Live Games in South Wales

evilfook

yeah will do mate i have been playing at virgin for years but never knew of this forum but will be sticking round now i have found it. is there any live torneys round are neck of the woods as i did inquire about lppl but there was nothing in this area at time? certainly up for the old beers lol

Re: The Independent - Virgin Poker League No there's nothing mate I've tried my hardest to get games going. There was apoker club in Merthyr but it never took off. They've started a game on a Monday in the Connie in Tredegar every couple of weeks has averaged about 12 so far.

Re: The Independent - Virgin Poker League theres a place by ystrad mynach a pub that had a big banner outside advertising poker nights, dont know if that kicked off at all but i will investigate to see. shame really think its more to do with player numbers than anything be good to get something local thats worth the hassle and the recesion does no favours for the pub industry.

Re: The Independent - Virgin Poker League

Unyet there's no shortage of people playing 3 card brag mate. Pop in th Cambrian on a weekend and see the amounts exchanging hands. Regular 4 figure sums being done.
never been into 3 card brag but worth learning i think. will find a spot to practice and thats well worth considering especially if it draws in the crowd.

Re: The Independent - Virgin Poker League Not so much bluffing but when there's a few players involved cheating is easy. You can't call a player who hasn't opened up his cards so if you have 2 mates involved and the one who has looked at his has good cards it's going to get very costly. That probably sounds like gobbledygook to you but you'll understand once you start playing.

Not so much bluffing but when there's a few players involved cheating is easy. You can't call a player who hasn't opened up his cards so if you have 2 mates involved and the one who has looked at his has good cards it's going to get very costly. That probably sounds like gobbledygook to you but you'll understand once you start playing.
i am just scanning over a wiki on 3 card brag i can see what you mean as if i am right does the showdown only involve 2 players at the end and one with best hand wins and if its a draw the player seeing loses. gonna def get to know this game :rollin:rollin like any game once you get the ropes practice n time makes perfect until a donk comes along a ruins your day :cry

Re: The Independent - Virgin Poker League Guys, we were at Aspers in Swansea this weekend and it looks like they've got some decent games on there, if that's not too far away for you. Plus they're doing cheap food at the moment - 99p a meal :loon (that's my kind of place :ok)

Guys' date=' we were at Aspers in Swansea this weekend and it looks like they've got some decent games on there, if that's not too far away for you. Plus they're doing cheap food at the moment - 99p a meal :loon (that's my kind of place :ok)[/quote'] that sounds good but i am too far away from swansea that would be well worth looking into having a weekend away. what are the buy ins like?? thats it time to get the aa route finder up :nana thanks avongirl well worth looking into for near furure :ok

Re: Live Games in South Wales

Mondays £20 Double chance Freezeout - 4000 chips Guaranteed £1000 with 40 entries Registration Fee: £2 spacer.gif
spacer.gif Tuesdays £30 Deep stack Freezeout – 10,000 chips Guaranteed £1000 with 30 entries Registration Fee: £3 spacer.gif
spacer.gif Wednesdays New Tournament £30 Double Chance Freezeout 4,000 chips - Winner also receives entry into the onewaypoker.com tournament on 31st May (Seats in the onewaypoker.com available 6th, 13th, 20th & 27th May) Registration fee £3 spacer.gif
spacer.gif Thursdays New Tournament £10 Rebuy 3000 chips - Guaranteed £1000 with 50 entries Registration fee £2 spacer.gif
spacer.gif Fridays New Tournament £35 Freezeout + Free 500 Aspire Point Bounty 5000 chips - Guaranteed £2,000 prize pot with 50 entries Registration fee £3 Earn League Points on a Friday evening spacer.gif
spacer.gif Saturdays New Afternoon Tournament £25 Entry + 1 Rebuy 4pm start - 5000 chips - Guaranteed £1000 prize pot with 30 entries Free buffet at 6pm Registration fee £2 spacer.gif
spacer.gif Sundays £20 Freezeout 3pm start - 3500 chips - Guaranteed £1000 prize pot with 40 entries Registration fee £2 Earn League Points on a Sunday afternoon All poker players must register to become members of Aspire. Photo ID is required to join. All poker tournaments are self dealt.
Credit Crunch Lunch from 99p Due to popular demand, we’ve extended our incredible credit crunch lunch. Available midday - 6pm for 99p and 6pm - midnight for £1.99.

Re: Live Games in South Wales some nicely priced torneys well worth a shot at :ok as for the menu 99p for full english breakfast right google houses for sale in swansea :cow also win a new car buy in not bad for that one 125+10 or via online satalite not bad prize layout at all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Live Games in South Wales Evil you interested in playing a £20 live game Sunday. If enough interested (at least 10) I'll get one set up in a local pub in Tredegar. I'll have a better idea with regards to numbers by tomorrow night.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone played the Friday Night £10 Freeze-Out at the grovesnor in cardiff bay?
I've only ever played there on a Sat afternoon and the numbers were very low then. Let me know when you're thinking of going I'll pop down with you:ok

I've only ever played there on a Sat afternoon and the numbers were very low then. Let me know when you're thinking of going I'll pop down with you:ok
I am up for this pre or post Vegas trip or perhaps Aspers in Swansea on a Sunday? :dude

thinking about next friday but wont decide until after the weekend - any good for oyu mate?