Being a better bounty tonight?

PGremlin

Last saturday I played in 32Red BtB and got third place. So today I am a 50 Euro bounty. To bad that I have never gotten ITM when I have been the bounty before:cry I'm wondering if I should adjust my game more when I am the bounty. I tried playing more TAG, but maybe it's also about being more aggressive when having a hand (I have a habit of small bets normally)? I'm a bit clueless about how to do better. Anyone here have a few pointers on how to adjust your game when being a bounty? Learned a few valuable things from being a bounty yourself? Please tell me before I have to play tonight :tongue2

Re: Being a better bounty tonight? People will want to be involved in hands against you. So they will call you down lighter and even shove over you. Therefore you need be tighter with your starting hands. Extremely tight I say, especially since the bounty is so valuable compared to the buyin.

Re: Being a better bounty tonight? I haven't played this since they introduced the add-on. What happens if you go bust before the break? Are you out, or do you get to buy the add-on? Before there was an add-on, then if you were a bounty and at least some of the players at your table knew what they were doing, then I'm pretty sure that it was correct to wait for a premium hand and get all-in preflop (the bounties were high enough compared to the buy-in that it would be correct for a player who had you covered to call your all-in with any two cards). If you doubled up and most players at your table no longer had you covered, then you could start playing more normally. I'm not sure what difference the add-ons make, though.

Re: Being a better bounty tonight?

I haven't played this since they introduced the add-on. What happens if you go bust before the break? Are you out, or do you get to buy the add-on? Before there was an add-on, then if you were a bounty and at least some of the players at your table knew what they were doing, then I'm pretty sure that it was correct to wait for a premium hand and get all-in preflop (the bounties were high enough compared to the buy-in that it would be correct for a player who had you covered to call your all-in with any two cards). If you doubled up and most players at your table no longer had you covered, then you could start playing more normally. I'm not sure what difference the add-ons make, though.
The add on is only if you survive till the first break. So if I am knocked out before then it's over. Thanks for your advice Slap :ok I agree with playing more agressive, and I'll try an all in preflop if I get AA or KK. I'm not so sure if they should call me with any hand preflop though. My bounty is 5 times the buyin, so with crappy cards like 42o they should still fold

People will want to be involved in hands against you. So they will call you down lighter and even shove over you. Therefore you need be tighter with your starting hands. Extremely tight I say' date=' especially since the bounty is so valuable compared to the buyin.[/quote'] ok, I'll try and be patient and just play the premium hands and let those connected suited go :unsure

My bounty is 5 times the buyin, so with crappy cards like 42o they should still fold
It's clearer with the bigger bounties, but I think it's probably still just about correct: They're not just gambling "bounty vs. bust-out", they're gambling "bounty plus double-up vs. bust-out (OK, not quite literally double-up or bust-out if they have you slightly covered), so if you both have roughly a starting stack but they have you covered, they stand to lose about a buy-in, but to win about six buy-ins (five for the bounty and one for the double-up).

Re: Being a better bounty tonight? Hey Gremlin I've been a bounty a few times and i have to tell you that each and everytime i went out with a badbeat. But, i actually think is not that bad, since there's a lot of value in your head that is ok to call with a gutshot, a bad A, a flush draw, etc. The thing is, i think it is ok to play a very tight game since all your big cards are going to get paid (specially over 25-50 blinds), but the thing is... you're playing for free, so you might as well be as agressive as you can, because if you can build a big stack, then you are playing for U$500 extra if you win, and if you lose... well, you were playing for free, so its all good fun Regards :ok

Just play nice and loose i could do with $50 :tongue2
lol, we'll see about that. Thanks Chato and everyone else for their advice. I'll take the advice with me and hopefully I will finally get ITM as a bounty tonight :ok

Re: Being a better bounty tonight? No luck :( ** Hand # 2773092696 starting - 2009-08-12 23:39:34 ** Be the Bounty €1,000 Guarantee[3068347]:Table 6 [Multi Table Hold 'em] (200.00|400.00 NL - MTT) Real Money lee_m sitting in seat 1 with 3705.00 chikiloka sitting in seat 2 with 3731.00[Dealer] RiverChaser_ sitting in seat 3 with 6330.00 chumley0 sitting in seat 4 with 6635.00 johnny313 sitting in seat 5 with 4288.00 muppetdonk sitting in seat 6 with 7876.00 WilcoDP sitting in seat 7 with 7481.00 jade89 sitting in seat 8 with 4574.00 RiverChaser_ posted the small blind - 100.00 chumley0 posted the big blind - 200.00 ** Dealing cards to RiverChaser_: As, Ah johnny313 folded muppetdonk folded WilcoDP raised to 600.00 jade89 folded lee_m folded chikiloka folded RiverChaser_ raised to 1900.00 chumley0 folded WilcoDP went all-in - 6881.00 RiverChaser_ went all-in - 4430.00 WilcoDP shows: 8c, 8h chumley0 > gl ** Dealing the flop: Qh, 8d, 10h ** Dealing the turn: 10s ** Dealing the river: Kc WilcoDP wins 12860.00 from the main pot Rake: 0.00