AFL Round 21

WB 2.25 GEEL 1.65 ---------- +/- 7.5 --- Etihad CARL 1.06 MELB 9.30 ------- -/+ 42.5 --- Etihad ADEL 1.14 WCE 5.77 -------- -/+ 35.5 --- AAMI BRIS 1.14 PORT 5.77 ------- -/+ 35.5 --- GABBA RICH 2.97 HAWKS 1.40 ----- +/- 17.5 ---- MCG ST.K 1.05 NTH MELB 10.25 -- -/+ 48.5 --- Etihad COLL 1.16 SYD 5.32 ------- -/+ 32.5 ---- MCG FREO 2.06 ESS 1.77 ----------- N/A ----- SUBI Wow we are really spoiled for choice. I had dibs on Freo H2H and the stingy bookies can only offer $2.06 :( I will take them anyway. Bombers to be v. sore, flat and missing a few players after their win even though Lloyd might be back. Freo @ $2.06 WCE +35.5 looks quite generous but they will be missing Masten and M Brown. Same for Port but they are playing rubbish football. Can't have them, even on principle :spank Doggies +7.5 looks alright depending on ins/outs :unsure Blues to hammer the Dees who don't like Etihad. Tigers-Hawks: Another rubbish game :puke Saints to bounce back hard. Pies with a hefty line but have had the wood on the Swans. Centrebet already have a market for week 1 finals: Geel 1.80 Coll 2.00. After a few bizarre results, it's a bit premature when 3rd isn't even settled don't ya think?

Re: AFL Round 21

Bombers to be v. sore' date=' flat and missing a few players after their win even though Lloyd might be back. [b']Freo @ $2.06
But it's Freo!... ...I mean, how can a team play so well to beat Port, who are vying for a top 8 spot...come out and play so badly against the bottom team? ;) :lol Paraphrasing from 'expert' radio commentators yesterday...actually, it's not even funny how little they seem to know/expect. I think you'v done well to grab that price tho mate...2.00 now @ Centrebt is the best I can see... ...into favs even at a couple of places. :ok Cats 0-11 ats...1-12 last 13... Without doing any research what-so-ever, the only 'dogs I'd want to look at (besides the Doggies), would be North and West Coast... :\

Cats 0-11 ats...1-12 last 13...
You bring this up every week and it's a great stat we haven't really taken advantage of. 17/20 as favs this yr, 6/20 @ the - line, those 6 being in the 1st 9 rounds. Edit: Fre/Fre/Fre/Fre @ $3.50 4 out of Freo's 5 wins have been Fre/Fre/Fre/Fre (Qtr-by-qtr leader) (3/4 at Subi). Bombers have struggled to back up after winning big games. Their loss record is 10 games, 7 of which they were behind at every change (of those, 3 were i/s matches) -'09 i/s record is 1/4. Freo have been great starters at home (6/ last 6 1st qtrs and 5/ last 6 1st halves @ Subi) and I see no reason why they can't start well again and lead all the way.

Re: AFL Round 21 Totals are out: WESTERN BULLDOGS vs GEELONG --- 202.5 : 1.90 CARLTON vs MELBOURNE ----------- 195.5 : 1.90 ADELAIDE vs WEST COAST --------- 177.5 : 1.90 BRISBANE vs PORT ADELAIDE ------- 192.5 : 1.90 RICHMOND vs HAWTHORN ---------- 192.5 : 1.90 ST KILDA vs NORTH MELBOURNE ---- 174.5 : 1.90 COLLINGWOOD vs SYDNEY ---------- 176.5 : 1.90 FREMANTLE vs ESSENDON ---------- 182.5 : 1.90 Not sure on any of these :unsure Freo into $1.78 now. Does that fill me with confidence? Yes and no. After all, it's Freo :rollin I'm still unsure on the Dogs-Cats game. How much impact will those INs have? Which ones will need the run? Chapman is a big in. Gia and Higgins are gr8 ins as well :unsure

Re: AFL Round 21 Cats 0-12 ats...1-13 last 14... ...seems so obvious when you read it afterwards...:wall Honestly nothing looking the least bit worth a shot for me this week...unless you (oz), Ash and any other 'regular' who hasn't popped in for a while want to throw in for a calcutta as a guess when H2W will say something sensible? :unsure Only game I reckon I'll be on at this stage (have North just gven up completely?? :\) is the Ess/Freo OVER...looks low... But honestly things look pretty tight. Slighty (only slightly of course!) worrying when NFL pre-season is "easier" to predict than the real game... :$

Re: AFL Round 21 Still getting over staying off the longshot in the last, last week, after suffering a horror losing weekend :wall - I'm sure you've all been there? Interesting one next week with Collingwood and WBD playing for a shot at Geelong in week-1 Just feeling that Essendon are genuine smokey's for the flag. May get Carlton in week one, who they've beaten twice. Can beat Collingwood (proven) which would set them up for the way through to St Kilda in granny. The more I think about it it's probably equal premiership favorites Saints & Bombers. Lucas and Hird back will be a big lift.

Cats 0-12 ats...1-13 last 14... ...seems so obvious when you read it afterwards...:wall
Sure does. They might break the trend next week vs Freo but I highly doubt it with injured players and their eye on Week 1 finals. Good win by your boys nonetheless but next week will be a a bigger test. Honestly nothing looking the least bit worth a shot for me this week... I have another one before I close my wallet. Fevola >3.5 goals @ $1.89. $1.98 was available earlier on but I snoozed. Seems a big task but it IS Fev who's been scoring bags of late and is up against the Dees with a priority pick to play for ;) unless you (oz), Ash and any other 'regular' who hasn't popped in for a while want to throw in for a calcutta as a guess when H2W will say something sensible? :unsure What odds you offering? :loon Otherwise meh. I just want my Freo bets to get up. All the signs are there :dude

I have another one before I close my wallet. Fevola >3.5 goals @ $1.89. $1.98 was available earlier on but I snoozed. Seems a big task but it IS Fev who's been scoring bags of late and is up against the Dees with a priority pick to play for ;)
It'll be like the old trick where you call the opponent out of it, only Melbourne players will be calling "yours Fev!" :lol TazD, surely Dog's play Williams in finals, will they? I meant to have a 'won't' in that last sentence, somewhere.

Re: AFL Round 21 Yeah, don't really know how bad his foot is. Not too sure what to make of Welsh roaming around the backline either tbh...opening the forwardline right up is one thing, but not sure I like the idea of Scotty as a spare man back there... ...having said that Reid looks alright, so he might hold his spot. Addison out and someone else will be very unlucky for Cross and Griffen. Would love to get over Collingwood next week for that 3rd spot.

I'd be happy for Brisbane to concede this ... trying to ride the Porties home from here - scary :drums
I think that was a perfect example of dying a very slow death. It is a skill they've mastered to go along with the classic roll over and die when things get tough :spank Poor Chocko (or is it that Choke-o). Another 2 years of this rubbish. Kozi >1.5 goals @ $1.90 Averages 2.2 goals/game and is a better chance than Milne >2.5 goals or Rievoldt >3.5 goals at similar odds against mediocre opposition.

Re: AFL Round 21 Yeah, 4 goals after 1/4...would have been horrible to watch/be involved in. :@ I was thinking pretty seriously about taking North today, but what's with the team they've named?! Just decided it's time to give up on the season. A lot of inexperience out there, so I think you might be right oz, after Fev snuck home yesterday for his 3! :lol Still pretty happy with the Freo total tho...at this stage I'll be on over 182.5 or better.

Re: AFL Round 21 There was at least 4.00 gettable on Brisbane qtr time, which IMO (as hinted above) was good overs, but decided to just sit and suffer. They (Port) were actually in good shape (and going to win IMO) come late Q3, but tried to run the clock with 2:00 left :eyes - and, of course, the usual result (lost all - momentum, creative play, confidence, ... opp got a sniff ...). Brisbane did make moves to stop the run and get it back on their terms but I'm sure I noticed Port trying to run-down the last 65:00 mins - result; no goals in Q2. Not sure what you mean by "Poor Chocko", Oz. Wouldn't the coach have a say in things like the above mentioned game plans? Saints/Roos is hard to assess IMO. It's hard to guess what all the changes will do for North as well as what sort of Saints we'll get. I'm thinking Saints about 54 is the 50/50 chance???

Still pretty happy with the Freo total tho...at this stage I'll be on over 182.5 or better.
McPharlin >0.5 goals @ $1.90 Regardless of whether Pears or an injured Fletcher plays on him, he IS the designated full forward (he kicked 3 out of 9 goals last week) in a forward line that is still somewhat experimental so I would be very surprised if he doesn't get at least 1 home @ Subi.
Not sure what you mean by "Poor Chocko"' date=' Oz. Wouldn't the coach have a say in things like the above mentioned game plans?[/quote'] I dunno what he's been doing besides the "pogo stick" and the "lets huddle right in front of the fans at 3 qtr time" in recent times but there is no coach in the world that would've got that lot over the line last night. There is clearly a problem with that team and Chocko should take a nice long holiday and come back with a big, sharp axe.

Re: AFL Round 21 I'm with Ashtee on this one oz. Williams is the problem...at least a massive part of it. Negative coaches who, once out in front, try their best not to lose, rather than going on to win. (Laidley another prime example) ...and even your boys. You said last week (before?) how well they are playing with new freedom and confidence. Same bunch of guys who've been there all year. Amazing what happens when the reigns are released, isn't it? :\ Personally, I was amazed they got themselves in that position in the first place! :lol

Re: AFL Round 21 So... ...while everyone here (well, just you oz! :lol) is having a ping at some 'exotics' today... ...Sandilands over Pav (most DT points 1.90) No ruckman at all for Ess...well, Bellchambers! Hooker will pinch hit...bit of rain about so there could well be a few ball ups. He's beaten Pav in the last 2 v. Ess...having 45 HO's in one game...and that was with Hille playing...and Pav kicked 6 in one game and still didn't top the big guy. Bombers have a few options if he starts to get on top...but as the old saying goes about sizable humans not getting smaller... Plus, given that I can't watch the game live (at home anyway), it gives me a decent excuse to watch the scores tick over on fanfooty! :lol EDIT: How's this start by the Roos?!!! :eek:

Re: AFL Round 21 TBH, looking through my results today I'm embarrassed to find that the demise this season is totally down to retaining some faith in three clubs - Port, North and Richmond. I've a written law to CONSISTENTLY knock teams that carry poor motivational issues (such as game saving tactics) but kept thinking, "surely they will will learn". :$ :$ :unsure Here we go, North are going to beat the Saints, now! :loon I give up! :sad Saints (mentally) still in holiday mode? - interesting Geelong lost all drive (apart from the injuries) after giving players a holiday.

Re: AFL Round 21 Yeah...was [technically!] a great spot to go against the Saints this week... ...just listening to people talk footy during the week, with their "The Saints will bounce back...The loss will do them good" bullshit... A team loses; a) Because they want to. (ie. Melbourne v. Richmond)...or usually, b) because they aren't good enough. Over the last 3 weeks, (remember they were full strength v. Sydney and Ess.), they have gone from a defense powerhouse to...51-49 I50's v. the Bulldogs even going back a week further...51-45 @ Syd, 42-43 v. Hawks and 45-47 last week. It's going to be super tough for them to turn this around. Geelong are gone. Too many injuries... Collingwood/Doggies GF anyone?! :p

I'm with Ashtee on this one oz. Williams is the problem...at least a massive part of it.
Fair enough. I also meant to say that the problems extend beyond just the players. Beyond the sensationalism and the wins they've actually had, I haven't heard one positive thing about Port in the media all year.
It's going to be super tough for them to turn this around.
Last thing a team needs other than injury problems is poor form going into the finals and this certainly brings Pies and Dogs into the equation.

Step right up...everyone's a winner... :drums Better end to the round than last week, ay boys. :cheers
Good call, good call. I'll drink to that :beerWell done all.
(PS. oz' date=' why haven't you got us onto these player bets sooner? ;) )[/quote'] We should ask Centrebet why they never had these bets in Round 1? Otherwise, :cheers