This weeks Discussion, Distance Betting

For those unsure how distance betting works here is an example Distances and how they work. Nose = 0.05 short head = 0.10 head = 0.20 neck = 0.30 1/2 L = 0.50 3/4 L = 0.75 1L = 1.00 The rest is pretty straight forward example horse wins by 2 1/2L = 2.50 over 4L it is on times, Every second = 4L Each meeting is different as you take into consideration, The going, Jockeys instructions that you hear. I.E:: don't let it win to far. make sure you produce it late ETC. Also some meetings you know there is going to be competition, So hopefully horses should be fighting out the finish. The jumps and sometimes the flat get really annoying!! 2 horses jumping the last and one falls leaving the other to win by a distance. On the flat winner way in front and they ease it up to win by a 1L These are things that can help you or go against you. Which depends on what you have covered. Under-In-between or Over prices are generally 6/4--13/8--7/4 or 15/8 more often that not it is 13/8 under 6/4 in-between and 15/8 over Also if it did finish on exactly 18.5 you would only get money back if you backed in-between as that is inclusive And you only get the distance betting about an hour before racing for all meetings Sometimes only 1/2hr before. You can bet on line with William Hill and Coral- Ladbrokes-StanJames-Betfair You can cover this bet to get stake money back and a very small profit. That's if you are unsure , example would be under 10L @7/4 for £10 return is £27.50, then in-between 10L to 15L @6/4 for £10 return is £25 so either way profit unless it went over and you lose all. ------------------------------------------------------------- Reason to bring to discussion, I have now started a thread about Laying the distance, Smaller Profit margin. Quote from Dudeman99, He thinks it's like a lottery Is it really? Typical EG: On Friday eveing last race 5f spint handicap. I want "come on you irons" to win, he won his last 2 by no more than 1/2L, I also want it to be less than 2L, what happens he romps home by 6L. this is a bit much for a handicap to me. It happen a lot in my distance betting tread. Unpredictable is the word to use. What do you guys think about distance betting? Dutching 2 from 3 to show a profit? This is not as easy as I thought. You study your races to say 1 meeting you have 3 fancies, do you work out how far you think it should win by? Obvious if e/w you believe something else will win and yours placed, so possible you predict a tight finish, that is my thought on e/w shouts. I know Bowles takes some interest in it now and again, and the few times that he has posted in my tread saying what he fancied, he was pretty much spot on. Also would you think that laying a certain distance and backing another is risky. E.G. Yesterday, Ripon was over 21L with some firms and I think 15L with Betfair, this was all because of the going, Now under 11L was 6 to back and 8 to lay, and most bookies had under 14L at 13/8. I never posted in the thread as it was a bet I was not certain, but with the hadicap races there it looked a good bet to lay the over, Again here I have listened to Russp Advice. No bet is no problem. I may have thought value but betting for the sake of betting was unwise. Lets have some views from you guys then. :ok

Re: This weeks Discussion, Distance Betting Never considered distance betting and probably never will, just doesn't seem for me but then not everything in betting/gambling is for everybody. I guess if you put the right study etc into it then it can probably prove to be profitable in the long run. Do you ever bet on horses or is it just the distance betting? Why do you prefer distance betting over horses if so? Sorry if thats covered in your thread.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.