Wimbledon

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon I´m thinking of Tsonga and Fish tomorrow... Fish @4,60 3-4/10 Betfair ( try to hedge in-play ) Should be worth a shot against Djokovic who couldn´t convince anyone by now, at least i am 90% sure that Djoko´s Price will be higher than the rediculus 1,28 on BF at some point during the match... Tsonga @1,60 7/10 Betfair Karlo has his own story on the grass, but Tsonga can also serve and should be able to create some opportunities here and then because Karlo and "playing" tennis can´t be used in one sentence... Could end 7/6 6/7 7/6 7/6 for Karlo, but any break by Tsonga will surely not be recaptured by Karlo.... So more 6/4 7/5 6/7 6/4 ish for Tsonga for me.. Opinions anyone?? MfG Arantxa

Re: Wimbledon

A few of my selections today: Gimeno-Traver to win set off Troicki @ Evens Great value here I feel. It's grass and most sets are competitive - no way G-Traver should be 5/1 to win the match. Troicki beat Dabul in straights but lost convincingly to Kiefer at Halle and really grass is not his best surface. G-Traver is a clay-courter naturally and throughout his career has mainly played on the dirt but a win over big-hitting Taylor Dent in round one will give him confidence and surely he can get close in most sets and snatch one.You can shoot me if Troicki wins in straight sets. As a side bet I just stuck a bit of cash on this aswell: Murray-Gulbis over 10.5 games first set @ 21/10 Gulbis has not really fulfilled the talent he showed a couple of years back but is still a dangerous player.He's been making all the right noises coming into this match and seems very positive - he hits big and I feel he may start strongly here.He also took a set off Murray last year at Queens and won the first set against Nadal at Wimbledon last year and pushed him hard that day.Just need him to come out fast and take his service games and I think he will. Confident of the first bet and stuck a small bit on the second for value really. Good Luck!
WIN LOSS Said I was confident of number 1 and Gimeno is currently 2-1 up.Second one was more speculative and Murray just had too much variety for Gulbis. :ok...back tomorrow with a few hopefully.

Re: Wimbledon Arantxa hadnt looked at tomorrows card but if Tsonga is that price I will gladly take it. Dr Ivo Karlovic is not a Grand Slam player and struggles big time over 5 sets.Can hold serve but returns like a girl to be honest and Tsonga should be able to hold and has far more variety for tie-breaks.I'd expect Tsonga win in 4 maybe 5. As for Mardy,he'll have chances.Djokovic is not playing well at all but Mardy plays very aggressive so is hit and miss.Might take this one in-play.

Re: Wimbledon Wimbledon... a joyous fortnight of top-notch tennis betting action, beautifully complimented with generous quantities of strawberries and Pimms. Lovely! Just as you sit down to take in an epic Federer match... RAIN STOPS PLAY! To confound the angst, ageing crooner, Cliff Richard, takes it upon himself to bellow out tunes from “Summer Holiday” followed by Andre Agassi repeats where the betting options are limited to say the least! Thanks! At the Betfair Arcade we thought we’d come prepared for the wet weather by offering you the chance to get a £5 free bet for every day it rains at Wimbledon this year

• Optin_uk.gif - You only need to do this once
  • Place real money bets totalling £5 or more in the Arcade during any day that it rains at Wimbledon* (bets during the whole of that day qualifies)
  • We’ll give you a £5 free bet to cheer you up

* Any day where play is stopped due to rain for 10 minutes or more, on all courts bar Centre Court and at any part of the scheduled playing day qualifies Please note that free bets earned during the first week (Mon 22nd June to Friday 26th June) will be credited on Monday 29th June. Free bets earned during the second week will be credited on Monday 6th July. The maximum total free bets for this promotion per customer is £25

5 DAY WEATHER FORECAST WIMBLEDON LONDON arrow.gif

Thursday - Partly Cloudy - 16% chance of rain. Friday - Rainy - 85% chance of rain Saturday - Partly Cloudy - 40% chance of rain Sunday - Partly Cloudy - 22% chance of rain Monday - Cloudy - 63% chance of rain.

Might be a use for some of you on BF. Nothing to lose.

Re: Wimbledon lol - did del potro really lose today? considering i had him in my glory hunt to simply take a set at 5-4 down and watching hewitt serve for the match, when del potro broke back (at least thats what flashscore.com told me) i was already celebrating and then he gets rebroken another one to add to my bottler list alongside james blake and jo wilfried tsonga and to confound matters michael jackson has passed away - so the tickets my cousin purchased are to no avail i just cannot catch a break - lol

Re: Wimbledon I'll once again stick to Vesnina @ 1.85 and go against Cibulkova.Vesnina looked very confident in the past two rounds where she was the dog winning the both matches easily and in big style against quality opponents.She's underrated for this tournament because her game was in small crisis and had some disappointing results this season but still was able to beat Cibulkova two times in that period on surfaces that suits much better to Slovakian than today's.Cibulkova was priced 1.3 for the two meetings this year against Vesnina and played two even matches,lost them both(second with injury).Her game is crapy on grass.Vesnina looks really confident and concentrated on her matches,has much better grass-play than her opponent and I see her going far this Wimby but now is priced as she is but still value in this generous price IMO. Tsonga is absoultely no value against boring Ivo who has average of 2 aces per game,in my eyes.Will be hard to brake that serve and TB's should decide,with that I would rather be on the bigger price.Staying away,for now:D :unsurewill Soderling cover (-5.5) against Almagro.He sould be able to do that,tempted backing him but still not sure.GL all

Re: Wimbledon As Repunt said above Vesnina looks the way to go.Has beaten Cibulkova on different surfaces this year and has looked very comfortable at Wimbledon aswell. Cibulkova pulled out of the doubles a yesterday with back trouble and all in all isn't her best on grass. Vesnina to win @ 4/6 Bartoli to beat Schiavone @ 2/5 Price is a bit short but I expect Bartoli to come through this one.Schiavone is having a good championships but grass is her weakest surface while its Bartoli's favourite.She hits big and can certainly take this one. Robredo to beat Sela @ 8/11 Happy to take this aswell.Sela has never progressed further than this round and neither has Tommy - Sela has played quite well beating Schuettler comfortably but he looked disinterested after losing the first set tie-break.Tommy has had some really tough matches coming from 2 sets down to beat Koubek in the last round.Unlike Schuettler though,Robredo is pretty solid and is a fighter and the grass is notably slower this year so it suits him fairly well.Expect it to be tight and may go the full 5 sets. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
    Event Robredo T. - Sela D.
    Selection Sela D.(+3)
    Strength 10/10
    Date 26/06/2009
    Bookmaker/Price Fonbet @ 1.85 (Back)
    Reasoning Robredo T. 24.06.09 played with Koubek Stefan. He won, but played as heavy as lead and now his form not good. He played 5 sets and gave many physical forces. 22.06.09 he played with Gregorc Luka, which is not good player..and Robredo T. played four sets (!!!). Sela has a chance in a match. His form is good and lately he plays well. :hope

Re: Wimbledon My Feelins for today's matches S.Williams v R.Vinci Vinci looked impressive in beating Pavluchenkova in Rd.2 and has a game suited to grass with a good serve and backhand slice whereas we all know how strong the Williams are but I just feel if Vinci starts well she could make life uncomfortable for Serena and steal at set so the 7.50 at centrebet for 2-1 to Williams is a tempting bet. A.Seppi v I.Andreev Andreev all the way on this one 1.90 at centrebet he dismantled the experienced Spadea in straight sets last round while Seppi struggled over the line against Gicquel in 5 despite being 2-0 up, Andreev will be stronger in the ground rallys and has a better service game. I.Karlovic v JW Tsonga This is the most intriguing match of the day and everything depends on Karlovic's service game because if he's serving well it might aswell be best of 5 tie-breaks. Tsonga has an excellent all round game that's well suited to grass but will have a difficult time getting at the Karlovic serve and he does have a tendancy to get frustrated quite easily and something tells me this might be his day, I can see this going to 5 sets but couldn't see Karlovic having the weapons to break Tsonga, so Tsonga to win 3-2 7.00 with Stan James. Good Luck everybody:hope

Re: Wimbledon i reckon the first bet of the day is soderling minus 5.5!! almagro has shown uncharecteristic grit to come through to the third round in two marathon 5 setters!! especially beating monaco after losing first 2 sets on tiebreaks!! yet monaco has got no grass court pedigree at all and beck is an average performer really!! almagro is bound to be tired and though soderling hasnt been firing on all cylinders in first 2 rounds he showed good motivation and mental strength to get through and looks set to really find his groove!! he is simply a class ahead of almagros previous opponents and if he gets in front, its hard to see the likely tired almagro having enough to stay with him!! tip soderling minus 5.5!!!!

Re: Wimbledon also i quite fancy vinci with 6.5 handicap against serena!! there is an element of gamble with this bet coz when serena is capable of blowing most opponents away but i just think vinci has enough variety in her game to unsettle serena and keep her guessing!! she is in great form and beating rybarikova and pavlychenko in straights sets are very impressive results indeed!! 6.5 games si surely too big a handicap and i just think vinci is a bit underrated!! she also has good serve so might be worth a few free points to her!! im bit afraid of a 6-1 ,7-5 scoreline and hope serena doesntcome out absolutely all guns blazing but i just think its worth the chance!! tip- vinci plus 6.5, boyles 4-5!!

Re: Wimbledon Karlovic - Tsonga Tip: Home Odds 2.3 Karlovic feeling very well lately, and especially on grass is very hard to beat. On their very hard work losing points. Are now in front of a player rather ponderous, that does not handle well at all back, and I think it will have how to lose at least the first set, it is more concentrated. Tsonga and is a player that serves excellent. Now it has a player in front of 2 meters, which is very poor handle on the back, even if latterly develop and would have improved this chapter. However the fastest surface in the world is hard to make his break Tsonga. Karlova favorite play on the surface, this area is perfect for the style of play, he divided a lot of aces on service, and the netting is very fine, with very heavy loses and the other side servicul.De Tsonga served well, but like last time is out of form, he made many easy mistakes.

Re: Wimbledon Dulko - Petrova over 20,5 games World's number 45 Gisela Dulko of Argentina did not acquire too many new fans after she eliminated one of the crowd favorites Maria Sharapova on Wednesday. Despite Sharapova's recent injuries, this was the biggest upset so far in the ladies tournament at Wimbledon, and Dulko will now have a chance to extend her hot streak on Friday against another seeded player, world's number 10 Nadia Petrova. The Russian veteran is all business this year at the British Open, as she annihilated her first two opponents on this tournament without losing more than three games in a single set. Dulko is not much of a grass court player 24-year old Gisela Dulko has three WTA tournament wins to her name, including one last year, but she was always a player who prefers slower courts, and that is why her win against Sharapova came out as such a surprise. Dulko was solid in 2009 so far, finishing as a runner-up in Bogota, and reaching the quarterfinals on three other tournaments. However, Dulko was quickly eliminated just a week ago in the first round at Eastbourne, as is just 17:15 overall on grass, with her best result being the semifinals at Hertogenbosch, back in 2005. Interesting thing is that Dulko defeated her opponent today, Petrova, on that same tournament, in three sets. Dulko and Petrova are 2:2 in head to head matches, but the Russian has won the last two encounters without losing a set. Can Petrova finally make it on a Grand Slam tournament? Nadia Petrova is a notable part of the WTA tour for the last decade, and a successful performer with 9 singles titles in her career. She has reached the forth round of Wimbledon even as a teenager back in 2001,and lost to the eventual champion Venus Williams. Since then, she had a misfortune of running into some of the top favorites on this tournament year after year: eventual finalist Venus in 2003, Capriati in 2004, champion Sharapova in 2005, semifinalist Ivanovic in 2007, and Dementieva last year. Despite being a Top 15 player in her own right, Petrova just cannot seem to score a big win at Wimbledon, or advance further than the quarterfinals. At the age of 27, the time is running out for Petrova, so we wish her all the best this time around. Betting verdict All good things usually come in pairs, so Dulko has a decent chance to pull off another upset against Petrova. However, it will not be even remotely easy, so we are expecting a long match and a big fight here. Source Freebetting.net (Link approved by Paul Ross)

Re: Wimbledon Haas - Cilic Tip: Haas 1.7 Il meets Tommy Haas in the third round at Wimbledon on Marin Cilic of Croatia, a match that starts with the first neamt sansa.Haas are in very good form, he managing to win at Halle, where he played very well, succeeding wins the best players such as Tsonga, Novak Djokovic and Kohlschreiber. A fairly balanced match between two good players with strong work, Tommy Haas is ranked on position 35 in the ATP top while Marin Cilic on 13, will be a long match both players are good, though il give Tommy Haas favorite Marin Cilic is better positioned on top, nobody knows who will win, you will see on the ground when both players will give everything. Tommy Haas will win because the more relaxed and more motivated to fight. Probably the beginning of the season will drop hard enough as it is completely out of shape. Grass is not his strong point, that is clear, and if the service does not work and the victim is safe. Haas victory without right of appeal. __________________

Re: Wimbledon Razzano - Zvonareva Tip: Razzano Zvonareva is not showing so great on grass.After she didn't played any official match for 2 months she started the season on grass at Eastbourne where she lost in the first round against Amelie Mauresmo .At Wimbledon Vera defeated very hard Stoop in first round in 3 sets and after that she passed easy by Mathilde Johansson . Razzano reached the final last week at Eastbourne where she was defeated by Wozniacki in a very tight match(6-7, 5-7). There she defeated players as Cornet,Dementieva, Radwanska. A or Bartoli (who retired after first set and 1-o for Razzano).Here she had 2 easy matches against Paszek and Craybas.She serves a little strange :) but strong and most important she moves a lot in the field.h2h Razzano is leading 4-2 and the last 3 matches she defeated Vera but no match was played on grass. Razzano is big favorite for me .

My Feelins for today's matches S.Williams v R.Vinci Vinci looked impressive in beating Pavluchenkova in Rd.2 and has a game suited to grass with a good serve and backhand slice whereas we all know how strong the Williams are but I just feel if Vinci starts well she could make life uncomfortable for Serena and steal at set so the 7.50 at centrebet for 2-1 to Williams is a tempting bet. A.Seppi v I.Andreev Andreev all the way on this one 1.90 at centrebet he dismantled the experienced Spadea in straight sets last round while Seppi struggled over the line against Gicquel in 5 despite being 2-0 up, Andreev will be stronger in the ground rallys and has a better service game. I.Karlovic v JW Tsonga This is the most intriguing match of the day and everything depends on Karlovic's service game because if he's serving well it might aswell be best of 5 tie-breaks. Tsonga has an excellent all round game that's well suited to grass but will have a difficult time getting at the Karlovic serve and he does have a tendancy to get frustrated quite easily and something tells me this might be his day, I can see this going to 5 sets but couldn't see Karlovic having the weapons to break Tsonga, so Tsonga to win 3-2 7.00 with Stan James. Good Luck everybody:hope
    :welcome to PL Daz :ok. Cracking 1st post. Good luck with your bets :ok

Re: Wimbledon Vesnina came through a tough 3 setter with Cibulkova but Robredo is a set down after losing a tie-break - this one is a cert for 4 or 5 sets. Some win for Karlovic aswell over Tsonga - didnt have any cash on it and it was tough to watch with just serves but Ivo was incredible on serve...so many aces. Edit: Damn Robredo two sets down but a double break up in the third so still hope.Bartoli my last bet just lost first set tie-break..smallest of margins.Not looking good. Edit 2: Need Robredo to win to have profit for the day after Bartoli's loss .He broke in the 4th so hoping its heading to a 5th set. Darn Robredo loses 4th set 7-5 after leading 5-3. 1w-2l for the day.

Re: Wimbledon (6:7, 5:7, 6:2, 5:7) +++++++:clap:clap:clap

Sport Tennis
    Event Robredo T. - Sela D.
    Selection Sela D.(+3)
    Strength 10/10
    Date 26/06/2009
    Bookmaker/Price Fonbet @ 1.85 (Back)
    Reasoning Robredo T. 24.06.09 played with Koubek Stefan. He won, but played as heavy as lead and now his form not good. He played 5 sets and gave many physical forces. 22.06.09 he played with Gregorc Luka, which is not good player..and Robredo T. played four sets (!!!). Sela has a chance in a match. His form is good and lately he plays well. :hope

Re: Wimbledon Ferrero - Gonzalez At grass season Ferrero's performance is better than Gonzalez. He played good at Queen's. Also at this tournoment he played with harder opponents than Gonzalez. Gonzalez has no grass court success in his career. So , i think this match is %50 -%50. Probably, this match will end in 5 sets. Taking 2 sets from Gonzalez won't be problem for Ferrero. Ferrero +1.5 sets @1.85

Re: Wimbledon See good oportunies for Li Na and Ferrer to win their matches,taking them in a double @ 3.4. Li Na had two 'not real threat' opponents on her way to Aga and pass them comfortably,now will meet a player from her level and considering the form of both lately when Li was convincing on all of her matches from the start of the grass season not letting a single set to her opponents utill in Birmingham final faced Rybarikova, Radwanska was looking to find the rhythm on grass all the time and with the fall in her game on the last match showed she's strugling to find it and is really lucky to be here today after some dissapointing tennis played against Peng.Backed Li in Eastbourne three weaks ago against Aga at bigger odds when she resigned with some kind of injury,(obviusly small cause she looks 100% fit)not wanting to risk nothing when slam is coming and took my money then.With how the things stand ATM,I think that Li will pay me back.. Ferrer should have too much for hurted Stepo who was troubled big against average Starace and maybe he is lucky too to be here today knowing that he was broken in the fifth(like in three sets earlier)in that match.Ferrer compacted on Wimbledon much better and knows how big chance he has today,trails 3-2 H2H with no meeting on this surface so far..:hope that he'll use the chance! Lisicki @ 4.5 is worth of a small punt against Kuznetsova.Don't have any significant results on grass so far but posses a great talent,defeated the likes of Chakvetadze(1st round here),Bartoli,Wozniacki,Wozniak this year so why not to upset Kuzzy who for example lost on Eastbourne's grass to Wozniak 60 63 as preparation for Wimbledon.Looking for the upset in this one. Staying away from all the other matches,maybe Mauresmo but the odds are little bit short on that one.GL all

Re: Wimbledon One for me today. 3pts JC.Ferrero to beat F.Gonzalez 13/8 Ladbrokes The last match on Court 1 today has a very intriguing look about it. I don't see it being a quick match either as these two are pretty closely matched and their styles very similar. I think Ferrero could just have the edge though. He's enjoying a strong grass court season having made the semi finals at Queens and now this week where he's beaten 2 tough players in Youzhny and Santoro. Gonzalez has made the QF's here in the past but his game is much better suited to hard courts although even on a grass court that forehand has to be respected. I really like the way Ferrero, who hasn't been one for grass courts in the past, is playing at the minute. He's won the last two meetings between these two and I'll go for the Spaniard to make it a hat trick in this match.

Ferrero - Gonzalez At grass season Ferrero's performance is better than Gonzalez. He played good at Queen's. Also at this tournoment he played with harder opponents than Gonzalez. Gonzalez has no grass court success in his career. So , i think this match is %50 -%50. Probably, this match will end in 5 sets. Taking 2 sets from Gonzalez won't be problem for Ferrero. Ferrero +1.5 sets @1.85
    One for me today. 3pts JC.Ferrero to beat F.Gonzalez 13/8 Ladbrokes The last match on Court 1 today has a very intriguing look about it. I don't see it being a quick match either as these two are pretty closely matched and their styles very similar. I think Ferrero could just have the edge though. He's enjoying a strong grass court season having made the semi finals at Queens and now this week where he's beaten 2 tough players in Youzhny and Santoro. Gonzalez has made the QF's here in the past but his game is much better suited to hard courts although even on a grass court that forehand has to be respected. I really like the way Ferrero, who hasn't been one for grass courts in the past, is playing at the minute. He's won the last two meetings between these two and I'll go for the Spaniard to make it a hat trick in this match.
    Excellent stuff guys:clap:clap What a cracking match that was....just what Wimbledon is all about - fading light, enthusiastic crowd, 5 set thriller:ok. Gonzalez looked fav early in the 5th but failed to take advantage of break points and Ferrero came back strongly to take the match on a Gonzalez double fault. 13/8 for the win, super price Kev.

Excellent stuff guys:clap:clap What a cracking match that was....just what Wimbledon is all about - fading light, enthusiastic crowd, 5 set thriller:ok. Gonzalez looked fav early in the 5th but failed to take advantage of break points and Ferrero came back strongly to take the match on a Gonzalez double fault. 13/8 for the win, super price Kev.
    Couldn't agree more Russ. I know Murray was on the other side but I was glued to that match. Some really stunning points played there in a thoroughly enjoyable match, and I'd have still said that even had Gonzo won. That 3rd set was quality.

can someone please explain to me how berdych is favourite to beat davydenko today i simply cannot see a berdych win, and i most certainly cannot see davydenko failing to take a set laid berdych to win 3-0 @ 5.4
    wtf ok guys, next time i post a selection up here just go against what i am backing and you're sure to win big lol

Thank you very much RossP :ok Yes , you are right Wimledon is excellent tournoment. Another epic match is coming i think : Azarenka - S.Williams :)