Question for you seasoned trackside punters!

Evening guys Just posted in another thread that i was lucky enough to have been given 2 tickets to Punchestown on saturday although I live in Norfolk i shall be travelling to use them, as been working over 75+hrs a week for past few weeks so gonna take a few days off and make a weekend of it with someone very special to me. I have never actually been racing before so really looking forward but complete novice on the track! But my question is what is the sort of dress code for the day it is the family day of the festival? And is it best to pick your bets before you go there?? Thankyou for any other advice Chris

Re: Question for you seasoned trackside punters! Wear what you like chris the irish are only looking at the horses, you are in for a very special day, if theres a crowed to be around in racing its the irish. And about your working hours, my old gran used to say, ''nobody is in the grave yard saying i could have worked harder'' chill back and enjoy your day, come racing yaaaaaaaaaa. Put your bets on at the track take in the buzz and ask security where its ok to go, every course i go to i always make a point for atleast one race going a wonder and trying to get to a fence for the best view and sound you can get when they thunder past and ping the fence, youl hear stuff you have never heard before, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.