow with my Dad so thought I would dig my head into some races before then since I have some time. Just looked at the 14:05 Doncaster and find its a tough nut to crack, I have got the field down to 4 that I feel have the best chance and all 4 are very nice prices. I'm just going to run through them: Fiulin - Has good form on course, broke his maiden here with a win over 12 furlongs, was 2nd on his previous effort here, also in a maiden. He has never run over today's trip but has won over 14 furlongs before on two occasions. One of those was in a Class 2 handicap and the other in a Class 1 Listed race back in April. On that occasion he beat last years winner of the race The Betchworth Kid by a fairly impressive 6 lengths. Since then The Betchworth Kid has went on to win a Class 2 handicap off a mark 1lb higher than he was in the Listed race where Fiulin beat him. Fiulin has not won since but runs off a mark 4lbs lower than said win today and he has been running in Group races on his last 3 outings. He has placed in another Listed race and in a Group 3 race in the past so this race is no way out of his depth. Desert Sea - 1 win from 1 run on this course. Never ran over today's distance but has won over 14 and 16 furlongs. Has also won a Class 1 Listed race this season back in July over 16 furlongs. Runs off the same mark as that win today. Just Lille - Has won over the distance which was on her last outing at Warwick in a Class 3 handicap. Only up 3lbs from that win so that should not affect her too much. Also note this was her only shot at the distance to date. Hawk Mountain - Won 2/2 over today's distance and both those runs were on this course so 2/2 over course and distance for the horse. Both of those were in Class 4 handicaps and is up 7lbs from his latest win. Today's opposition may prove too tough since some have ran in Class 1 races so their experience against tougher opposition could count today although on the other hand, his course and distance experience could count. Did run a creditable 2nd off a mark just 1lb lower than he runs off today at York over 16 furlongs. Was also 4th LTO off the same mark as he runs off today at York, again over 16 furlongs. The going will be fine for all 4 mentioned above. Fiulin seems to be the most informative write up and seems to have more positives over the rest of them for me. I was fairly shocked at how high a price the horse is so this is looking like my main selection at the minute but probably won't confirm anything until the morning. May even have two bets in the race.

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept I'm taking on Geordieland in the Doncaster Cup with ASKAR TAU. Ryan Moore worked Askar Tau perfectly LTO and keeps the ride. I'm not so keen on Geordieland over the longer trips and think that with Tregoning's yard flying again, the more progressive Askar Tau is worth siding with again.

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept FIULIN 2.05 Doncaster. 0.5 points each way. Can appear a bit moody, but has the form and ability to go well today, and also has no trip and ground concerns. Drops to a handy looking mark of 102 and so 'if' he can find somewhere near his best, then there's no reason why he shouldn't go close today at decent looking odds.

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept WALDVOGEL 2.05 Doncaster. 0.5 points each way. Kieren Fallon up on board, which will attract support, so not too happy about that as far as a good price goes, but this one has the chance to show more of what he's about today and I expect to see some improvement. He showed last time that this lively ground holds no fears and the trip's no problem, so with the handicapper dropping him down to a mark of 101, I think we can see a very big run from him if he's on his game. Wouldn't be surprised to see the price drop to be honest (currently around 15s on Betfair), so I've taken a little bit now.

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept bugaku 205 donc. 0.5 pts ew. unexposed, especially over this longer trip, and that means he could improve enough to take this race. handles the ground and drops down to a mark of 87. ryan moore rides these races very well and anything at 6/1 or over is a decent price in my opinion.

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept

Will be in the bookie tomorrow with my Dad so thought I would dig my head into some races before then since I have some time. Just looked at the 14:05 Doncaster and find its a tough nut to crack, I have got the field down to 4 that I feel have the best chance and all 4 are very nice prices. I'm just going to run through them: Fiulin - Has good form on course, broke his maiden here with a win over 12 furlongs, was 2nd on his previous effort here, also in a maiden. He has never run over today's trip but has won over 14 furlongs before on two occasions. One of those was in a Class 2 handicap and the other in a Class 1 Listed race back in April. On that occasion he beat last years winner of the race The Betchworth Kid by a fairly impressive 6 lengths. Since then The Betchworth Kid has went on to win a Class 2 handicap off a mark 1lb higher than he was in the Listed race where Fiulin beat him. Fiulin has not won since but runs off a mark 4lbs lower than said win today and he has been running in Group races on his last 3 outings. He has placed in another Listed race and in a Group 3 race in the past so this race is no way out of his depth. Desert Sea - 1 win from 1 run on this course. Never ran over today's distance but has won over 14 and 16 furlongs. Has also won a Class 1 Listed race this season back in July over 16 furlongs. Runs off the same mark as that win today. Just Lille - Has won over the distance which was on her last outing at Warwick in a Class 3 handicap. Only up 3lbs from that win so that should not affect her too much. Also note this was her only shot at the distance to date. Hawk Mountain - Won 2/2 over today's distance and both those runs were on this course so 2/2 over course and distance for the horse. Both of those were in Class 4 handicaps and is up 7lbs from his latest win. Today's opposition may prove too tough since some have ran in Class 1 races so their experience against tougher opposition could count today although on the other hand, his course and distance experience could count. Did run a creditable 2nd off a mark just 1lb lower than he runs off today at York over 16 furlongs. Was also 4th LTO off the same mark as he runs off today at York, again over 16 furlongs. The going will be fine for all 4 mentioned above. Fiulin seems to be the most informative write up and seems to have more positives over the rest of them for me. I was fairly shocked at how high a price the horse is so this is looking like my main selection at the minute but probably won't confirm anything until the morning. May even have two bets in the race.
Since I will be at the bookie both bets will have to be at SP but will but their current price in brackets: 1pt E/W Fiulin @ SP (Coral current price - 16/1) 0.5pts E/W Desert Sea @ SP (Coral current price - 11/1) Watch Hawk Mountain and Just Lille be the first two home now.

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept It's two handicaps for me today. Not my best punting area but if at first you don't succeed..... 2.05 I think this will be run at a fairly even pace and should therefore favour prominently ridden animals. The younger horses win the majority of the renewals of this event, many of them being 3yo's. High weighted animals have typically struggled which isn't surprising given the galloping nature of the track. So, I'm looking for a youngster who's lightly weighted with scope for improvement. That means Manyriverstocross & Nanton are out despite their good current form, as is the difficult to assess Waldvogel. The ones I've focussed on are Bugaku (unexposed and stayed on nicely at Kempton but lacking gears) Cosmic Sun & Hawk Mountain. I feel Bugaku is short enough on what it's achieved, probably due to the Stoute / Moore factor. Cosmic Sun at 7-2 has a leading chance and is a solid favourite. This is his first try against the older generation and he should go well. Hawk Mountain is a 4yo but is lightly raced with only 13 starts and is 2 from 2 over CD. I disagree strongly with the race readers verdict that he kept on at the same pace last time out. To my eyes he didn't stay the 2m and 1/2 furlong, the same trip he weakened out of contention over in his previous run. Back at his winning trip he travelled and quickened well three starts ago and for me he's got to be the bet at 13-2 given that he also races more prominently that Cosmic Sun. I've backed him to win given the poor each way nature of the event. 3.50 This race is all down to the trip and pace for me. Despite Celtic Sultan being in it, there's not actually a lot of pace so I feel that Jimmy Styles will be able to pick them off from the front. He's a top class 6f handicapper and should have too much speed for the main dangers who seem to be better over 7f and may struggle to find a quick enough burst of speed to cope with the 1/2 furlong shorter trip. I see the main dangers (at decent prices) being Pearly Way who's a classy and well handiapped sprinter and Spanish Bounty who should run better from the front over this trip. I backed Jimmy Styles at 7-2 to take this. K

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept

WALDVOGEL 2.05 Doncaster. 0.5 points each way. Kieren Fallon up on board, which will attract support, so not too happy about that as far as a good price goes, but this one has the chance to show more of what he's about today and I expect to see some improvement. He showed last time that this lively ground holds no fears and the trip's no problem, so with the handicapper dropping him down to a mark of 101, I think we can see a very big run from him if he's on his game. Wouldn't be surprised to see the price drop to be honest (currently around 15s on Betfair), so I've taken a little bit now.
This one also interests me - Fallon riding a treble for the trainer recently

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept 4.55 Selection: Alcalde Like the look of this one at a very tasty price for the lucky last at Doncaster today. Looked a decent prospect when winning both 2yo starts - first a facile success in a maiden over 8f at Brighton and 2nd time a class 3 conditions stakes when beating Helidor (has progressed to be rated in the 100s) over 10f at Leicester. Comeback run this year was disappointing when a well beaten favourite stepped up in trip to 12f round today's course. Ran a lot better next time out over same trip at Newmarket when encountering fast ground for the first time and finished up only being beaten a half length into 2nd. LTO run can be ignored when stepped up further in trip in a class 2 handicap at York. Must be considered today back to what could be the ideal trip of 10f on ground he has proven he can handle and looks grossly overpriced at current 20/1. Place claims at least. Also worth noting that both 2yo wins were in September last year. Bet: 5pts each way

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept 1.35 Selection Star Rover Wouldn't be surprised to see this one progress to a place at least in this contest. Clive Brittain (trainer of favourite) hasn't exactly had a great time at Doncaster over last couple of days and think the fave may be worth taking on despite looking the class of the race. I fancy Star Roverafter taking a marked step forward last time with Listed win at York. If able to build on that could be overpriced at current 16/1. Bet: 2.50pts e/w

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept 2.05 Selection: Desert Sea Like the look of this one at a nice price. Ran really well to win a listed Sandown race penultimate start over 2m before disappointing badly LTO. If forgiven that run should be right there today - promises to stay every yard of the trip and my idea of the winner. Bet: 2.50pts e/w

Re: Doncaster Fri 11th Sept 4.55 Doncaster Dangerous Midge is open to further improvement and could be generously priced at 16/1. Brian Meehan's colt is unexposed after just the three starts and was an encouraging third on his handicap debut last time out at Bath. The winner, Point of Light from the Mark Prescott yard, has been prolific since, so that form has been boosted. Dangerous Midge won well on his second start in a Sandown maiden and may have more to offer today. The drop back in trip will suit Alcade and he is another I want onside. Running over one and a half miles he was headed in the last few strides at Newmarket recently and 1m 6f stretched his stamina at York when last seen. Providing he doesn't become embroiled in a battle for the lead I can see him going well here. Dangerous Midge 16/1 SJ, 5 pts EW Alcade 20/1 SJ, 2.5 pts EW