Winning streaks

Hi, want to test out something here. Current form is important in football, and i will use that: I will back teams that have at least 4 consecutive wins, against team that didn't win their last match, at odds of at least 1.70. Real money but low stakes. All bets with Betfair and results after 5% comm. Start bank: 100 Each bet: 10 :loon

Re: Winning streaks 1. Cherno More - Levski, back Levski @ 2.52 0-0 :( 2. Oldham - Peterborough, back Peterborough @ 2.42 1-2 :) 3. Dender - Gent, back Gent @ 1.90 1-1 :( 4. MTK Budapest - Zalaegerszegi, back MTK Budapest @ 1.86 0-2 :( Amazing result, 3 out of 4 teams ended their win streaks....! :wall Start bank: 100 Bets: 4 Wins: 1 Losses: 3 Strike rate: 25% Current bank: 83.49

Re: Winning streaks

Hoo' date=' just a thought but with teams on a good winning streak it might attract punters and result in bad odds being offered, worth following though as you may have found a good laying system :loon[/quote'] Agreed, the more i think about this the worse i feel about it. I will seriously look into the laying aspect! :lol

Re: Winning streaks 1. Cherno More - Levski, back Levski @ 2.52 0-0 frown2.gif 2. Oldham - Peterborough, back Peterborough @ 2.42 1-2 smile2.gif 3. Dender - Gent, back Gent @ 1.90 1-1 frown2.gif 4. MTK Budapest - Zalaegerszegi, back MTK Budapest @ 1.86 0-2 frown2.gif 5. Panthrakikos - AEK, back AEK @ 1.79 1-1 :( 6. Bellinzona - Basel, back Basel @ 1.72 1-1 :( 7. Oliveirense - Olhanense, back Olhanense @ 2.38 1-0 :( Not the start i expected...! Start bank: 100 Bets: 7 Wins: 1 Losses: 6 Strike rate: 14% Current bank: 53.49

Re: Winning streaks I don't think this system will work. I agree recent form is important but you would need to back test the odds of any team winning 5 in a row. I would say it would be pretty slim, especially since draws come into play.

I don't think this system will work. I agree recent form is important but you would need to back test the odds of any team winning 5 in a row. I would say it would be pretty slim' date=' especially since draws come into play.[/quote'] Thanks for the input. As i already stated, i don't think it would work (altho it's a really small sample). Just for fun, i tested what the results would be if i had layed the teams instead. I did'nt record the lay odds, but i calculated it as back odds + 0.06, since you never get to lay at exactly the same as back odds. This showed a ROI of 66% :loon

Re: Winning streaks Hooloo, not that it's worth much but my gut feeling is if you stick to lower leagues then laying is the play. Consecutive wins requires a continued application of mental concentration intensity which at a lesser professional level is something I would imagine you would find a lot less. High intensity levels are hard to sustain at the highest level of the game, at a lower level my feeling would be that you wouldn't find too many winning streaks. Depending on where the 'in form' team is playing I would considering backing the draw instead of laying too...

Hooloo' date=' not that it's worth much but my gut feeling is if you stick to lower leagues then laying is the play. Consecutive wins requires a continued application of mental concentration intensity which at a lesser professional level is something I would imagine you would find a lot less. High intensity levels are hard to sustain at the highest level of the game, at a lower level my feeling would be that you wouldn't find too many winning streaks. Depending on where the 'in form' team is playing I would considering backing the draw instead of laying too...[/quote'] Thanks for input. There is indeed alot of aspects to consider. Did a quick calculation of matches so far, backing the draw @ 3.25. Resulting ROI was a stunning 79% :loon