Aintree ~ 4th April 2009 - Grand National Day

Re: Aintree ~ 4th April 2009 - Grand National Day

Havent got time for a preview: But: After looking at trends and form: 2 pts win Butlers Cabin

1 pt ew Cornish Sett

1 pt ew Kilbeggan Blade

1 pt ew Brooklyn Brownie

0.5 pt ew Irish Invader

0.5 pt ew Himalayan Trail

0.5 pt ew Golden Flight Also forecasts and tricasts

Total Staked: 11 pts

Butlers Cabin - Dour stayer, lower mark than last year when unlucky. Mccoy rides Cornish Sett - Goes for Nicholls, comes into the race in much better form than last year, Form now reads 1-2-8 this season after a fall. Completed course before. Kilbeggan Blade - Very consistent, best when stamina is tested. Broolyn Brownie - Likes firmer ground, so todays ground should suit. Needs to improve jumping.

I've been watching Richard Johnson very closely recently and he makes so many mistakes with jumping' date=' it is unbelievable this guy never gets critisized. His horse was absolutely cruising, but two dreadful jumps and that was it. People say horses just make errors and it's true, but they do a lot more with Johnson on board. Can't remember I've ever heard "what a great tide by Richard Johnson" like they say for AP and Ruby.[/quote'] I've missed today racing, will hope to catch this race now if the replays are still on the BBC?

I've been watching Richard Johnson very closely recently and he makes so many mistakes with jumping' date=' it is unbelievable this guy never gets critisized. His horse was absolutely cruising, but two dreadful jumps and that was it. People say horses just make errors and it's true, but they do a lot more with Johnson on board. Can't remember I've ever heard "what a great tide by Richard Johnson" like they say for AP and Ruby.[/quote'] Never gets criticised by the media maybe but I know me and Bowles have criticised him on here. He's fcuking useless, I try avoid anything he is on. He seems to throw horses into fences and hurdles at times, don't rate him at all.

Never gets criticised by the media maybe but I know me and Bowles have criticised him on here. He's fcuking useless' date=' I try avoid anything he is on. He seems to throw horses into fences and hurdles at times, don't rate him at all.[/quote'] i wouldnt have him anywhere near one of mine, personal experience a few years back ;)

Re: Aintree ~ 4th April 2009 - Grand National Day Been on couple of his mounts recently and they looked very good on form, but got no return. Watched him closely and I will be avoiding his rides from now on. No wonder young Flint does so well when he rides the Hobbs horses in the handicaps. If TJ O'Brien gets on Massini's Magire, then it surely must be backed. I think the horse will improve a lot under a different jockey. Missed the start in the Champion Hurdle as well. Had Snap Tie last and had to make his move on the outside in the middle of the race. Of course the horse had nothing left for the finish. Not sure he would have done anything, but still another example. Lots of other jockeys aren't doing these mistakes. I'm afraid he won't be moved away. No chance. He's married to Hobbs' daugher as far as I know :) I'm glad Noel Fehly beat him today in the first race. Far better jockey.

Re: Aintree ~ 4th April 2009 - Grand National Day Just watched the 3.25, Peter Pole was going really well wasn't he until those mistakes. I'm sure he'll win a decent race soon when his jumping is back up to scratch and, by the sound of it, if Johnson is jocked off! McCoy did really well didn't he, there wasn't much to split him from Rhys Flint's horse as they were neck and neck but he got that bit extra out his horse in the finish, I suppose thats why he's the champ. :clap