Cheltenham 15/4/09

Re: Cheltenham 15/4/09 14:45 - 1725.GIFBoychuk TBP @ 9/4 Bet365 Fairly consistent horse but has not won since Nov '06 which is why I will take him to place only, he has some decent form at Cheltenham with a course win to his name, this trip may not be his best and was turned over at odds-on over c&d, however he does like the good ground so that should suit, the Hobbs stable seems in good form with nearly half there runners being placed in the last 14 days (20 put of 43), could be in the mix here and the 9/4 to place looks fair.

Re: Cheltenham 15/4/09 245 Cheltenham - Alexanderthegreat @ 11/1 skybet I backed this one at Cheltenham Festival where he was going well until brought down by a faller and can be counted as a little unlucky. Rarely runs a bad race here and has some good form in the book from earlier in the season with Rambling Minster and Character Building, both of whom have franked the form since. Ran poorly last time but Aintree is a very different track to here and hopefully a return will bring him back to form. This looks easier than recent races too.

Re: Cheltenham 15/4/09 15:55 - 8135.GIFPrivate Be TBP @ 5/4 Bluesq Another runner from the Hobbs stable, this runner was running well towards the start of the season with a 4th and a 3rd at Cheltenham, my concern is that he pulled up over c&d last time he was here but maybe the ground was against him that day, he looks pretty well handicapped, 5th at Aintree in the Topham lto which was a good run and ill take him to finish in the top 3 here.

Re: Cheltenham 15/4/09 2.10 Torpichen 4/5 spo 15 pts This one could make amends for an ok effort in the supreme if perhaps slightly disappointing too. Its ok in the sense of this race but really given his profile and how impressive he was at san and also the unexposed flat profile he had, it was arguably a bit lacklustre. However he should improve for that experience given how inexperienced he really was. Perhaps the smaller field will also help and looks the pick here with rory boy maybe to push him close. 3.10 Amore Mio 14/1 wh bog 7.5 pts e.w I backed the pipe runner lto but cant have him today after such a beating lto. Instead I will go for one who did have a similar kind of beating lto but is not the same price and worth more of a chance. This one had a really good second behind TH winner Zaynar in a race that worked out with the third stow and the fourth saticon boosting the form. Then it got off the mark at san and looked one to follow. Lto it was disappointing in the TH but that can happen to inexperienced horses in such a big field and can be forgiven to some extent, a few beaten some way in that race have completely overturned form since then and Amore Mio could be one to do so. 3.55 Private be 5/1 spo 7.5 pts e.w Johnson is elsewhere but Private Be is a horse for whom has been frustrating but I have felt for a while has been fairly handicapped. Some of its early form here in the pp and also when beating nacarat was good and whilst he was a bit disappointing afterwards, his race at ain over the national fences was fair when fifth and he has even been dropped since then by 6 pounds which makes him a fair option here and could be an e.w shot to nothing. 4.30 Quaddick Lake 13/2 bet3 bog 7.5 pts e.w Was my first bet on here this season and finally after so many lacklustre runs he is fulfilling the promise of his first run behind Snap tie when still upsides him at the last before falling. After that lost his way badly but has returned to form of late, won twice on the bounce at Exeter and seemingly thrived over an extended trip. Actually has surprised me winning at Exeter as I don’t like him right handed and often he wastes ground by jumping that way but it was still no problem. Ground today could be an issue particularly if continues to rain, connections may take him out but some of his relatives handled softer ground so its not impossible he cant handle it and continue winning run despite higher mark. 5.50 Lodge Lane 15/8 betfr 15 pts Always likely to be a chaser and lto he returned to form. He has started of his chase career well and looked a RSA candidate, beat Wichita Lineman but then produced two poor efforts and jumped badly both times. However the yard wasn’t in good form then and is now, the blinkers really helped lto where he finished second and maybe was a touch unfortunate, arguably idling cost him victory. He does have his quirks, check his chelt bumper run to see that but he has a lot of talent too and the yard form is a bonus.

Re: Cheltenham 15/4/09

14:45 - 1725.GIFBoychuk TBP @ 9/4 Bet365 Fairly consistent horse but has not won since Nov '06 which is why I will take him to place only, he has some decent form at Cheltenham with a course win to his name, this trip may not be his best and was turned over at odds-on over c&d, however he does like the good ground so that should suit, the Hobbs stable seems in good form with nearly half there runners being placed in the last 14 days (20 put of 43), could be in the mix here and the 9/4 to place looks fair.[/quot well done spooner won by 7 lenghts to :nana:nana:nana