Non Runner Fiasco

This has probably been covered so many times in the past, but i just cannot justify how horse's can be declared by the owners and trainers into a race and then at 13.40pm are still entrants and by 13.55pm are declared a non runner. Beyond Desire for Michael Jarvis i feel have no excuses what so ever, the sire and dam have soft ground pedigree and the conditions were spot on, maybe the trip is the reason for the pull. but surely when declared and the rain has been coming down for three days now and with the 48 decs surely they would have info on how the course is riding a day before the racing at the meeting. so why not pull the horse a day before. instead of waiting up to 5 minutes before the race and then pull the horse. i can just not understand this motive. I feel there should be a penalty incurred to trainers that pull their entries say inside half an hour before post time. Fair enough ground can change with in minutes with adherse weather conditions, but i feel the runner above had the ground perfect. and no excuses unless the horse was unwell or unfit ?

Re: Non Runner Fiasco It's a right pain in the arse isn't it? What looks like a decent place or ew bet with 10 runners paying 3 places doesn't look so good when loads get withdrawn and you have 7 runners then only paying 2 places. Maybe they should be stricter on trainers declaring their horses non runners or just change the declaration rule.I agree with what you're saying about non runners about 10 mins before race time, the only time that would be acceptable is if there was a massive downpour between races changing the ground.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.