Chester 21st Aug

2.30 chester Fathsta is running for nicholls who has 3 in this race but fathsta has shown some real promise recently especially round here in a 25k handicap 3 starts ago when 3rd behind mister hardy, went onto catterick to run a good 2nd then ran a too badder race to be true and i give him a chance to bounce back, runs off same mark as that good 3rd here, fast ground no problem is much better over 7f then a mile which he has tackled recently. 0.5pt e/w fathsta 4.15 chester Fastnet storm if getting a nice lead here could go wel likes to make all. You can discount last run in a huge class upgrade. back down to a more suitable level and back on fast ground should suit much better is only 2lb higher when last winning 0.5pt e/w fastnet storm 4.50 chester safebreaker has finished out of the frame since the start of the year made a pleasing run last time out off this mark but has a 5lb claimer on today which could prove valuable to get nose in front again, also showed most promise on fast ground 0.5pt e/w safebreaker

Re: Chester 21st Aug 16.15 Chester - Takaatuf E/W Has been dropped in grade today, has been running in Class 2 races and recorded a win in a Class 2 race back in May. Was between him and Chris's selection but I just think Takaatuf will come close today. He is now 1lb lower than said win in a Class 2 race over today's distance. Horse has also won at Pontefract which is a left handed track like Chester and is fairly sharp as well. Is drawn 5/12 so is nearer the bottom end of the draw than the top which is another positive from me. Guillambert is on board today and I really like him to be honest especially when riding for the Johnston yard. Has had 2 rides for him over the last 2 weeks and both were winners @ 7/1 and 3/1. His last 3 races have all been hot races in my opinion so I'm not worried that he did not come close in either of them especially off career high marks. Not sure on odds yet but will post up tomorrow, is trading at 17.5 on betfair right now though which I was surprised at.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.