Right to call or not?

staffy

PokerStars Game #28644802320: Tournament #166845650, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2009/05/26 19:09:39 WET [2009/05/26 14:09:39 ET] Table '166845650 3' 9-max Seat #2 is the button Seat 2: ickeDerDicke (3525 in chips) Seat 3: jacki chan1 (950 in chips) Seat 4: staffyPL (1440 in chips) Seat 5: Dinoswiss (1545 in chips) Seat 6: shaynec (1925 in chips) Seat 7: storm555 (750 in chips) Seat 8: smout40 (3350 in chips) Seat 9: jakad (1135 in chips) jacki chan1: posts small blind 15 staffyPL: posts big blind 30 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to staffyPL [Kc Jc] Dinoswiss: folds shaynec: folds storm555: calls 30 smout40: calls 30 jakad: raises 120 to 150 ickeDerDicke: folds jacki chan1: folds staffyPL: calls 120 storm555: folds smout40: calls 120 *** FLOP *** [Th 5c Qc] huibje29 is connected staffyPL: bets 210 smout40: raises 1230 to 1440 jakad: calls 985 and is all-in staffyPL: calls 1080 and is all-in Uncalled bet (150) returned to smout40 *** TURN *** [Th 5c Qc] [Kd] *** RIVER *** [Th 5c Qc Kd] [5d] *** SHOW DOWN *** staffyPL: shows [Kc Jc] (two pair, Kings and Fives) smout40: shows [5h 5s] (four of a kind, Fives) smout40 collected 610 from side pot jakad: shows [Qd Qs] (a full house, Queens full of Fives) smout40 collected 3450 from main pot storm555 said, "nh" *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 4060 Main pot 3450. Side pot 610. | Rake 0 Board [Th 5c Qc Kd 5d] Seat 2: ickeDerDicke (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: jacki chan1 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 4: staffyPL (big blind) showed [Kc Jc] and lost with two pair, Kings and Fives Seat 5: Dinoswiss folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: shaynec folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: storm555 folded before Flop Seat 8: smout40 showed [5h 5s] and won (4060) with four of a kind, Fives Seat 9: jakad showed [Qd Qs] and lost with a full house, Queens full of Fives

Re: Right to call or not? With a 2nd nut flush draw and an upndown straight draw, you are looking at 15 outs, so you are odds on with two cards to come. You are getting just short of 2.5:1 odds, so I think I'm calling everytime here. Only major concern is if someone has 2 clubs to the A (which they didn't ;)). I think you were just unlucky

Re: Right to call or not? yeah i would have called on that flop,okay you might have a nut flush to worry about but i still would have taken that sort of chance to treble thru:ok. not so sure of the preflop call tho,if i was the second player to call then maybe i would(like pocket 5s guy) but i wouldnt be so interested to play it possibly hu and oop.

Re: Right to call or not? Whenever I look down at a flush and outside straight draw on the flop, as is the case here, 53% flashes across my mind. I don't know where that came from :unsure but I think you are 53% to complete the hand...so it looks like a pretty much straight forward call to me.

Re: Right to call or not?

not so sure of the preflop call tho,if i was the second player to call then maybe i would(like pocket 5s guy) but i wouldnt be so interested to play it possibly hu and oop.
+1 The call preflop is pretty questionable, and i personally think is a fold everytime, however, you made the call and took a look at that monster flop so... It was the right call POSTFLOP (besides.. you had MASSIVE pot odds after those two guys went allin) Regards