Yarmouth 30th April (Eve)

6.00 Mutheeb should have a fair chance on taking this for go dolphin, he won a nice looking maiden at lingfield in september with many horses behind him winning and many many being placed after this race, progress over winter can be expected and of course detori riding a positive. 1pt win Mutheeb

Re: Yarmouth 30th April (Eve) 6.00 Mutheeb - LAY at 2.9 I am not convinced by the maiden that this animal ran in. Party Frock and Pension Policy, second and third respectively, have won since but have proven to be moderate performers at the class 5 level. I normally don't lay animals with proven form over the distance but i will make an expeption here. Mutheeb has that only run on his ledger and has taken 226 days off the track. Fitness must be taken on trust and we must also hope that the animal has trained on well. That last race was at Lingfield and today this animal encounters firm ground at Yarmouth, another question mark in this layers mind. The biggest reasons to lay this animal come when we take a quick look at the opposition. Mias Boy has been running very very creditably in races that the likes of Party Frock and Pension Policy would would need a headstart to be competitive in. This animal has won over the 7 furlong distance before and I believe is the one to beat tonight and should indeed be the favourite. Charm School was inches behind Mias Boy last time but the introduction of headgear today might galvanise this animal to produce a good performance. Cloudy Start has solid claims on the pick of the form but must put a bad run on softish ground last time behind. 40/1 outside Mujood blew out the cobwebs last time on return and could improve with that run behind it. All in all, there are major question marks about whether this favourite can beat these animals today and I feel that backing the favourite in these circumstances is a real gamble. The assistance of Lanfranco Dettori may not be enough to get this animal a win today and a lay is recommended.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.