Stars VIP offer for UK players

heniek31

Dear heniek31, If you’ve wanted to live the high-rolling lifestyle enjoyed by the top VIPs at PokerStars, then this is your opportunity to join them! We’re running a promotion exclusively for UK players where we’ll be dishing out massive amounts of VIP Player Points (VPP) which can help you climb the VIP ladder rapidly, AND reap all the rewards that come with a high end VIP status – including bonuses, special store items, tournament entries and more. In fact, we’ve got something for each level of player. During May, you can jump from BronzeStar to SilverStar status, just for earning 250 VPPs. Or you could receive a 60,000 VPP reward for earning 1,200 VPPs, putting you on the path to Supernova VIP status. Simply earn the required amount of VPPs outlined in the table below and we’ll upgrade or reward you according to how many points you’ve earned.

VPPs required in May Reward* More information
7500+ VPP 80,000 VPP added to your account How to become a Supernova VIP
3000-7499 VPP 70,000 VPP added to your account How to become a Supernova VIP
1200-2999 VPP 60,000 VPP added to your account How to become a Supernova VIP
750-1199 VPP Upgraded to PlatinumStar (usually requires 7,500 VPPs) PlatinumStar VIP benefits
500-749 VPP Upgraded to GoldStar (usually requires 3,000 VPPs) GoldStar benefits
250-499 VPP Upgraded to SilverStar (usually requires 1,200 VPPs) SilverStar benefits
BENEFITS OF THE VIP CLUB UPGRADE
  • Frequent Player Point (FPP) multipliers – Earn FPP much faster!
  • Ability to enter (or qualify for) the weekly and monthly VIP freerolls
  • Access to a wider variety of items in the VIP Store
  • Ability to purchase instant Cash Bonuses from the VIP Store

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players

This looks like a very generous offer. I made Silver last month, banging 1200 FPPs. Fancy being Superrnova, even for a month :loon.
yep i was thinking that too not a good start tonight though as i seem to be hitting a lot of flops only to be rivered time and time again. definately going to go for it though

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players So if you did 1200 fpp points this month you would still need to get another 40,000 to reach supernova? You would remain supernova then untill the end of May 2010? It sounds good but I think this kind of promotion should carry a government health warning.

Made 250 and -$70 :eyes' date=' but nothing has happened.[/quote'] Don't they only update your status at the end of the month? I'm going to try to earn FPPs playing mainly Steps. 16 so far! :nana But it's early days ...

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players Hello Arthur, The UK promotion is indeed a great way to climb the VIP status ladder. For instance, if you earn 500-749 VPPs you will be upgraded to Golstar status. This promotion is only valid in May. Therefore please disregard the information shown at the cashier section. The information you have to take into consideration is the info for the UK promo: http://www.pokerstars.com/uk/poker/promotions/may-special/ ---------------------------- It looks like, its going to be done manually on 3rd on June and you keep your status for 2 months :ok. Welcome to the club Slap :clap.

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players O.K some one please explain the facination with this promo, I just dont get it. You might get in next month as a platinum star but after that you are back to what ever you normally are, you then have ten months to get 20,30 or 40,000 points to reach supernova which you will lose next May. I reckon for the time and risk involved you would make more on any 30% rakeback deal.

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players Ok, this may not be great offer for any poker player, but for those who play cash on Stars, isn't that bad, just for once to taste higher level. There are (over 2 months) freerolls 8 x 30k, 2 x 100k. Also 8 x 75k to which you can qualify (1 in 3 gets in). There are some good stuff in the shop and you can get some cash rewards too. I'm not trying to recruit people to play on Stars, but it seems to be one off, pretty good offer in a VIP program. I don't think many poker sites would offer anything close to thats sort of reward (apart from better rakeback).

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players I would never dream of making 7.5k ed. The most I ever collected in a month was 2k. I made Silver last month and getting points x1.5 faster, but that doesn't help VPP points. You always get 1 point. I managed to get 1200 points last month on $200 bankroll. Don't ask me how I did that. My target is 750 for Platinum (which normally is 7.5k). I started with only $130 on Friday and over 2 days made 380 VPP, so half way through. I played 4-5 tables for about 10 hrs all together. I'm down to $50, so will struggle. Its more of a challenge for me, than anything else :ok.

O.K some one please explain the facination with this promo' date=' I just dont get it.[/quote'] I can't speak for anybody else, but I never got given a gold star at primary school, and it's been eating at me for 35 years. :$

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players When I spotted this the other day, I wanted to see what the cost of achieving Supernova would be. Once I'd figured it out I said I may as well dump it on here as I thought people might be interested. I assume its completely against the TOS since there would essentially be collusion, but thought it was interesting to note that you end up in profit afterwards! If you got 10 players to agree on a playing strategy such that they all contribute to the pot, and play in such a way that the minimum rake is taken from the pot ($0.40) in order to achieve a VPP. In order to achieve 7500VPPs, you would each contribute $300 in rake in May ($0.40*7500/10), and you would end up with 12300 in FPPs - 1200 reaching Silver, 2700 reaching Gold, and 9000 reaching platinum - This is assuming the "bonus" VIP tiering isn't applied until June which I think is the case. At this point you also have 87,500 VPPs (Including the 80,000 bonus) so you need a further 12,500 to get your Supernova status for the remainder of the year. So you continue to play the strategy above for a further 12,500 VPPs which results in you earning 31,250 FPPs given the platinum rate giving you a total FPP count of 44,150. After a quick look, you should be able to immeadiately turn that 44K into between $500 & $700 worth of value depending on the offers you take up from the VIP store Lets say you commit to play 7 tables for 8 hours, at 70 hands per hour (fairly conservative estimate given the basic playing style required, i.e. Everyone call preflop and check it down, could speed it up by agreeing everyone fold to a bet after the flop or something, so you could probably play more tables at a faster rate) Thats 5600VPPs in a single session, so Supernova could in theory at least be achieved in less than 4 days. What do you get for that? Entry into the freerolls for the remainder of the year. I read somewhere a while back that this was worth roughly $230 per month. Assuming you manage to do this only in time for July, then you get 6 months of Freerolls which is worth $1380. So your total outlay is $800 (Minimum $300 in May, the rest any time before the end of the year), and 4 days of exceptionally boring poker (I'm sure it's pretty easy to write an AHK script to take care of the boring part of it so you wouldn't even need to sit at the computer while it was played, you could do it in your sleep and probably achieve it in a single day!) If you play a 6 max table with the same strategy the total rake paid each would be about $1300 And you get roughly $2,000 worth of value in return for a net profit of $1200, or $300 per day, and of course the potential of a nice payout in one of the freerolls :)

Congrats on the most complicated 1000 post landmark of all time Mcgin' date=' and after Slapdash's shocking confession you are now officially the "smartest cookie" on the forum.[/quote'] Anyone who thinks 7 multiplied by 8 multiplied by 70 equals 5600 probably shouldn't get any cookies. I must have fried my brain half way through! :unsure

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players Well from yesterday and today I have managed to get 915 vpps so hopefully can at least reach the 1200 point for the 60k vpp boost, 4 tabling its going to be hard to get to 7500 vpps though for the 80k boost!

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players Well discovered if I stack tables can quite happily cope with 10 sit and goes running at a time so going to grind this out and go for the 7500 points playing the 16 turbos you need to play 1500 which by my reckoning that they take about 40 mins each on average means finding time for about 80 hours of poker this month :loon:loon

Re: Stars VIP offer for UK players good to see I am not the only person at this! went on a bit of sick heater which has also put me into the top spots on the battle of the planets leaderboard for Earth high orbit, heres hoping it holds little over 1200 vpps now $700 ish bank roll