PGA Golf - Wyndham Championship - Thurs 20th to Sun 23 Aug 09

Ahhhhhh! soon to be my local Golf Club - Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro. A beautiful part of the world! This tournament will be significant to a lot of players wanting to enter into the PGA Tour Play-Offs for The FedEx Cup as it is the final event before it happens. The likes of Sergio Garcia will be desperate to do well here as he currently stands at 115th in the current standings. The tournament itself is renowned for relative unknowns winning it due to the field being comprised of the lesser known players. However this year it is stronger than normal due to The FedEx Cup qualification places still up for grabs. Past winners of the Wyndham Championship who'll be in the field:

Carl Pettersson (2008) Brandt Snedeker (2007)
Davis Love III (1992, 2006) K.J. Choi (2005)
Brent Geiberger (2004) Rocco Mediate (1993, 2002)
Steve Elkington (1990)
I personally feel with the likes of Sergio Garcia & Lucas Glover in the field one of the more known players will win it this year! Predictions: Sergio Garcia @26.00 EW Skybet **** (1/4 odds 5 places) I feel Sergio is still fighting some demons at the moment with the break up with his girlfriend that he hasn't quite yet got over! However for him to turn up here he is serious about getting into the end of season jamboree of The FedEx Cup. Sergio has never played this tournament before however he has experience of the course when he finished 3rd in 1998 on The Nationwide Tour in The Nike Greensboro Open. The course ranks 44th out of 54 on the PGA Tour course ranking list in difficluty and for a Guy of Sergio's undoubted abilities he could rip to shreds the course record from last year currently held by Carl Petterson. Adam Scott @61.00 EW Paddypower ** Just what has happened to this Guy this year? So much ability but he's having a nightmare year - he currently stands at 111th on The FedEx Cup standings and if he got his game together he could be a serious contender here this weekend. Just too big a price for me to ignore no matter how bad his current form is! JM Singh @126.00 EW Skybet ** Decent player who was coached earlier in the season by Butch Harmon. Massive price for him which I just can't ignore! Tim Clark @26.00 EW Betfred *** Clark should know this place well as he graduated out of North Carolina University and is a regular to this Competition. He finished 6th in this last year. He finsihed 22nd in 06, 6th in 05 when it was called The Chrysler Classic. Davis Love @46.00 EW Skybet ** Love is a 2 timer winner of this tournament and is from around these parts again being a graduate out of North Carolina University. He has been very consistent this year and with his knowledge of this place he could reward us with decent enough odds. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.