Best Bet of the Day 24th June

I need to post this tonight as I'm off early tomorrow with tickets on the Centre Court. Hope to return tomorrow night to find this one has lost. Carlisle 2:00 Trailblazing. 1 point LAY This 2-y-o was heavily backed first time out, but ran out of puff at the sharp end. It's a bit risky to put this up so far in advance of seeing how the prices move, but I suspect he will be heavily backed again because of the form of the yard's other youngsters and also his breeding. Indeed, looking at the price in the early hours of this morning, some are already doing so. I've no doubt that in time he'll improve to win a race. But personally I think it's optimistic to believe that improvement will come soon enough on his second run based on his poor first effort, and with a few promising opponents in contention. The current price makes him an attractive lay.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 24th June MAJOR MAGPIE 3.35 Carlisle. 0.5 points each way. Hasn't been in the best of form, but last time he showed that he could be cming back to something like his best, and if producing that best today, then he has every chance off a mark of 78. The trip and ground shouldn't pose any problems and he has a decent draw to work from, so throw that in with Phillip Makin riding him instead of the shorter priced Kiwi Bay, and the 32s on Betfair would seem very attractive. Maybe Phillip Makin had no choice in the rides, but you have to feel he would've had some kind of say with checking previous rides etc. Anyhow, should be able to have the race run to suit and therefore has every chance at a very big price. I've had a little bit on at 32s (Betfair) already, so posting early as I think the price can only shorten to be honest. Might be wrong, but on all evidence that the race produces, I just can't see how these big prices cannot be snapped up, irrespective of the end result. Naturally all workings are on the basis that he's trying his hardest today!!!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.