Best Bet Of The Day - Fri 17th Apr

Palavicini 3.15 Newbury Palavicini is the one to beat for me, only 1l 2nd to Delegator (form boosted 16/04/09), it was then 3rd at odds on in a conditions race but didn't settle early on and wasn't suited by the pace of the race. Went off an odds on favourite here on its last start and won readily over 8f despite the jockey saying he got to the front too soon and the ground was softer than ideal. Has the pedigree to suggest the trip will be fine, has stayed on at end of races rather than weakened and I can see this running a big race.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Fri 17th Apr 16.15 Thirsk - Steelcut Steelcut has won over this distance before and off the top of my head it is back down close to its highest winning mark (won off the mark of 72 last year) going off 74. It is also drawn well and is definately the most interesting contender in this race for me. table and jockey are firing at the moment.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.