Staking Plan Required for Profitable Selections Process

Hi People, I am new to the forum and have quite a specific issue. I have been making selections for a number of weeks now using a ratings system which I have devised. I have made a total of around 1700 selections over the last 6 weeks across around 40 leagues. Encouragingly, I have made a profit of around 10% at level stakes and have achieved a Chi Square rating of over 10 which theoretically means that there is more than a 99% probability of my positive results not being due to a lucky spell. Now that I am comfortable that the rating system is working sufficiently to gain an edge over the bookmakers, I would like to pay some attention to my staking system in order to maximise my profits whilst maintaining a reasonable level of risk. Is there anyone out there who could help me with this? I have an extensive spreadsheet of my results which I would be willing to share with anyone who is interested for their own use or to help me. It has all results and odds so would give an opportunity to simulate any staking plans and analyse the results. Please respond if you are interested about staking plans so that we can discuss. Not quite sure of the best way to send my file; probably by email so please PM me your address and I will send it across. Kind regards JF

Re: Staking Plan Required for Profitable Selections Process No email, for the same reason as no PM's for newcomers. If you want people to be able to contact you privately then put your email in your profile. jazzfish, you should be able to upload the spreadsheet as attachment, otherwise i can do it for you. As far as staking plan i think you'll have a pretty hard time finding anything better that simply a fixed % of your running bank. The % depending on the amount of risk you are up for and the expected yield.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Staking Plan Required for Profitable Selections Process jazzfish,im new here also, but a good stakeing system is a percentage of your bank,ie 1 percent of a £1000 bank would be a slow but easy way to start, another way is if you dont have a £1000 spare use say £200 bank(betfair is good for this) move 4/5ths to the aussie bank and bet 10 percent of the £40 left when doubled 1.e £80 makeing your over all bank £250 keep 1/5 of that to bet with £48 if double again good,if you hit a loseing run the most you can lose is a fith of your bank,if this is the case use a fith of the remaining bank (should win in the long run if your strike rate is correct)

Re: Staking Plan Required for Profitable Selections Process Just a mark here. If you are going to win now, you probably will win later too. If your system is good enough, of course. So if I was on your place I would start with some really slow and low risk system (something like 1% of the bank on every bet) and if the system prove itself then :) just smile and continue. But I will not risk at all. We have many years to bet and live :)