Windsor Mon eve 13th July

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July Course winners & last time out position (there is a reason for this which i will post up when i have my final selections) 6.30 (5f) Memphis Man © 5th LTO Matterofact (C/D) 1st LTO Fromsong © 5th LTO Gwilym © 6th LTO Blessed Place (CD) 9th LTO 8.30 (1m) Tinshu © 9th LTO 9.00 (1m 3f) Plymputh Rock © 1st LTO Featherweight © 6th LTO Hollow Green (CD) 1st LTO

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July 8.30 Windsor Perfect friend ran a good race behind a very well backed Ave on saturday night on soft ground, faster ground should suit much better tonight but draw is not over ideal but is a nice e/w price 0.5pt e/w perfect friend (6/1 bet365 bog)

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July 6.30 Apprentice handicap 5f MATTEROFACT looks the one to be on here. Previous course & distance winner, runs off OR 68 in this but with conditional jockey Jake Payne taking off 5lb, the horse is now running off 2lb lower than its last win. Should be a shortish price but is the one to beat. Memphis man takes a drop in class after its 2nd here last Monday to Blue Jack in a class 4 event. That race was a bit of a muddle with only the front runners getting involved. Hold up horse & so any lack of pace may assist at the end. With Blessed Place in the field, there should be plenty of pace but i can see that only playing into the hands of my selection Matterofact.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July

8.30 Windsor Perfect friend ran a good race behind a very well backed Ave on saturday night on soft ground, faster ground should suit much better tonight but draw is not over ideal but is a nice e/w price 0.5pt e/w perfect friend (6/1 bet365 bog)
8.30 race looks a good one to get your teeth into Chris, i think there are a couple of horses that wont go the pace & the distance is either too far or too short for a couple, so i am hoping to get this down to 3 or 4 by tomorrow evening.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July 8.30 Windsor An opening mark of 72 may underestimate Diapson and I fancy Tom Dascombe's filly to exploit the handicappers generosity on her handicap debut tonight. She had Hellbender behind on her debut and that rival has ran to a mark of around 72 since turning to handicaps. At Windsor she had Kuanyao and Newlyn Art behind and both have won since handicapping and the three that beat her are useful enough types (3rd won off 71 since, second won off 87 since, winner rated 82). At Doncaster she had Burns Night (narrowly beaten off 78 the other night) and Al Muktahem (a neck off Burns Night in a Bev maiden) behind and again, that points to her being well handicapper here. She won her maiden at Leicester last time out on this sort of ground and is evidently improving. 11/2 SJ, EW.

As you're fairly local Bowles (i think)' date=' what's the going likely to be? Says 'good' at the moment on the Racing Post with possible showers tomorrow afternoon, good to soft?[/quote'] only minor showers so far, sometimes the weather is localised so i would track this with a search engine if you think it may change. I cant see it changing from Good but it wont be the fast side of good after the rain we had at the weekend.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July 8.30 Respite 2/1 bet3 bog 10 pts I spoke quite positively about this one lto where I thought she went into a donc handicap very fairly treated off 72 and as it was she ran well without quite being good enough that day. Her earlier form looked smart enough including a second behind fantasia and an a/w win which was better than the winning margin indicates as she idled in front. She is actually better off with the horse she beat that day as well. The question mark I suppose is the extra trip. Lto over 7f she was pushed along a fair way out before plugging on without the best of runs and that run encourages trip wise and if she sees out the trip here, she should go close.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July 8.30 race Romany Princess actually won off OR 80 at Lingfield on the AW over a mile last november, race report advised it raced keenly. Looking at its turf runs, ran well in a handicap at Newbury in May 08 over 7f finishing 3rd, again raced keenly. Its only turf run this season came at newmarket over 7f where it came 8th of 11 but was well backed from 16's to 9s. Significantly,the horse has been well supported in a number of its runs, in 8 of its last 12 races, SP has been shorter than its opening price. Any significant money should be noted. Combination of Hannon/Hughes should always be feared at Windsor. Lyceana won a maiden at Great Leighs last year beating some horses that have won since, therefore that form holds up well. Handicapper has only dropped the horse 1lb & perhaps that isnt enough at this stage on what it has produced to date. Spring adventure is visored for the 1st time & i do like horses that have run well at Newmarket especially in maidens. The horse won an AW maiden at Lingfield comfortably but hasnt yet performed on the handicap stage. Trianer Dunlop is not in the best of form at the moment though. Confused by the ratings on sportinglife.com now as they have topweight with an OR off 77 & Spring adventure off same mark but getting 9lb weight allowance. I assume there is a 3yo weight for age allowance, didnt relaise it was that much ! Will come back to this race later.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July Bowles, are you still planning on going to Windsor next Monday (20th July).? I am taking a few work colleagues along and have a 2-for-1 Grandstand ticket offer and could supply you with one if needed. Let me know. Cheers, Luther

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July 6.30 Making this bet here more with my heart than my head. I'm guna take a punt on the bottom weight here, Danzadil. I often like to bet on horses that are being tried at a distance for the first time. This horse has ran her short career mainly at the 6f trip, with little success so far. She's had a good place last year on the softer ground but apart from that, nothing special. Today is her first try at the 5f trip, admittedly only 1 furlong less than usual, but hopefully this will suit. As well as that, suprisingly there has been some money for her this morning which is interesting as i can see few reasons to back her. I selected her last night as a possible E/W shout, so i'm intrigued to her now being 20/1 in from 25/1.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July 6.30 Windsor Agree with Bowles that Matteroffact should go well. I think his draw is the key here, as he's drawn next to Blessed Place and Colourus and so should be able to sit on their shoulder before making his move late on. He's only 3 lbs higher than when winning at Lingfield last time out and is a course and distance winner.

6.30 Apprentice handicap 5f MATTEROFACT looks the one to be on here. Previous course & distance winner, runs off OR 68 in this but with conditional jockey Jake Payne taking off 5lb, the horse is now running off 2lb lower than its last win. Should be a shortish price but is the one to beat. Memphis man takes a drop in class after its 2nd here last Monday to Blue Jack in a class 4 event. That race was a bit of a muddle with only the front runners getting involved. Hold up horse & so any lack of pace may assist at the end. With Blessed Place in the field, there should be plenty of pace but i can see that only playing into the hands of my selection Matterofact.
I have looked at this race in more detail now regarding the draw as i felt the bookies had it wrong offering as much as 9/2 on Matterofact. In terms of the draw, those drawn low could well have a disadvantage. On the 5f course this season: 8-10-11 (10) 9-5-7 (10) 10-7-1 (8) 3-2-7 (7) 7-5-3 (9) 9-3-2 (6) 1-4-5 (6) 7-11-2 (10) 12-8-3 (8) 11-4-3 (12) They have been relatively small fields & tonights field is only 11 in total. Of the races with 10 or more, the winner has come from one of the top 4 stalls, this could be coincidence. The 6f stats show a slightly different story with 67 of the 18 races won by stalls 1-3 & 6 won by the highest 3 stalls, leaving 6 to win from those in between. As its the 5f we are concentrating on, i watched the 5f sprint held last week where there was a very fast pace set by Harry up, & eventually the 1st 4 home were hold up horses inclduing Memphis man who is out again tonight. I am still on the side of Matterofact as the draw is the only negative for it. However, i am also on the side of Memphis Man & Dancing wave & these 3 may well make up a nice looking tricast combo! Matterofact win @ 9/2 best price Skybet Memphis Man & Dancing wave in a combo tricast:ok

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July 8.00 I see this race between the the 2 market leaders Buzzword (Godolphin) & Red Badge (Hannon) both of which ran green on debut but capable of landing a maiden this season. Pity they have to come up against each other tonight! Both are drawn high as is Imperial Warrior from Hughie Morrisons yard which i think could also have a hand in the finish after a decent effort last time out. Will watch the race with interest as Michael Jarvis bloods an arab owned horse in Yaa Wayl & Knight brings out a horse by Dubai Destination named Flying destination, these are both drawn low & could be the best of the others. so field down to 5. Buzzword & Red badge likely winners ew chance Imperial warrior ones to watch yaa wayl & Flying destination

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July Windsor 21.00 Hollow Green has progressed here this season winning 3 from 3, twice over tonights trip and all three times with Cathy Gannon in the saddle. Up 6lbs for the latest win but loves it round here on fast going think the price is to big to be ignored.:ok Available @ 9/1 with Ladbrokes

8.30 race Romany Princess actually won off OR 80 at Lingfield on the AW over a mile last november, race report advised it raced keenly. Looking at its turf runs, ran well in a handicap at Newbury in May 08 over 7f finishing 3rd, again raced keenly. Its only turf run this season came at newmarket over 7f where it came 8th of 11 but was well backed from 16's to 9s. Significantly,the horse has been well supported in a number of its runs, in 8 of its last 12 races, SP has been shorter than its opening price. Any significant money should be noted. Combination of Hannon/Hughes should always be feared at Windsor. Lyceana won a maiden at Great Leighs last year beating some horses that have won since, therefore that form holds up well. Handicapper has only dropped the horse 1lb & perhaps that isnt enough at this stage on what it has produced to date. Spring adventure is visored for the 1st time & i do like horses that have run well at Newmarket especially in maidens. The horse won an AW maiden at Lingfield comfortably but hasnt yet performed on the handicap stage. Trianer Dunlop is not in the best of form at the moment though. Confused by the ratings on sportinglife.com now as they have topweight with an OR off 77 & Spring adventure off same mark but getting 9lb weight allowance. I assume there is a 3yo weight for age allowance, didnt relaise it was that much ! Will come back to this race later.
started this race earlier, & with the 3yo's in receipt of 8lb weight for age, this could well be their chance of winning this. Respite has the best form & 5th behind Magaling is no disgrace. Its 2nd to fantasia on debut last year stands out. The trip should not be a problem either, my only doubt is the time it has taken to come back out on turf, which is my only concern. Barry Hills is always capable of springing a surprise but Chateauneuf isnt good enough to beat these on what we have seen so far. Penzena is closely matched with Lyceana on recent form & i dont think the winner will come from these 2. Diapason made all last time out to win a 7f race & employing similar tactics here has worked all season for those in the front rank, if able to tank along, will be the one to pass. Tinshu won here last month but has to race off 4lb higher mark, that was over 2f longer than this trip & the handicapper may have stopped that one for now. Respite & Diapason are the 2 i would take but although Romany Princess has top weight & has to concede the weight to these 3yo's, the 8/1 with Betfred looks inviting & will cover EW. Respite & Diapason likely winners Best EW price Romany princess 8/1 Betfred

Windsor 21.00 Hollow Green has progressed here this season winning 3 from 3, twice over tonights trip and all three times with Cathy Gannon in the saddle. Up 6lbs for the latest win but loves it round here on fast going think the price is to big to be ignored.:ok Available @ 9/1 with Ladbrokes
I've also backed this horse, was guna post it up later. Cant believe the price is that hight in a 5 horse race, as well as form as good as hers at Windsor.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July i tipped up Hollow Green last time out when you could get 20's, it returned 16's. it has figures of 1-1-1 here this season winning off 52, 59 & 61. Has to race off 67 here so thats 15lb higher than its 1st win. Each win has come when the horse has been held up & swooped in the final 2f to win. The horse has never won in this class hence the price, also with a lady jockey, the price always seems bigger. Plymouth Rock is destined for better things & could be a group horse, should win this if that is true. Looking at the others i see no reason why Hollow Green cant chase it home tonight which may make a nice forecast :ok

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July BLESSED PLACE 6.30 Windsor. 0.5 points each way. Not at his best recently, but I'm not going to write him off just yet. Drops to a mark of 57 which would give him leading claims on the best of his recent efforts, and with him having a tendecy to bounce out fast and try to make all, he may just give them the slip this evening. Trip and ground's not a concern and the price is there to take advantage of.

i tipped up Hollow Green last time out when you could get 20's, it returned 16's. it has figures of 1-1-1 here this season winning off 52, 59 & 61. Has to race off 67 here so thats 15lb higher than its 1st win. Each win has come when the horse has been held up & swooped in the final 2f to win. The horse has never won in this class hence the price, also with a lady jockey, the price always seems bigger. Plymouth Rock is destined for better things & could be a group horse, should win this if that is true. Looking at the others i see no reason why Hollow Green cant chase it home tonight which may make a nice forecast :ok
I tipped it same day in BBOTD, i'm thinking (more hoping) Noseda's horse being given a mark of 82 going into its handicap debut is a bit beyond him. Nothing came out that maiden to frank his form and he was a slight drifter on the day. Good shout on the forcast though had a little reverse on that:ok

Re: Windsor Mon eve 13th July Well there goes my placepot, Respite ran a shocker. Gone with Hollow Green in the last mainly down to the great form she has at Windsor. Now Featherweight has been withdrawn, there goes the E/W so i'm not all the confident with 2 other strong competitors out there. Hopefully she can step up in grade once again and turn in a career best performance.