stpokered staking challenge

stpokered

Hi guys, just finished my medical finals at uni so back to playing a lot of poker. For my first staking request i have decided to make it unique- NO RISK ;)....

• Name: Edward Slack (stpokered)
  • Stake Requested: $0
  • Event/Tournament: 20 heads up stts on pokerstars
  • Offer: I GUANRANTEE your stake will be returned plus 30% of profit (profit divided between all shareholders equally depending on how many shares have been bought)
  • Date of Event/Tournament: As soon as shares bought will play 20 heads up stts in 3 days.

Please check out my stats on sharkscope, and the unique aspect to this request is that i guarantee no loss to your stake (if for a very strange reason i make a loss i guarantee to return your full stake) The reason for this unique request is a) to get respect and interest by you all b)Hopefully get further staking in the future (i plan to play a couple of wsop events this year) Max number of shares each is 2 (please send to stpokered on pokerstars)and i will begin the heads up stt when all stakes have been sent. I will post results after each hu stt here Upon acceptance of my stake request, I (Edward Slack) agree to play the above tournament and pay out each share of any winnings within 7 days I understand and agree that my staking request is an agreement between myself and my staker/stakers and Punterslounge.com will not have any liability for any disputes between the parties involved

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: stpokered staking request

Hi Karl, For four years i have successfully been playing tournies with $55k profit ($6k appt seat, eccop2 ft for $3k, vc champs 4th for $5k, qualified for prague poker pallooza, won 3 conequative mtts on betfred for $3k bonus, betfred mtt leaderboard winner 2008 for $1k bonus, $50 mtt win for $3k, etc etc). All screenshots can be shown for the above or links sent. Also developing hu game with over $2k profit on pokerstars stts However in last 2 months have moved over to cash games on pkr. Play $1/$2 and have $5 profit in 2 months. I would be very interested to be staked and mentored by you. I am certainly dedicated to play way over 15 over hours a week Looking forward to hearing from you Ed stpokered
user_online.gifreport.gif
If you are $60k up why do you need $420?

Re: stpokered staking request Dunno why , but something dosent sit right with me on this one. Your a massive winner yet get staked for minor events, make less than 1 post per week and wait til your 6 months are up before posting a stake request.

Re: stpokered staking request First of all no i dont NEED $420, i was doing this stake request to get respect and further staking for live events like the wsop. Secondly i have not posted on here for ages due to finishing my medical finals which i have been dedicated soley to for months. I am disappointed in your lack of belief so here are links and screenshots http://www.vcpoker.com/community/prague-poker-palooza/event1.htm http://www.betfred.com/poker/static/haydockparkmtt_leaderboard.htm http://www.1917poker.com/en/ecoop2_day9.html http://www-srv-3.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318578&page=2224 I will sit at $25/$50 on pkr with max buy in ( $5k)for the next halfa an hour if anyone wants to drop by and say hello and see that i am 100% genuine who was simply doing this for the reasons stated in first post

Re: stpokered staking request Quote "However in last 2 months have moved over to cash games on pkr. Play $1/$2 and have $5 profit in 2 months" ...... this may be a more accurate reflection ......:loon I would be very wary as I agree with you Morls.... and as if by magic ....

Quote "However in last 2 months have moved over to cash games on pkr. Play $1/$2 and have $5 profit in 2 months" ...... this may be a more accurate reflection ......:loon I would be very wary as I agree with you Morls.... and as if by magic ....
Hilarious! Please log onto pkr now if you dont believe me or check out the links.

Re: stpokered staking request I think you'd have been better off asking for a smaller stake rather than $420 straight off if you wanted to prove yourself If you look at it from the members point of view, you're offering a no risk deal - that looks too good to be true and members are bound to be wary of that, especially after what's happened recently. To be honest, my personal point of view is that you shouldn't be allowed to offer people their money back at all, it's not really a stake then, it's more like a loan. You can post up as many tourney results as you like but the fact that people don't know you and you haven't been very active on here (for whatever reason) means that there is always going to be that lack of trust! :ok

Re: stpokered staking request I think you'd have been better off asking for a smaller stake rather than $420 straigh toff if you wanted to prove yourself If you look at it from the members point of view, you're offering a no risk deal - that looks too good to be true and members are bound to be wary of that, especially after what's happened recently. To be honest, my personal point of view is that you shouldn't be allowed to offer people their money back at all, it's not really a stake then, it's more like a loan. You can post up as many tourney results as you like but the fact that people don't know you and you haven't been very active on here (for whatever reason) means that there is always going to be that lack of trust! Thanks Gaz appreciate this post. Looking at it from this view i totally understand what you mean. New stake request to hopefully get respect is i will pay 30% of my winnings in my next 20 hu stts to the next 10 people to reply in this thread (all doubters are obviously ommitted.) You can be first guy for 2 free shares :)

I think you'd have been better off asking for a smaller stake rather than $420 straight off if you wanted to prove yourself If you look at it from the members point of view, you're offering a no risk deal - that looks too good to be true and members are bound to be wary of that, especially after what's happened recently. To be honest, my personal point of view is that you shouldn't be allowed to offer people their money back at all, it's not really a stake then, it's more like a loan. You can post up as many tourney results as you like but the fact that people don't know you and you haven't been very active on here (for whatever reason) means that there is always going to be that lack of trust! :ok
Thanks Gaz appreciate this post. Looking at it from this view i totally understand what you mean. New stake request to hopefully get respect is i will pay 30% of my winnings (shares are now free) in my next 20 hu stts to the next 10 people to reply in this thread (all doubters are obviously ommitted.) You can be first guy for 2 free shares :)

Thanks Gaz appreciate this post. Looking at it from this view i totally understand what you mean. New stake request to hopefully get respect is i will pay 30% of my winnings in my next 20 hu stts to the next 10 people to reply in this thread (all doubters are obviously ommitted.) You can be first guy for 2 free shares :)
Nice One! Excellent Offer! :clap So are you going to post up Tourney ID's when you are playing each game so us lucky people can watch you in action? :unsure

Nice One! Excellent Offer! :clap So are you going to post up Tourney ID's when you are playing each game so us lucky people can watch you in action? :unsure
Can do! Will post results in this thread then will pay out 30% profit to the first 10 people to write below when the 20 hu stts are complete. Obviously will start the hu stts when 9 more people sign up for the 'freeroll' :)

Thanks Gaz appreciate this post. Looking at it from this view i totally understand what you mean. New stake request to hopefully get respect is i will pay 30% of my winnings (shares are now free) in my next 20 hu stts to the next 10 people to reply in this thread (all doubters are obviously ommitted.) You can be first guy for 2 free shares :)
Good offer...... (excellent offer actually) Don't include me in the 10 btw.... not because Im a doubter, but more to the fact Im not a staker (YET), so if its respect to be staked into big tournies you are looking for, then the big stakers are the ones you have to be trying to attract IMO.....

Good offer...... (excellent offer actually) Don't include me in the 10 btw.... not because Im a doubter, but more to the fact Im not a staker (YET), so if its respect to be staked into big tournies you are looking for, then the big stakers are the ones you have to be trying to attract IMO.....
I will include you in offer as i dont care if you are not a staker, and am glad you have the decency to reply. 8 people left to go

Re: stpokered staking request Changed title to staking challenge it still has a link from staking for 24hrs and easy enough to find for future reference.Once complete it may be moved back to staking for a period. Most of the regulars who stake players cover most of the forums in poker anyway,so it wont be missed.

Ok (or could you change stake requesting to $0)?

Changed title to staking challenge it still has a link from staking for 24hrs and easy enough to find for future reference.Once complete it may be moved back to staking for a period. Most of the regulars who stake players cover most of the forums in poker anyway,so it wont be missed.
Thanks Guppie, Added you to list of shareholders. 7 left

Re: stpokered staking challenge Ok, personally, I thought that would have been the most sensible approach in the first place - why ask for money when there is the potential to give it back, but thats beside the point. Here is where I stand: I dont know if you are for real or not, but as you have offered something no risk, members of PL have nowt to lose. However, if you are for real, I am not comfortable with taking something for nothing. So, I will take you up on the offer of 30% of winnings, but if there are any returns, I will use that money to stake you in a bigger event - sound fair? Will be back on tomorrow if you need clarification, but right now, I'm shattered :ok

Re: stpokered staking challenge I never said i doubted your wins mate, just that something didn't sit right with the whole thing. The offer you have made is very generous to any one who wants to take you up on it. I wasn't a doubter but don't want a free be either. Best of luck for your games.

Re: stpokered staking challenge Ed, maybe it's better to earn trust by being a more active member of this forum? But looking at your history I wonder if this place would be able to stake you for the big games you normally play. Think you'd be more at home at ChipMeUp or 2+2 for staking :\

Re: stpokered staking challenge

Ok, personally, I thought that would have been the most sensible approach in the first place - why ask for money when there is the potential to give it back, but thats beside the point. Here is where I stand: I dont know if you are for real or not, but as you have offered something no risk, members of PL have nowt to lose. However, if you are for real, I am not comfortable with taking something for nothing. So, I will take you up on the offer of 30% of winnings, but if there are any returns, I will use that money to stake you in a bigger event - sound fair? Will be back on tomorrow if you need clarification, but right now, I'm shattered :ok
Totally agree with you mate. And yes looking back and i was in your position i would be sceptical! And your offer sounds great :) 6 to go, the challenge/freeroll will begin tomorrow