Darts: Premier League Play-offs

Re: Darts: Premier League Play-offs Hopefully a great night's darts in store tonight! A couple for me: Taylor to win the Premier League @ 4/11 Doesn't really need much explanation really. The price is short, but Taylor is different class. This is his tournament, and Merv King is generally Taylor's bitch. No doubt he will be talking up his non-existent A game, but Taylor will beat King in this format 19 times out of 20. Then in the final he is set to face either Barney or Wade. Here again I think it will be the same old story - they will keep it tight for 6 legs or so, and then realise who they are playing/Taylor raises his average and pulls away. Best darts player ever and is generally madness to back against him. Barney to beat Wade @ 11/10 Normally I always back Wadey to take out Barney, be it outright or on the handicap. However, he is usually a decent priced underdog and I believe he has a pretty decent record against Barney overall. I may be wrong, but this is the first time Wade is going in as favourite against Barney as far as I know. Wade is the better player without doubt, but it will be interesting to see how this will affect him. Barney as underdog has arguably less pressure on him, and he has been here before many a time. He has been pretty poor by his own standards lately, and very inconsistent. However if he manages to find his game then 11/10 will look very big at the end of the night. Wade himself can be very erratic and I'm just hoping that Barney will have one of those night's where things go right for him and he checks out the doubles. Plus you always have the added bonus of hoping that Wade is hammered by the time he gets on, in which case Barney should win well!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.