Best bet of the day - Sat - 11/7/09

2.35 York I think the pace could come from stalls 15 (Billy Dane) and 8 (Fesko) but that the stronger pace may be towards the low drawn numbers so I've looked for one drawn low here. Tartan Gigha was a monster price at Royal Ascot in the Buckingham Palace Stakes and ran too badly to be true, but if he can bounce back then he has a good chance here. He was drawn high in that race and all of the first three home were drawn in the lowest third of the field, so hopefully that run can be ignored on that basis. Prior to that he hacked up in an Epsom handicap in this grade, a win that looks all the more impressive in view of the Bunbury Cup result today as Plum Pudding chased him home in that Epsom race and went on to win off 105 at Newmarket this afternoon. Tartan Gigha is suited fine by the trip, and is probably okay going wise unless the heavens open tomorrow morning as all of his form has come on good ground or quicker. I think he should be able to track his stablemate Fesko here and give himself a chance inside the closing stages. The yard are in decent nick which is another plus. EW.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.