Best bet of the day 26th Aug

2.40 ayr Northside prince had showed some promise off this mark until brought down at ayr, but since put that behind him after put a good effort up at redcar, there is a win off this mark somewhere does need to prove can cope with soft ground 0.5pt e/w northside prince

Re: Best bet of the day 26th Aug 5.00 Warwick This looks quite a tricky race to crack but I feel Kipchak is better than a 16/1 shot and has valid excuses for what appear poor runs on paper at first glance. I backed this one at Yarmouth when I felt Eddie Ahern sent him off a little too quickly infront. He was the sole pacesetter in the field and could have been ridden with a bit more restraint that day in my opinion. Since then he has disappointed at Lingfield, but he had to settle with a position in mid-division, which isn't ideal for him, from a wide draw. Last time out at Brighton he was well held in third, but it was a return to some sort of form nonetheless and he fared best of those that had raced up with the pace. What we do know about Kipchak is that he is suited by sharp tracks (three time winner at Lingfield), he handles firm ground and is effective over this trip, so from a low draw and with Fergus Sweeney booked, he ticks plenty of boxes for me today. Sweeney may not seem an eyecatching jockey booking to some, but for me, his front running ride on Comadoir at Lingfield was one of the rides of the season - he blitzed them on a 20/1 shot - and a similar sort of ride could be just what the doctor ordered for Conor Dore's gelding today. 0.5 pt EW

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.