NRL: Round 23

Gold Coast -1.5 @ 2.00 (sportingbet) Two good sides who are in form and have been playign an attacking brand of rugby league match up here which can go either way. Souths have won the last 2 games in Sydney while the Titans did beat them 22-14 earlier this year. Asotasi is a big loss for them in the forwards and like the look of Bailey to take advantage of this as Souths don't really have anyone else who plays the same way as Asotasi and Bailey do. Thes rest of the two teams are very smialr in nature, and if Bailey manages to get the teamin moving then the likes of Prince and Campbell will dictate the game. Titans to edge this Bulldogs @ 2.35 (sportingbet) Bulldogs are 2nd and look to ensure a top 2 finish with a win here. They ahve the likes of Kimmorley and Ennis who drive their team forward aided by a forward apck that is no nonsense and work hard to get the yardage for these two to take advantage of. Not convinced by the Cowboys as they rely too much on Thurston and Bowen and even though they have some decent players, they have been found to be inconsistent at times. Like the Bulldogs here and it is helped by their 9-3 record they have at Townsville

Re: NRL: Round 23 Cowboys Vs Bulldogs Bulldogs have hit a bit of a slump these last few weeks, lucky to beat Souths and Canberra and seemed to have lost the cutting edge that they had previously, Cowboys have looked good although they lost away to the Storm last week i thought it was only Storms great defence that won them the game. I will go for the Cowboys -4.5 and over 44.5 @$3.55 with Sportingbet. Souths Vs Gold Coast I think that the way Souths are playing they have a great chance tonight, last week down 12-0 against Manly at Brookie oval they completley destroyed Manly and if they can repeat that form tonight they should beat the Gold Coast who had a good result last week against the Warriors, they have done a lot of traveling and i think home advantage will give Souths the edge. I will back Souths to win and over 44.5 @$3.55 with Sportingbet.

Re: NRL: Round 23

Cowboys Vs Bulldogs Bulldogs have hit a bit of a slump these last few weeks, lucky to beat Souths and Canberra and seemed to have lost the cutting edge that they had previously, Cowboys have looked good although they lost away to the Storm last week i thought it was only Storms great defence that won them the game. I will go for the Cowboys -4.5 and over 44.5 @$3.55 with Sportingbet. Souths Vs Gold Coast I think that the way Souths are playing they have a great chance tonight, last week down 12-0 against Manly at Brookie oval they completley destroyed Manly and if they can repeat that form tonight they should beat the Gold Coast who had a good result last week against the Warriors, they have done a lot of traveling and i think home advantage will give Souths the edge. I will back Souths to win and over 44.5 @$3.55 with Sportingbet.
:cryCowboys. were all over the dogs in the last 20 min of first half but couldn't put them away and were denied a fair try by the video ref and only had a 12-6 lead, dogs then knuckled down in 2nd half and ground out the win. :wall Souths. first half lasted 52 minutes as the refs went to the video ref 7 times !!!WTF. Gold Coast again showed again how to win the close games.

Re: NRL: Round 23 Manly -13.5 @ 2.00 (sportingbet) Look to Manly to bounce after their narrow loss to the Tigers as they seek to stay in the top 8. They cannot afford a loss here and really should have no problems against the bottom placed Roosters who they have beaten by a 20 point margin in 4 of their last 5 meetings. Watnough continues to charge through the lines and look to him to lead the way St George -8 (AH) @ 2.00 (sportingbet) While the Raiders cling to their faint hopes of making the semi's and they usually play well at home on a Saturday night they are up against the top team who continues to play at a very high standard. It is the form of Soward in particular who has been driving the forwards and then creating some magic for their backs to score. Can't see the Dragons stopping their march to the semi's here and the Raiders though valiant, don't have the depth to match the Dragons Parramatta -15.5 @ 2.00 (sportingbet) The Eels are charging home with increased confidence in their play as they seek a semi final spot that look dead and buried several weeks ago. Hayne has been superb and the forwards have also rolled up their sleives as the Eels are finally playign to the roster they have. As for the Warriors, they don't look likely to do much against a side that has win by 30 point margins in the last few weeks. With the Eels winning 8 of the last 10 meetings at home, another win looks very likely.

Re: NRL: Round 23 Wests win by 1-12 margin @ 3.00 (sportingbet) Wests have been overtaken by Parramatta for a top 8 spot and now need a win here to jump them. They have been in very good form in recent weeks but some compacency last week meant they had to fight hard to overcome a first half deficit to win in the end against the Roosters. Cause for concern is that the same mentality may happen again as they face the second from bottom side who have nothing but pride to play for and being at home, will try to make this a contest. Wests have a very good record at Cronulla as 5 of the 8 clashes so the ground holds no fear for them but in winning 4 of the last 5 meetings with the Sharks, they have been each by 12 points or less. Penrith win by 1-12 margin @ 3.90 (sportingbet) While the Broncos finally got some form with a 20 point win over an injury riddled Cronulla side, they have been struggling for form in recent weeks. As for Penrith they have been competitive in their games until they make a mistake at the wrong time and they conceded points as a result. They were competitive against the Dragons last week and if they show the same intensity they should go on to beat the Broncos. A Penrith win increases the gap between the two teams by 3 points while the Broncos with a win jump over the Panthers, but it is hard to tip the Broncos as their defence has been shredded quite a bit in recent weeks, yet the Panthers also have a habit of conceding tries. Like the better attacking team to win here

Re: NRL: Round 23 Wests -14 @ 2.00 vs Cronulla Wests were a bit flat last week backing up from the intense Manly match but they still eked out a win. This week Lawrence is back and he makes a huge difference to their strike out wide and they have had a full week to recover so should be fresh. A must win for the finals means they'll be switched on against a hapless Sharks who while a gutsy club have conceded over 30 points in each of their last 4 games and really have no attack due to injuries to key players.

Wests -14 @ 2.00 vs Cronulla Wests were a bit flat last week backing up from the intense Manly match but they still eked out a win. This week Lawrence is back and he makes a huge difference to their strike out wide and they have had a full week to recover so should be fresh. A must win for the finals means they'll be switched on against a hapless Sharks who while a gutsy club have conceded over 30 points in each of their last 4 games and really have no attack due to injuries to key players.
bingo... Wests by 56-10

Re: NRL: Round 23 Monday night Footy Newcastle Vs Melbourne not much between these teams in betting, Knights had a very good home record and team was playing good with a chance of making the top four then Coach Smith annonced he had signed a deal to coach the Roosters next year and since then they have lost their last three games, the board then let him go last week and new coach takes over. Storm have 2nd best defensive record but have a poor away form. I will take a punt on the Knights improving their game in front of new coach and take the Knights +0.5 and under 40.5 @$3.85 with NSW TAB.

it's looking good at halftime pete' date=' fingers crossed for a low scoring second half mate[/quote'] Knights win 26-14:gimme Got out of jail with the under 40.5 as Cam Smith hit post with conversion then his last kick from the sideline looked going over but just went under crossbar and to cap off a great escape video ref ruled against the Knights try. Don't have any nails left after that, but in the end great first half from the Knights and can't see the Storm being a threat for play offs.:drums

pete at ht line was 39.5 +/- went on over. :D
:ok good result, as i said i dodged a few bullets as the game opened up in the second half i was extremley lucky to get a result, plus when i was looking at the odds with the different betting agencies before the game and Sportingbet odds for the game double was Knights +2.5 and under 39.5 @ $3.40 that is why i went with the NSW TAB odds and the single point differance made it a winning bet for me.:lol