Haydock 4th July

3:30 Haydock Park: Laterly - 25/1 Ladbrokes Seems to come to hand at this time of the year. THere are obviously plenty here with chances but most of those are nowhere near 25/1 so as ever I shall go for what I see as value. Tate is not a big yard but knows how to win races last this and had a good winner last night so there is obviously nothing wrong with the inmates at present

Re: Haydock 4th July 2.55 Flame of Gibraltar 3/1 lad 10 pts High Heeled could be tough to beat but the ground is likely to be as quick as she wants it and for she didn’t prove conclusively she got the trip at Epsom, she saw it out ok but a couple of furlongs out I thought she would go on and win and then slightly faltered for me. So it could be a race wide open and I like this improving filly. She has stepped up run after run and clearly is going the right way, second in a maiden, then an easy winner and then a big step up to a second in a group 2. Any sort of further improvement which is very possible, brings her very close today and she looks set to run a big race. 3.30 Love Galore 20/1 bet3 bog 5 pts e.w A bit of a wildshot here but one who has conditions seemingly to suit and could strike off a mark that he was successful off at good last year in a very similar kind of race. Since that day his form has been mediocre and included a spell in dubai at the start of the year where bar one run he was below par. At Epsom at the start of the year he could never get into a race. However he has shown in the past that when there is a fair bit of pace in a race, he can fly home late on with decent ground granted and he has that seemingly today, he is back to 93 which he won off in that good race and he may have an outside chance of surprising here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.