Golf: US Open

Re: Golf: US Open i hope im wrong for u guys, but cant see mcdowell winning any major, just not good enough , especially this 1. in fact i think u would have to be aff yer heed to fancy any european this weekend, the tourney just doesnt suit. i may eat my words, but it is only my opinion. kim 7/4 and hamilton 15/8 1st rnd 3balls. all the best.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: US Open That's as maybe Johnnyboy but you can't argue with the clubhouse lead and a round of 69 for starters. I agree I don't think he's long enough to win this week but I wouldn't rule him out of winning an Open championship in the not too distant future.

Re: Golf: US Open End of 1st round and I’ve chosen to lay Garcia at 26, Cabrera at 210 and backed tiger at 6.05 to secure about a 1.75 pt profit on the winners market.

Re: Golf: US Open 1st double up, kim and hamilton both won 3 balls. i know its very early, but tiger wont win! plenty value else where. also lay weir all day, 1st rnd leaders usually silly prices at a very early stage.

Re: Golf: US Open First couple of days of this haven’t been easy with the interruptions and chance there could be some later today as well. Anyway I’m going to go for a couple of 3 balls for the second round guys who haven’t got going yet: T. Clark to beat Donald and Jenson 11/10 sj 10 pts I spoke positively about Clark in my outrights and he played ok in round 1, doing enough to win this 3 ball. He must have hit the ball quite well because he hit an impressive 14/14 fairways in regulations but he had quite a lot of puts in his 73. Generally his form is good and if he had to play in dodgy conditions, that wouldn’t be that bad a thing for a notoriously good bad weather golfer. Essentially it looks a straight shoot out between Clark and Donald unless the unknown Jenson steps up a lot on his first round and whilst both players are similar in style, Clark has the better form for me, the better first round and can take this 3 ball today. Pampling to beat Weekley and M.Campbell 6/5 sj 10 pts Pampling won this 3 ball easily on day 1 and can do so again. He isn’t a spectacular golfer and his results are not that impressive this season for all he has the odd effort now and again. However in this 3 ball he could be the best of a trio not in great form. Weekley on form would like US Open’s but he hasn’t had that good a run of form since the ryder cup and despite 3 better weeks on the trot, an injury forced him to withdraw the other week and judging by a poor first round 79 he could still be feeling some affects. Campbell struggled again in round 1 once again in a major and he hasn’t done anything since 2005 and is living off exemptions, Pampling for me. Sutherland to beat Duke and Lewis 5/6 sj 10 pts Sutherland shot a good 71 in tough conditions in round 1 and looks a fair fav for this uncompetitive 3 ball. Sutherland has made a lot of cuts this year without doing that much but he looks a little bit ahead of the rest here. Lewis is an unknown who struggled badly in round 1 with an 81 and Duke’s 76 hardly inspires confidence. Plus Duke’s average driving distance for round 1 was a paltry 211 yards and that really goes down in the very very short category and puts immense pressure on the rest of his game which in round 1 at least couldnt respond. Sutherland for me in this 3 ball.

Re: Golf: US Open

1st double up' date=' kim and hamilton both won 3 balls. i know its very early, but tiger wont win! plenty value else where. also lay weir all day, 1st rnd leaders usually silly prices at a very early stage.[/quote'] great value in laying Tiger for a top 10 finish pre tournament. He was @ 1.25. Small risk, high gain. Can I ask what 1pt equates to for each of you guys and approximately, what would a 1pt stake equate to for the average pro gamblers?

2nd rnd 3 ball treble. khan6/4' date=' sabbatini11/8 and vijay6/5.[/quote'] Good luck with these John, However one of the forum rules is to provide some explanation with your bets so in future when you post up bets can you give some explanation as to why you are backing them, as that can be help others decide re bets unlike a list of picks which gives no help at all. Doesn't have to be an essay, just a line or two will do :ok.

Good luck with these John' date=' However one of the forum rules is to provide some explanation with your bets so in future when you post up bets can you give some explanation as to why you are backing them, as that can be help others decide re bets unlike a list of picks which gives no help at all. Doesn't have to be an essay, just a line or two will do :ok.[/quote'] kev hows the golf going for you mate? got any info on phil mickelson for me mate? :D

End of 1st round and I’ve chosen to lay Garcia at 26, Cabrera at 210 and backed tiger at 6.05 to secure about a 1.75 pt profit on the winners market.

Great picking on the three balls Rain, I'm finding the 2nd round three balls a bit of a nightmare, ie; chad campbell +10 for the 1st round, currently -2 for his 2nd round after 10 holes, how could you possibly have backed him. ApoligiesI meant to qoute from your 3 Ball post for Kim and Hamilton

Re: Golf: US Open A lot of Golf still to go in this rain affected tournament. Looking at how drawn out the leaders are from the rest of the field you would have to say it will take a monumental effort from somebody in these conditions to reel in Barnes -8, Glover-7 & Weir-6. However we have seen it happen before where the leaders have an off day and somebody comes out of the clouds to win. Let's check out the 3 players way out in front and see if they can maintain this pace? Ricky Barnes is a journeyman who has been on the tour since 2000 with his best finish this year being last weeks St Jude finishing 47th. He missed all of 2001 on the tour. He has never won on the tour before and can't be considered a viable winner here. Lucas Glover is a good player but one would get the impression that he is always the best man and never the groom! He's had form this year 2nd at Quail Hollow and 3rd at The Buick but you have to go back to 2005 to find his last win on the tour which was the weirdly named FUNAI Classic at the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. Again I can't see him following this through to the bitter end. Mike Weir is an excellent player but oddly enough when I looked at his stats I was surprised to see that his last win on the tour was in 2007 The Fry's Open! His best finish this year was 2nd at the Pebble Beach and 3rd at the season opening Bob Hope. He always seems to be challenging in these majors recently but hasn't been able to carry it through! I have looked at these 3 players and I really think somebody is going to come out the pack to win this tournament. Who can be that person though? Phil Mickelson -1 (he's on the 2nd hole of his 3rd round) is in an ominous position lurking and I currently have him at EW @23.00 William hill at the start of the tournament. He's generally 10/1 with most bookies now. Sean O'Hair EW @18.00 Sporting Bet O'Hair-2 (2 rounds left to play) has been consistent all year he has missed the cut twice out of 12 this year and withdrew from his last tournament at the start of the month through food poisoning at the memorial. He won the Quail Hollow was 2nd in The Arnold Palmer where he got mugged on the line by Woods due to leading for so long and his misfortune was to run into a very bouyant Woods. I think O'Hair has a top chance of reeling these leaders in and is worth a shot at his odds. Ross Fisher EW @37.00 Sporting Bet Fisher-2 (2 rounds left to play) it is only a matter of time before he wins a tournament over in america because he is always there or there abouts. He is one of the top players on the European Tour and if he can convert that more into his game over the pond he could be one of the most likely to win a major for England. His best finish this year on the PGA was 4th at the Accenture Matchplay and is just too big odds to leave out. Oliver Wilson EW @127.00 Boylesports Wilson -1 (he's on hole 5 of his 3rd round) is a bright young player from these shores and I'm amazed at these odds. He has played 6 PGA tournaments this year and has 2 top 10 finishes his best being 5th at the WGC Championship. He is a delight to watch with the putter and if he can get his driving straight and true for the remainder of this tournament then his odds will look silly! Most Bookmakers go 1/5 odds 1,2,3,4 places now. :ok

Re: Golf: US Open What's with adding an extra pt to the prices Jonesy ;). Guaranteed Monday finish now with play put back to 5pm our time today. It'll be touch and go whether they start the 4th round today I would've thought. Certainly the leaders won't start the 4th round. I agree with Jonesy in part that this could well be won down the leaderboard. I'm happy enough with Furyk. If he can find a couple of shots and get in under par he won't be far away at the end of the 3rd round. I'll add one more to my bets. 1pt ew R.Goosen to win US Open 66/1 Sportingbet (1/5 1,2,3,4) Retief Goosen has won this event twice in the past and isn't in the worst position this year. He's level par overnight having played 5 holes of his 3rd round. Having only dropped one shot in his last 23 holes, the South African is clearly enjoying this course at the minute, especially when you consider he's picked up 4 birdies in that time. The Goose has had a decent enough year winning the Transitions and being 3rd at Pebble Beach. His last few weeks have been solid if not spectacular but he's clicked this week so far. He'll be out on the course when play begins and should get the best of the conditions, particularly as the greens will get harder to putt on as the day goes on and if he can find a couple of shots in the last 13 holes he'll put himself in a good position for a tilt at the title on Monday.

Re: Golf: US Open I NEVER add extra points to any prices I post up, these are the prices that were readily available Kev! If your intimating about the @127.00 IT WAS 126/1 - @18.00 WAS 17/1 - @37.00 WAS 36/1 AT Sporting Bet & Boylesports! CHECK YOUR FACTS KEV BEFORE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF AGAIN!!! ;)

Re: Golf: US Open Facts like this eh Jonesy............. ;)

21/06/2009 11:26 BST2314221255.00 GBPSingle0.00 GBPGolfUS Open S.O'Hair 16/1Open
Anyway, Furyk went tits up yesterday which is surprising but Goosen is still in there for me tied for 8th. Could've done without Woods levelling him late last night but such is life. I think he's playing for place money for me anyway as I've a feeling Lucas Glover could win this by a few shots.

Re: Golf: US Open Yeah Kev, FACTS taken from one of the sites advertised right here on PL ODDS-COMPARISON.CO.UK!!! If you don't believe me go speak to them about it and then come back on here and APOLOGISE...however that will never happen will it Kev, like a previous disagreement on PL when I blew your unfounded post for what it was, in being utter bollocks just like now! :@

Facts like this eh Jonesy............. ;)
21/06/2009 11:26 BST2314221255.00 GBPSingle0.00 GBPGolfUS Open S.O'Hair 16/1Open
Anyway, Furyk went tits up yesterday which is surprising but Goosen is still in there for me tied for 8th. Could've done without Woods levelling him late last night but such is life. I think he's playing for place money for me anyway as I've a feeling Lucas Glover could win this by a few shots.

Re: Golf: US Open Fair enough Jonesy. They are just guide prices though so it's best to still go to the bookie site. Saying that, you'd have had to have gone to the sportingbet site to have backed him so you'd have still seen he was only 16/1 (as my bet slip shows). It doesn't matter much now though because he isn't winning anything :(.

Facts like this eh Jonesy............. ;)
21/06/2009 11:26 BST2314221255.00 GBP Single0.00 GBPGolfUS Open S.O'Hair 16/1 Open
Did you not back him Kev :unsure

Come on Glover ive backed him at 200/1 !!!!!
Errrrmmmmm thanks for after eventing............ Great US Open as always, today was excellent viewing. A shame that Mickelson couldn't have won it, he deserves one of these. Well done Glover, although felt a bit flat inthe end with the crowd et al, I guess it always does when a relative unknown wins a major.