Help with corals saaw bet (stop at a winner)

i did a saaw bet in corals yesterday but had difficulty explaining to them that bet 2 is linked to bet 1 when there is a winner they seemed to think that bet 2 is classed as a seperate bet so wouldnt pay out untill bet 2 the 4.55 at newbury had played even though i had a winner. saaw (stop at a winner) bet 1 3.25 ayr distiller £2 4.55 newbury phillipina £2 bet 2 4.55 newbury phillipina £8 3.25 ayr distiller £8 i have looked at the coral rules and they say; 'Stop at a Winner' bets are acceptable win or each-way and settled in the order written, a non-runner will not be counted as a winner and the bet will continue until one of the selections either occupies or dead heats for the first place. There is nothing that says bet 1 is linked with bet 2 so how do i challenge this as i stand to lose £8 in bet 2 as 4.55 race lost but 3.25 ayr distiller won. do i need to write this bet out in a different way. Hopefully someone can help.

Re: Help with corals saaw bet (stop at a winner)

i did a saaw bet in corals yesterday but had difficulty explaining to them that bet 2 is linked to bet 1 when there is a winner they seemed to think that bet 2 is classed as a seperate bet so wouldnt pay out untill bet 2 the 4.55 at newbury had played even though i had a winner. saaw (stop at a winner) bet 1 3.25 ayr distiller £2 4.55 newbury phillipina £2 bet 2 4.55 newbury phillipina £8 3.25 ayr distiller £8 i have looked at the coral rules and they say; 'Stop at a Winner' bets are acceptable win or each-way and settled in the order written, a non-runner will not be counted as a winner and the bet will continue until one of the selections either occupies or dead heats for the first place. There is nothing that says bet 1 is linked with bet 2 so how do i challenge this as i stand to lose £8 in bet 2 as 4.55 race lost but 3.25 ayr distiller won. do i need to write this bet out in a different way. Hopefully someone can help.
How is the first bet linked to the second?

Re: Help with corals saaw bet (stop at a winner) I think the intention was to have both bets be individual saaw bets, but if written on a single slip it is open to interpretation to say the least. One interpretation could be that saaw applies to bet 1 and then bet 2 but NOT to the individual selections inside bet 1 or bet 2. ( actually bet 1 and bet 2 could each be interpreted as a double each ) Another one could be that bet 1 and bet 2 as such are not relevant and saaw is applied to all 4 selections in that order. Need to know EXACTLY how the bet slip was written.

Re: Help with corals saaw bet (stop at a winner) hi yes i wrote it out exactly as above on the one slip. The staff in coral are saying that because i wrote bet 1 and then bet 2, bet 2 is classed as a sepperate saaw bet. So im wondering should i have left the words bet 1 and bet 2 out and just wrote all selections out on a slip like this; ---------------------------------- saaw (stop at a winner) 3.25 ayr distiller £2 4.55 newbury phillipina £2 4.55 newbury phillipina £8 3.25 ayr distiller £8 -------------------------------

Re: Help with corals saaw bet (stop at a winner) So in the case of this saaw perm below with 4 races, do i not put bet 1 and bet 2 example saaw (stop at a winner) BET 1 1/ 2.20 font sp fav £2 evens 2/ 2.40 bright sp fav £2 evens 3/ 3.50 south sp fav £2 evens 4/ 4.10 south sp fav £2 evens BET 2 4.10 font sp fav £8 evens 3.50 bright sp fav £8 evens 2.40 south sp fav £8 evens 2.20 south sp fav £8 evens ---------------------------- thanks for your help

hi yes i wrote it out exactly as above on the one slip. The staff in coral are saying that because i wrote bet 1 and then bet 2, bet 2 is classed as a sepperate saaw bet.
Maybe I'm just being thick, but I can't actually think of any other way of interpreting it. :unsure What exactly was the bet you thought you were making?

The staff in coral are saying that because i wrote bet 1 and then bet 2, bet 2 is classed as a sepperate saaw bet.
I'd agree that would be the most logical interpretation.
---------------------------------- saaw (stop at a winner) 3.25 ayr distiller £2 4.55 newbury phillipina £2 4.55 newbury phillipina £8 3.25 ayr distiller £8 -------------------------------
What would be the point of doing this, the third and fourth selection will never be reached. If the first or second win then the bet stops, if they both lose then the 3rd and 4th also lose. Unless you mean you want to perm between the selections and you actually have 4 saaw bets using the selections from bet 1 and bet 2 ? Which makes no sense as you'd have the same selection in one of the perm bets and there is no indication at all on the bet slip that you intend the bet slip to be a perm.

Re: Help with corals saaw bet (stop at a winner) -------------------------------- saaw (stop at a winner) BET 1 1/ 2.20 font sp fav £2 evens 2/ 2.40 bright sp fav £2 evens 3/ 3.50 south sp fav £2 evens 4/ 4.10 south sp fav £2 evens BET 2 4.10 font sp fav £8 evens 3.50 bright sp fav £8 evens 2.40 south sp fav £8 evens 2.20 south sp fav £8 evens ---------------------------- Do you mean perm all selections in bet 1 and bet 2 into a total of 16 saaw bets ?

Re: Help with corals saaw bet (stop at a winner) i understand now that bet 1 was meant to be on 1 slip and bet 2 on another not both on same slip. my mistake. Allthough ladbrokes were paying them out to me anyway. but i now understand this. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i want to do a saaw bet with 4 selections on it rather then just 2, How would i write this out on a slip, I never thought of doing these as a perm bet how would that work? many thanks for help