Best bet of the day 23/05/09

2.35 Haydock - Carcinetto I picked this horse about a week ago in the Ripon Handicap and unfortunately came in 4th. Today is almost the same race at Nottingham and he came 2nd to Less than Humility who is clearly going to win. The rest however should come in behind carcinetto as he's beaten them all before. Angus Newz cam in 5th lto behind him, all the others in the Notts race who came behind him have no reason to do any better and Aine beat him in 08 I think but was some 7lbs light and today is on the same. This price is disguistingly high at 75s on Betfair and definitely worth an EW.

Re: Best bet of the day 23/05/09 Recharge - Curragh 3.45 - WIN (for compeition purposes) I'm not convinced Delegator will go on heavy ground and I'm not convinced Mastercraftsman is top class over 1m and on this ground. There must be value elsewhere and bookies are aware of the progressive Rayeni that is around 4-1. Unbeaten at two and both wins on soft ground, lightly raced, highly progressive and could be one to watch this season. The one i'm interested in at double figures is Recharge, it is also lightly raced, having only had 3 races but one of those was when only a one length 4th to Guineas winner Sea The Stars at this track. It won on its seasonal reappearance on good to firm in a Group 3 race, defeating the Dewhurst winner Intense Focus. This horse looks a decent sort and if the trainer was O Brien it would probably be half those odds. Should go on this ground and looks value against the 2 market leaders. I could see Drumbeat being the best O Brien horse in this race, hopefully not better than this one.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.